West Ham Utd 1-5 Arsenal (03/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Re: West Ham United v Arsenal Match Thread

Post by Billydinho »

Randolph isn't good enough.

People just didn't like the adulation for Adrian so decided to champion the cause of a slightly better than average back up, proclaiming him to better than Spain's recent no. 3.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Billydinho wrote:Randolph isn't good enough.

People just didn't like the adulation for Adrian so decided to champion the cause of a slightly better than average back up, proclaiming him to better than Spain's recent no. 3.
Not a single cap for spain tho vs 18 caps for ROI and their current number 1
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

You can't compare Spain with the ROI!!!
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Winning a cap for Ireland is hardly on a par with winning a cap for Spain.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Ireland? Really? I'm probably coming in at number 5 in the pecking order due to an Irish great grandfather.

Randolph is not a great goalkeeper.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

I for 1 rate Fernandes very highly, we as fans need to show our youngsters/future more patience & belief, give the kid a chance ffs, your assessment of no skill, pace or touch is also very wrong imo Time will tell, but I hope you will offer him the chance to prove himself as a fan of WHU rather than knee jerking so quickly.

Doesn't help that he's being asked to play in unfamiliar positions from the get go & he's new to PL. I think he's a gem of a player & as with the rest of our promising youth hope we persevere with him.

He's already better than Noble imo & I was gutted he was subbed before him.

Oxford got the same bollox lack of faith after getting rolled by Lukaku, when I thought overall he had a good game that day. I think he made a bad decision to nick the ball, but trust he can learn from it & give him a chance to show he can. Banishing him from any action after that game was wrong & seeing others take his position on the pitch is frustrating for me. Who else could Lukaku roll if tight? erm possibly every CD in the PL imo.

Give the kids a chance, it could turn out the making of us for both the present & the future :scarfer:
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

RichieRiv wrote:Winning a cap for Ireland is hardly on a par with winning a cap for Spain.
indeed but no caps for spain even in a friendly against england pepe reina (a tried and tested keeper) was preferred

adrian isnt the answer to the goalkeeping situation

investment is

for now randolph will cover.. 5 games until hopefully we address all areas but I doubt it
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Of all the problems we have are you saying that replacing Adrian is a priority?
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

RichieRiv wrote:Of all the problems we have are you saying that replacing Adrian is a priority?
Call back burke to help out at CB

sign a right back

2x striker

goal keeper

that should solve a lot of the problems
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

miketheloop wrote:West Brom are sixth :?
They are in that group of clubs that are really well run. Along with Spurs. Id say probably Saints and Palace fit there too.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Given all the problems we have GK is less of a priority but it is something we need to look at at some point.
Dropping Adrian was the sign of a manager who is not quite sure what to do next. There was no need for it. Randolph is ok, but not great. Shouldn't be anywhere near our number 1
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2938 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Given all the problems we have GK is less of a priority but it is something we need to look at at some point.
Dropping Adrian was the sign of a manager who is not quite sure what to do next. There was no need for it. Randolph is ok, but not great. Shouldn't be anywhere near our number 1
Unless of course if his agent had been making noises about wanting a bumper pay deal next time around .

We know how Sullivan handled Rob Green when he wanted , what was it , £40k a week ?

Perhaps Sullivan has given Slaven an instruction to cold shoulder Adrian to manage his expectations .
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

I find it remarkable we have dropped a keeper called up by Spain 1 month ago.

2 players who could barely get a game are now 1st choices. It's a shocking state of affairs. The midfield is too lightweight without Kouyate, who has to play centre back because we have nobody else. It's a complete clusterfuck.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

Regarding Randolph...wasn't he a Sullivan special? I believe we signed him before we had even named a manager. I see him as a solid back up. He wasn't really at fault much yesterday but it's not good for a keeper's confidence when you start shipping goals.

What I find strange about our set up is that we seem chaotic at the back yet at we never commit anyone forward when we are attacking. There were examples yesterday when someone had the ball on the wing and there was only fletcher in the box.

I keep saying it but I wish he wouldn't play Payet and Lanzini together. Sometimes they combine and work really well but I feel like they are two luxury players and what we need is solidity.
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

jacko wrote:Regarding Randolph...wasn't he a Sullivan special? I believe we signed him before we had even named a manager. I see him as a solid back up. He wasn't really at fault much yesterday but it's not good for a keeper's confidence when you start shipping goals.

What I find strange about our set up is that we seem chaotic at the back yet at we never commit anyone forward when we are attacking. There were examples yesterday when someone had the ball on the wing and there was only fletcher in the box.

I keep saying it but I wish he wouldn't play Payet and Lanzini together. Sometimes they combine and work really well but I feel like they are two luxury players and what we need is solidity.
I think your right about his signing before bilic was confirmed

Not saying it would have been more goals with Adrain in but when Sanchez broke clear it would have been a pen with Adrian in goal... Randolph managed to not foul him but do enough to force him wider and allow a defender to cover

adrian would have cleared him out.. pen 1-0
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

carnage wrote:I find it remarkable we have dropped a keeper called up by Spain 1 month ago.

2 players who could barely get a game are now 1st choices. It's a shocking state of affairs. The midfield is too lightweight without Kouyate, who has to play centre back because we have nobody else. It's a complete clusterfuck.
Kouyate is not playing midfield because Bilic has been sticking with this rubbish five at the back formation

What is the matter with Kouyate anyway?
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

You're right. Adrien always looks like he is going to take someone down in that situation.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Arbeloa put in a pathetic performance too, sitting on the sidelines moaning at not playing then plays like that when he comes on. Of course everyone else was gash but he wound me up the most actually
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

jacko wrote:You're right. Adrien always looks like he is going to take someone down in that situation.
Was lucky to stay on the pitch against man united when he took out zlatan
E13whu

Post by E13whu »

1-5 hey, We could and should have been 4 nil down after 20 minutes. Thank good we weren't as i can only imagine how low our heads would have dropped. We were unlucky with ginge going off so early but never the less thats not a team playing together out on that pitch.
The players, manager and owners need to sort this out.
Big week in training coming up....I expect a much improved performance against the bin dippers otherwise I fear Bilic could be done. COYI