Transfer Window: January 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Transfer Window: January 2017

Post by Peaches »

Between injuries, flops and players who have fallen out with the manager or club we barely have 11 players capable of playing at a premier league standard. Things will get worse when we lose player to the Afcon. The earliest we can change thing is the January transfer window. Who would you like to see come in and who do you think will or should go?
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Re: January 2017 Transfer Window

Post by Doc H Ball »

Oh no!

Sun's out, roast in the oven, bottle of red breathing and now my missus is trying to find the IP cable.

Carrick for me please :thup:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

These owners have virtually no form for spending in January.

Consequently, work out who can be sold or given back so that money can be raised to pay for new players.

Sunday People have us interested in Mamadou Sakho from Liverpool. I could believe it as a loan would probably be possible and Ginge is 34 next birthday.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

In's
Bacca/Icardi 30m
Oscar/Sigordson 25m Take over Nobles role.
Fozu Mensah 12.5m
Isaac Success 12.5m

Out
Zaza
Tore
Collins

More Dynamism/ Goal threat from CM
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

They will never spend £80 million :lol:
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

brooking1966 wrote:In's
Bacca/Icardi 30m
Oscar/Sigordson 25m Take over Nobles role.
Fozu Mensah 12.5m
Isaac Success 12.5m
Good to see blind optimism is alive and well on here
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

61dicksey wrote:They will never spend £8 million :lol:
Corrected for you, applying our January expenditure rule
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Just said in the Payet thread - I reckon he will be sold. We have no money. We need players. We will sell Payet to fund additions and they'll make out he "demanded" a move. It'll be "Bellamy part 2" !

Out will go Payet, Tore and Zaza

In we'll get whoever is available on a free, a loan or a try to buy.

The summer was significant in how I see the next few years until they sell up. They will want us to stay up on a shoestring and if it fails it'll all be the managers fault and the fans fault.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

When we were about to get relegated and in a worse position than this we brought in Ba on a free, Bridge and Keane on loan, changed our mind on Sidwell on a free as we didn't fancy his wages 'cos we had Kovac and publically humiliated Grant whilst we tried to convince O'Neill to join, but then decided to stick with Grant so we could save on his termination fee in the summer.

And there are people out there who think we might spend some money on transfers?

:lol:
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

If paper talk and rumours are to believed, Sakho is off to WBA for 16m, Carroll is off to China for 20m and Zaza is off back to Italy. I would hope we can send Tore back to Turkey. That should generate some cash and free up a lot of wages, but it would leave us desperately short up front. I think we signed too many players who had never played in the premier league and the bulk of our signings need to come from the premiership.
I think our best option is to try to sign players who are currently not In favour at their current teams. With the plethora of new managers and signings at the big clubs, a lot of good players are currently not getting any time on the pitch.
It certainly looks like Stuuridge will be available, if only we can convince him to join us. I'm not sure if the carrick comment was serious, but I'd take him for the rest of the season. Ramsay and Oxlade Chamberlain barely play at Arsenal, and Batshuayi is probably regretting moving to Chelsea for all he has played.

If they are available on loan or for the right price, they would all improve us.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

hammer1975 wrote: And there are people out there who think we might spend some money on transfers?
:lol:
Summer Savings
Zaza +20m
Tore +12m
Enners wages
Gate Reciepts

Float +40m

January Sales
Carroll +25m (China)
Enner +15m (China)
Sakho +12m

Total = Enough (Steptoe n Son stylely)
Devs Hampton
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Devs Hampton »

Not expecting an awful lot from the "pack of 3" in charge of our club but the way things are going Jan movements may also be heavily influenced by who our manager is too!
    fjthegrey
    Has liked: 14 likes
    Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Loans.
    hammer1975
    Has liked: 933 likes
    Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

brooking1966 wrote: Summer Savings
    Zaza +20m
    Tore +12m
    Enners wages
    Gate Reciepts

Float +40m

January Sales
    Carroll +25m (China)
    Enner +15m (China)
    Sakho +12m

Total = Enough (Steptoe n Son stylely)
    Would love you to be right but I suspect that
    - we don't have the money to buy Zaza without selling Sakho. I'm sceptical we'd get more than £10m for a player who hasn't played for 6+ months and has scored a couple in 12 months
    - Enner is on a 12 month loan and we can't sell him unless Everton send him back
    - Tore is on a 12 month loan
    - Maybe Carroll will go - then again could be paper rumours
    - expect the board to start talking about reduced budget due to lower expected finishing position around Dec 31st
    goof

Post by goof »

Despite we all agreeing that Fletcher needs a run out & should be given his chance, with the absence of Zaza at home & we should be tyring to win, Stoke brought on Crouch & Diouf & treid to win it. That says to me that they are more interested in saving money on Zaza than they are with our prem servival. All they will do is play the Sakho & Carroll coming back card & Zaza will change to a loan with no option or go back, if they have any balls at all send back Zaza, Calleri, Tore,. God knows what to do with Nordtveit & Feghouli. I do not see the wisdom in selling Sakho to the Albion unless he really wants out. If they did go we need 2 stikers in of proven quality like Lacazette & Bacca, we could not persuade them to come when we where on the up, going to be a tough ask battling relegation. Of course none of this matters if Billic dose not have the balls to play 2 up top at home, the more probable out come is starting Enner in the championship.
    bubbles1966
    Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
    Has liked: 2437 likes
    Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

fjthegrey wrote:Loans.
    Sakho from Liverpool looks a 7/10 possibility to me if we can persuade him. Out of favour there, another Frenchie, Collins/Nordtveit probably not on the long term list. We are now so far behind Liverpool, they will be prepared to deal.

I thought Giroud might be another one. Same ilk as Carroll, similar justifications to Sakho.

I wonder if we will try and shift a player like Feghouli, who hasn't broken through, didn't cost millions and probably is sellable.

There isn't much wrong with our central midfield and attacking midfield.

I have no idea about RB. Glen Johnson or similar to replace Arbeloa? Jenkinson again?
    thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

Peter Crouch
    Yea Why Not
    Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

fjthegrey wrote:Loans.
    Usually the best way to go in January. Shame Ings got injured

All we need is a striker. We're pretty much set everywhere else. Wouldn't say no to Carrick though
    Last edited by Yea Why Not on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Het-Field
    Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
    Has liked: 25 likes
    Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

There is significant rectification needed before actually appraising what is necessary in January.

1.Determine the roles to be played by Arbeloa, Sakho, and Valencia. If they are totally out of favour, and Slav has determined they are done, that is it. Attempt to sell, and pay off Arbeloa. There is no point having players around the team.

2.Make a final call on Zaza. His game time is now going to be regulated by the terms of his contract, and he has limited time to make an impact. There appears to be roughly £20 Million riding on this.

3.Return Byram, Makuasu, and Carroll to the squad as and when injury permits, and see what they can do.

4.Finalise the shape and formation for the team. The 3-4-3 has yielded 7 points out of a possible ten, which isn't bad, but we are losing on Kouyate's strengths in order to play that way.

In terms of actual signings, I'm currently at a loss as to what is necessary. Although hopefully we might get a single striker who will give us a better return than the ones we have brought in so far.
    Johnny Byrne's Boots
    Has liked: 1788 likes
    Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I think being in or around the relegation zone at the end of the year, as looks very likely, will be a serious reality check for the board.

It'll still be loans though. Sullivan will continue to think he can spot a world class cheapie despite all evidence to the contrary.