EFLC3: West Ham Utd 2-1 Chelsea (26/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Chelsea: match thread

Post by James P »

I've heard that West Ham and Chelsea firms agreed to meet a mile away from the match. Unfortunately this was still in the stadium

Ba-dum tish!
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by likemydreams »

Match highlights! If we had a proper striker it could have been embarrassing for the rentboys
http://m.footytube.com/video/west-ham-u ... t26-455410" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

24 hours on and I'm still buzzing! That was a special night! Kind of makes up for the Astra, Watford and Southampton disasters. Seriously, I think that it's just about a fair trade off! :crest:
rciron
Has liked: 295 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

I have some sympathy for him. Even though it was Boris and not him, the average pleb is going to make a connection between the mayor's office and West Ham savages ruining their *free* stadium anytime trouble flares up. He's got to distance himself.

There's going to be a lot of gyp for whoever holds that office, perhaps for a decade or more.[/quote]
f*** him, he took the job, that's what he gets paid for
SXreject

Post by SXreject »

just watched the clip of the traumatized kid on the BBC and I tell you what if she was hit by as many coins as her dozzy **** of a dad had in his hand, I want her to buy my lottery tickets this weekend as she is one lucky youngster.

There was some baldy all over the papers with a cut on his head, probably a shaving cut looking at his barnet, who had looked like he'd been shot and that was probably one ten Bob.

I love all this mass hysteria....just like the old days :?
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-publ ... coins2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My thoughts on him are probably best described by Clinton Baptiste.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nonse :D
Believer
Has liked: 1391 likes
Total likes: 727 likes

Post by Believer »

SXreject wrote:
There was some baldy all over the papers with a cut on his head, probably a shaving cut looking at his barnet, who had looked like he'd been shot and that was probably one ten Bob.
Made me smile when he was interviewed.....

"Yes I felt something - wasn't sure if it was a brick ! Turned out it was a coin"

A brick or a coin ?? Ermmmmm :P
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

If the coins were thrown at the back end of the game, I find it quite strange how there aren't many empty seats in the background as a number of Chelsea fans had left early!
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Well, that's the end of quite an extraordinary day in the media limelight for the club, apparently.
I say apparently, as I've done as I always have done over recent years, which is ignore any mainstream media organisation at any given cost or time. They're so far up their own backsides trying to set the public "Agenda" and influence people's thinking, that they couldn't give a single toss about truths.

Take it from me, don't buy any newspaper, don't watch or subscribe to any news channels or the news (especially BBC) and certainly don't listen to phone in radio shows. Works a treat, you then get to stand back and wait for the dust to settle down on what the media tells us was yesterday's big story. You certainly won't be any less informed than anyone else, and your blood pressure will stay that little bit lower as a result.

Ignore the mainstream media, form your own opinion.
Grandad Hammer

Post by Grandad Hammer »

I may well be missing something but as I understand things the confrontation was at the behest of the Chelsea rent boys - I read a post allegedly from one of the rent boys in another West Ham forum calling it on! If that can be shown to be the case should it not be the Russian oligarch and his minions that are the subject of the FA enquiry?
The problem is that we are an easy target now for visiting fans, who rightly or wrongly, are jealous of the deal done on the London Stadium or misguidedly of the stadium itself and are adopting a "if we can't have it, then we'll f**k it up for them" attitude.
As an aside I confess that after the atmosphere created last night I have slightly warmed to the new stadium, probably just as well as we won't be going anywhere!
TootingRob

Post by TootingRob »

Why were their fans all allowed to stand?
It's just not fair........
TootingRob

Post by TootingRob »

Joking aside, if I was next to the rent boys and they started throwing bottles full of piss. I'd not be too happy myself. Worse than being gobbed at and that's saying something. How's that not been reported anywhere.
Grandad Hammer

Post by Grandad Hammer »

TootingRob wrote:Joking aside, if I was next to the rent boys and they started throwing bottles full of piss. I'd not be too happy myself. Worse than being gobbed at and that's saying something. How's that not been reported anywhere.
Easy one that! There is jealousy and resentment about our getting the London Stadium on the terms agreed, resentment from other fans, clubs and yes the media.
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

Sick of the one sided media. They hate the fact we got the New Boleyn Ground. Stuff the lot of 'em.
:crest:
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Can't remember who said it but it was one of the TV pundits a few weeks ago and he reckoned we just needed a "big game" at the new stadium to get the ground buzzing. Our players and fans would both be well up for it and raise the atmosphere. Couldn't help agreeing with him at the time.
As it turned out it was Chelski under lights in a midweek cup tie and that's exactly what happened. We looked confident and a raised our game to the level of last season's highs and looked a completely different side from earlier this season.
Don't really want to single players out but Reid and Kouyate were superb and the return of Cresswell and introduction of Obiang have given us a huge lift. Still missing that frontman though but Antonio did well and made Terry look like a twat.
Onwards and upwards.... :crest:
badseed
Total likes: 1 like

Post by badseed »

We've now got exclusive photos of the nasty coin-thrower:

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1464 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

SXreject wrote:just watched the clip of the traumatized kid on the BBC and I tell you what if she was hit by as many coins as her dozzy **** of a dad had in his hand, I want her to buy my lottery tickets this weekend as she is one lucky youngster.

I love all this mass hysteria....just like the old days :?

I have questioned the legitimacy of this story surrounding this family being hit by coins.

However, coins were thrown by both sides and for that I'm ashamed. Forget the "but they started it" crap. Anyone throwing coins that can potentially blind someone is a complete knob in my view, I dont care what team you follow. Its not clever or brave.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2903 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Grandad Hammer wrote:There is jealousy and resentment about our getting the London Stadium on the terms agreed, resentment from other fans, clubs and yes the media.
Maybe then it wasn't such a great deal for us after all .

A few of us pointed out at the time there would be grief for anything up to a decade because of it .
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 848 likes
Total likes: 822 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

" It's like a return to the 1970's"

" Someone's going to get killed soon "

" Shut West Ham's ground if violence is repeated "

Christ Almighty the media are in overdrive on this one aren't they. Not for one minute do I condone the behaviour of some of our fans on Wednesday who were clearly at the game with an intent to cause trouble, however I do feel a little perspective is required.
From the moment the draw was made, there was a very high probability of violence erupting and the media were quick to latch on to this and use it as another stick to beat us with. However, apart from coin throwing and a few seats being smashed and thrown across the divide, from what I could see from TV coverage was nothing more than pushing and gesturing from both sets of fans, "handbags at dawn" as they say - certainly a million miles from some of the scenes I witnessed in the 70's and 80's. Yet, the media would have us believe the ICF have returned and full scale carnage has ensued. Make no mistake, the media were glad there was some confontation at the game - they already had their sensationalist headlines prepped and were good to go with their stories of old school hooliganism returning us to the dark old days.
As for the Chelsea fan speaking to the media about his kid being hit with 7 coins, saying he wants to take this matter further, he strikes me as someone who has the whiff of compensation in his nostrils already and is going to milk it as much as he can.

We remain an easy target for the media who clearly have an agenda here.
delbert
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 694 likes

Post by delbert »

steps wrote:
https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-publ ... coins2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The poor lad on the left hasn't a clue what's going on....... :D