EFLC3: West Ham Utd 2-1 Chelsea (26/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Gunz412

Re: West Ham Utd vs Chelsea: match thread

Post by Gunz412 »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:We remain an easy target for the media who clearly have an agenda here.
Can I recommend this balanced viewpoint expressed by Paul Hayward. He has a sly dig at 'Brand West Ham' which most of us believe is part of the problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... sts-at-lo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Bottom line ... There can be no defence for what happened in the stadium on Wednesday night from a minority of West Ham & Chelsea fans. You are a disgrace.
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

bubbles1966 wrote: http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016 ... l-match-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks a lot pal :thup:
delbert
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 693 likes

Post by delbert »

Times have massively changed since the 80's, what happened inside the ground was just a bit of titting about.
When I left I was going down Carpenters Road with West Ham on one side and Chelsea on the other as we went under the bridge, a bit of chanting and that was it. Given there was zero plod about and after what had happened inside I wouldn't have been too surprised if it had kicked off, but I didn't see anything......
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

The first 3 addresses of those arrested - Battersea, Mitcham, Letchworth !!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/art ... adium.html
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

The bloke from Letchworth nicked for assault, assault on a police officer and possession of class A! He's not had a good night has he....
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Coops »

ironstu wrote:The bloke from Letchworth nicked for assault, assault on a police officer and possession of class A! He's not had a good night has he....
Cocaine is always a bad choice.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Gabers wrote:Bottom line ... There can be no defence for what happened in the stadium on Wednesday night from a minority of West Ham & Chelsea fans. You are a disgrace.
Totally agree
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

This is all so over the top, I've been to a load of other games where the atmosphere was much more intimidating and it hasn't got this type of reaction. The media was desperate for a story and they've blown up a load of handbags and shouting into WW3. As for the idiot with the coins I really hope someone bumps into him and gives him a dig, that's an absolute helmet there.
FrostyLemon

Post by FrostyLemon »

One of the things that annoys me is that the club wants an atmosphere in the stadium, but generally that atmosphere is created by fans who want to wind up the away supporters. The problem is that theres a fine line between an intimidating atmosphere which I like at West Ham and a hostile one which results in scarfers getting hurt. The olympic stadium is a step in the right direction for us as a club, but it's a much more sanitised experience and I'm all for making the place intimidating. No need to throw anything though.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1082 likes

Post by Rio »

ironstu wrote:The bloke from Letchworth nicked for assault, assault on a police officer and possession of class A! He's not had a good night has he....

Why would a bring a load of kids with him?
si_preston_hammer

Post by si_preston_hammer »

Rio wrote: "The bloke from Letchworth nicked for assault, assault on a police officer and possession of class A! He's not had a good night has he..."

Why would a bring a load of kids with him?
:lol: Spat my tea out! Hilarious!*

*I'm easily amused though!
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1027 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

the pink palermo wrote:
Maybe then it wasn't such a great deal for us after all .

A few of us pointed out at the time there would be grief for anything up to a decade because of it .
Yeah, it's high time major businesses started taking the actions of a handful of dickheads and whingers into account before following the advice of highly trained business analysts.

Forget the hundreds of millions of pounds. Some halfwitted men are going to say some naughty words and point aggressively. We should pull out of the deal.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Rio wrote: Why would a bring a load of kids with him?
Class B had already been snapped up by the Chelsea coin tea leaf!
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Coops »

The amount of coverage the press are giving the handbags you would think an American had been killed.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2058 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Gabers :thup:
Rockhampton Hammer
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Rockhampton Hammer »

TootingRob wrote:Joking aside, if I was next to the rent boys and they started throwing bottles full of piss. I'd not be too happy myself. Worse than being gobbed at and that's saying something. How's that not been reported anywhere.
Perhaps the chap with the alleged class A drugs was submitting his sample for analysis?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2058 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Short extract from the club's official site
Rapid progress has been made in the investigation with extensive CCTV footage being shared with West Ham United, London Stadium partners and the Metropolitan Police.

Banning notifications will be issued for offences ranging from the use of abusive and offensive language to missile throwing. In line with our zero tolerance policy, all those involved will receive a seasonal or lifetime ban depending on the severity of the offence. Footage is also being shared with Chelsea Football Club so they can take action in line with their own policies.

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016 ... xrWtdQ9.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

Gunz412 wrote: Can I recommend this balanced viewpoint expressed by Paul Hayward. He has a sly dig at 'Brand West Ham' which most of us believe is part of the problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... sts-at-lo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bloke's a grade A hypocrite of the worst possible order. Bent over backwards last may to excuse Liverpool's fans from everything they did in the Europa League and it's a bit rich of him to bring up the Russians for "chilling violence" when he spent all summer on twitter blaming England fans for the trouble.

Precisely the sort of agenda-driven writing that's turned this into such a farce.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2903 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

LeonRivers wrote: Yeah, it's high time major businesses started taking the actions of a handful of dickheads and whingers into account before following the advice of highly trained business analysts.
Well it would appear they listened to the wrong people doesn't it ?

Highly trained business analysts ? Don't make me laugh :the whole thing is being shown up to be amateur hour .

It's encouraging to hear you think so highly of fellow supporters though ......
LeonRivers wrote: Forget the hundreds of millions of pounds. Some halfwitted men are going to say some naughty words and point aggressively. We should pull out of the deal.
As Brady is discovering to her cost screwing other parties into the ground, leaving no good will on the table isn't always the best deal .

Sometimes it's better to give a little .......you'll get more in the long run .