EFLCQF: Manchester Utd 4-1 West Ham Ut d (30/11/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

europeanscum

Re: Manchester Utd v West Ham Utd: match thread (EFL Cup)

Post by europeanscum »

ageing hammer wrote:
How did he escape a yellow after fouling Kouyate first half and then kicked the ball at him in a rage of anger.

He then picks up a yellow in the second half for dissent ( which would have meant a second yellow and sending off ) and spends the rest of the match shouting and moaning every time he came near the ref.

How does he get away with it.
In fairness, Rooneys rolling of the ball into Kouyates face didn't get much of a reaction from the latter. The replay showed Kouyate could've easily picked up a card there too, he had a little kick out at Rooney as he went down.

Another player in either of their positions could've rolled around feigning injury.
HighWycombeHammer

Post by HighWycombeHammer »

Well we have double the amount of season ticket holders now...why do they not seem bothered about seeing such games ?

I know we haven't been treated well ...nothing new there though....but the current level of away support isn't as big as most expected.[/quote]

We may have double the season tickets but those extra people were still there and could of always gone away if they wanted. Still the same usual faces when you go away and most of them are 40+. Kids coming through are not as passionate as most of us were at that age and will fall away when we go through a bad patch.
AntiHero

Post by AntiHero »

RE Antonio: Defensive liability at times yes, but we still conceded two goals when he wasn't on the pitch, in a shorter space of time. Man u's second down the left as well - just for some balance.
NottinghamTom

Post by NottinghamTom »

HighWycombeHammer wrote:Well we have double the amount of season ticket holders now...why do they not seem bothered about seeing such games ?

I know we haven't been treated well ...nothing new there though....but the current level of away support isn't as big as most expected.
We may have double the season tickets but those extra people were still there and could of always gone away if they wanted. Still the same usual faces when you go away and most of them are 40+. Kids coming through are not as passionate as most of us were at that age and will fall away when we go through a bad patch.[/quote]

This is harsh in my eyes.

I feel there's a lot of young kids, way younger than myself who are probably more passionate that myself, who go home and away and I think once you get that addiction I don't think it matters how rubbish what's on the pitch is you just get in the habit of going.

I know this is the most disinterested I've ever felt towards West Ham, still got my away sT, still go everygame, will continue to for a long time I hope, having double the number of season tickets is half the issue most people are losing interest cos they despise going to the soulless bowl, if you're paying £500+ a year to sit in that ****hole you're gonna find it hard to motivate yourself to spend £100+ a time to go to away games.
Welsh Iron

Post by Welsh Iron »

Despite the result, the cold and the way we played, we had a good trip up to Manchester.

Had a few beers in Didsbury prior to the game and jumped on a tram to OT.

Kind of knew it was going to be a long night when we saw the teamsheet, so just decided to try and enjoy the game. No chance of that, though, what with our woeful defending and lack of effort all round. It was a Cup 1/4 final FFS and our Captain is left on the bench. What was that all about? Too many of them just going through the motions and when they took the lead we were beat. Twice in the 2nd half we were in attacking positions and the ball found it's way back to Adrian.

Payet didn't look interested either. The way he ambled off when subbed spoke volumes. He has obviously had enough of trying to drag the rest of them around and he'll be off in Jan. Who can blame him when he's surrounded by such dross?

I'm still laughing at Zaza's 'shot' but the way he rushed to swap shirts with Zlatan at the end was embarrassing for him, to say the least.

As usual, our fans were a credit to the Club. It's just a shame the Club don't acknowledge/appreciate it.

Burnley & Hull are both 'must win' games now, or we'll be deep in the relegation zone by Christmas. I'm writing off Le Arse and Liverpool games.
AntiHero

Post by AntiHero »

Oh and on the topic of away games. When you're younger, generally money is scarce. I don't even come close to being able to afford an away ST/travel etc. I'm as passionate as the next and I'm sure many others are, but, circumstances and all that
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

HighWycombeHammer wrote:
We may have double the season tickets but those extra people were still there and could of always gone away if they wanted. Still the same usual faces when you go away and most of them are 40+. Kids coming through are not as passionate as most of us were at that age and will fall away when we go through a bad patch.
I actually think our away supports age has gone down in the past few years...and are a fresh breath to all us old growlers

:)
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

I think it depends on the game. Norwich last season I felt young.
HighWycombeHammer

Post by HighWycombeHammer »

AntiHero wrote:Oh and on the topic of away games. When you're younger, generally money is scarce. I don't even come close to being able to afford an away ST/travel etc. I'm as passionate as the next and I'm sure many others are, but, circumstances and all that
Maybe passionate was the wrong word but I do find the youngsters have more than one piece of fun now (good luck to them) compared to when we were that age so they spread there money over a number of things.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

RichieRiv wrote:I think it depends on the game. Norwich last season I felt young.
Go back a couple of seasons and EVERY match you were young :wink:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Now that's what I call wisdom!

I have to admit though, it's the first time I'd ever noticed the age group of our away support. Maybe because Norj is an easy non London away day.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

RichieRiv wrote:Now that's what I call wisdom!

I have to admit though, it's the first time I'd ever noticed the age group of our away support. Maybe because Norj is an easy non London away day.
Or everyone wanted to have a light ale with a certain Norwich based fan :thup:
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Rays Rock wrote: Probably because he's one of he very few players that look like they actually give a **** this season and puts in a proper shift. Plenty of players have made very decent careers with a whole lot less than that.
That really shouldn't be beyond anyone

He has got his head on the end of a few crosses, other than that he is a liability and at times an embarrassment.

Out of his depth. A headless Marlon Harewood.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I'm another who thinks our away crew are getting a bit younger.

Games like Bournemouth, Bristol City etc and the official average age is 73. Bit of a closed shop of bond holders, away s/t, a few corporate and heavy pointers.

The more tickets, the younger the average.

If I ran this Club, the very first thing I'd do would be to run specials and encourage a Purge of the old guard.

I hated hearing them sing 'couldn't sell all your tickets' last night even although we took about 5,000 (is that right?), there were no trains home, it was midweek, we'd played there a few days before, it's the lesser cup, we're **** and the M6 is like playing Kerplunk. Those 2 empty blocks could've been filled had the Club helped.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Doc H Ball wrote:
I hated hearing them sing 'couldn't sell all your tickets' last night even although we took about 5,000 (is that right?), there were no trains home, it was midweek, we'd played there a few days before, it's the lesser cup, we're **** and the M6 is like playing Kerplunk. Those 2 empty blocks could've been filled had the Club helped.
£38 for STH, £46 for non STH. Also they could hardly chant that when you looked at the top upper corners and the empties up there.

One thing I will say about Tottenham and Chelsea is that they look after their away support travel wise with the subsidised specials they put on (along with Stoke, Swansea and Man City)
irongav
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by irongav »

Doc H Ball wrote:I'm another who thinks our away crew are getting a bit younger.

Games like Bournemouth, Bristol City etc and the official average age is 73. Bit of a closed shop of bond holders, away s/t, a few corporate and heavy pointers.

The more tickets, the younger the average.

If I ran this Club, the very first thing I'd do would be to run specials and encourage a Purge of the old guard.

make you right [albeit steward i was talking to said 4k] where are all the 55k fans on the waiting list, if i was desperate to see west ham and could not get a home ticket [home.....I mean running track] i would be all over looking for spares to these games? as for the club assisting fans............... :thdn:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

irongav wrote:...as for the club assisting fans............... :thdn:
Amongst all the talk about billion pound buyouts, £20m players, naming rights etc etc it's the SMALL things that grate on me most.

Taking minimum allocations, not running trains, heavy handed disrespect for our own, not originally backing ticket price reductions etc etc.

It would be relatively cheap for the owners to encourage away attendances but they see nothing in it for them, (despite the obvious advantages) and this shows them up for what they are more than anything else.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

To be fair, Antonios not bad at scoring so many headed goals for such a 'headless chicken'. Must be just really flukey..
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

the pink palermo wrote: Got flashed by a speed camera on the M1 mind you .
Was that you that set it off? Frightened the life out of me... as I was gently dozing at the wheel :D
- but I though it was on the other side?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

The song was "Ashley Fletcher, he's one of your own!" :lol: