West Ham Utd 1-5 Arsenal (03/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: West Ham United v Arsenal Match Thread

Post by jaybs »

We are in one Big Mess! and have been since the start of the season, and it is not all the players or Slavs fault, it is down to the two owners and their Lady Brady, they have lost all control, promises never delivered and signings which where never good enough!

I felt for Slav yesterday, at least he was honest, something we never seem to get from the Top Three, we need to know the Truth what has happened to the players? what is the problem? there has to be one!

Only Fletcher seems to have an infectious enthusiasm, so many called for Adrian's head, but I felt in his last two matches at times Randolph has looked like a rabbit staring into the headlights of a car, he was lost completely at times.

How do we pick ourselves up for next week?
BenniBlanco

Post by BenniBlanco »

jacko wrote:
I keep saying it but I wish he wouldn't play Payet and Lanzini together. Sometimes they combine and work really well but I feel like they are two luxury players and what we need is solidity.
You can have them in the same team. Look at Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. We are not set up to accommodate them. We are not playing to their strengths. Bilic has not found the right formula
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Adrian's the better keeper but he's got a bit of a temperament and he'll do something rash like taking out Zlatan and running the risk of being sent off.

He was awful against Stoke, coming out and flapping at stuff when he just needed to stay on his line.

Far better shot stopper than Randolph though.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

hammers92 wrote:Arbeloa put in a pathetic performance too, sitting on the sidelines moaning at not playing then plays like that when he comes on. Of course everyone else was gash but he wound me up the most actually
Yes, I would love to know what his beef with Billic is. But to be fair to him he has probably played about 2 competitive matches in a year.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

jacko wrote:
I keep saying it but I wish he wouldn't play Payet and Lanzini together. Sometimes they combine and work really well but I feel like they are two luxury players and what we need is solidity.
Or why not play one of them as an out and out striker?
bunk
Total likes: 336 likes

Post by bunk »

I've got a lost season ticket card from block 112 / 113. If anyone is or knows James Coe, i'll happily drop it off in central London.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

Horrible result horrible performance. And the cock shouting out "Brady's a ****" during the minute silence is ironically the very thing he was calling Brady for doing that. Bad darts! Time and place for that!

Get Liverpool out the way and kick start our season.

COYI
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

The thing with Arbeloa, he looks like he knows what was he's doing, just doesn't have the legs anymore. Wish we'd signed him 10 years ago when he left Real Madrid for the first time.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

For a brief spell before they got their second we were looking ok and pressing well. I felt pretty confident that we would get an equaliser and possibly go on to win the game! Then I'm not quite sure what happened?!....
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

And another thing that needs to be mentioned is that the scoreline has made this seem a lot worse. If we'd only lost 2-1 then we'd probably hold our hands up and say "fair play, Alexis had a blinder and was the difference"
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

The biggest difference between the two teams I noticed yesterday, in terms of how they actually play the game, was how they turned defence into attack and vice versa.

When Arsenal stopped an attack they all moved forward, clearly knowing their jobs, and within two or three passes and a few seconds they're on the edge of our penalty area. When they were going forward it was with four, five or six players too, not our isolated target man. They're extremely well drilled and each individual has obvious trust in his team mates do be doing what they're supposed to be doing.

When we got the ball off them in defence it was a totally different story. The nearest analogy I can come up with is television pictures of a local community helping the police painstakingly searching a field for a scrap of evidence, slowly inching forward looking for a clue. Unless the plan is to stand still waiting for the ball to come to feet and then dither about what to do with it, we have no plan.

No urgency, no real plan of how to attack. Actually that may not be true. I can imagine Bilic deliberately not committing players forward because he knows they'll be needed back in defence in a moment or two. Sadly, this makes it more likely it will happen as the lone one or perhaps two up front will be seriously outnumbered and lose possession. Rinse and repeat.

Individually, nobody came out of that game with credit. I thought Reid and Lanzini were our best players in the first half but they both lost the plot in the second. The bloke next to me asked if Noble was colour blind, the number of times he played short simple passes straight to a yellow shirt. Fletcher is a prospect worth nurturing but one thing is obvious, he's too lightweight to be a lone target man. He get's knocked off the ball far too easily and just can't hold it up long enough in case one of the others thinks about ambling up the pitch to join him.

Arthur had a decent game taking everything into consideration although he got rolled very easily for their second (I think it was him, I was up the other end).

I don't think Arbeloa knows who was playing left wing for Arsenal, he never saw him.

Payet was obviously in Scott Parker mode, and yet again an opposing manager knows you just have to crowd him out with the ball and he'll eventually trip himself up.

The rest were in the 'meh' category. Not a good day at the office, and very loud booing at the final whistle should ensure the extra loud PA system is fired up as soon as the whistle moves towards the referee's mouth next time. There was a gap of three or four seconds yesterday. plenty long enough for TV to hear.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

bunk wrote:I've got a lost season ticket card from block 112 / 113. If anyone is or knows James Coe, i'll happily drop it off in central London.
If James is smart he'll keep his mouth shut.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

^^^^ drop it into the ticket office, he's not getting away that easily ;)
NottinghamTom

Post by NottinghamTom »

NottinghamTom wrote:Predictions for today:

Empty seats everywhere (seen more spares available for this game than ever, haven't been able to give ours away)
Start well 10 mins or so
Concede an impressively poor goal.
Fans get on players back
Concede a penalty
2-0 down at half time.

Carroll comes on.

We score around 55-65 mins giving us hope.
They make attacking changes
Score a quick third
75% of stadium leaves and booing
They score a 4th.
Finishes 4-1

Slav resigns post match.

Fully expect us to concede 10 goals over these 2 games
I weren't far wrong.
NottinghamTom

Post by NottinghamTom »

My 2 pence worth starts with us, the fans. Embarrassing, Saturday late game, London derby, not that I really care about Arsenal but still, empty seats everywhere again. 6 of us moved from east stand to BML so we could stand cos I'm sick to death of sitting down, zero atmosphere, toxic the moment we go 1-0 down people more bothered videoing and photographing stewards which I know are rubbish but let me get on with there tinpot job and get behind the team.

2nd half we were on top for 20 mins without really creating an out and out chance cos no one bloody shoots, then we concede on the counter and absolutely loads starts leaving. 20+ minutes to go and you're walking out? Embarrassing.

On Wednesday night I was left thinking the club don't deserve the support the fans give last night I was stood there after the game having a beer thinking half the "fans" in that soulless graveyard bowl don't deserve the club anyway.

Wonder how many of the 50,000 on the waiting list will fancy Rotherham in midweek next year. Can't stand the new breed of fan we've generated.

Oh well, we move on.

See you in the Arkles next Sunday.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Loads left early at Spurs & Man Utd.
Other clubs do the same.
It's just part of modern football and a sign that fans aren't happy with it.
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

NottinghamTom's point about the atmosphere is spot on. I can't shake the feeling that some fans actually love being negative towards the players or Bilic or...

The fact leaving early happens at other games or other clubs isn't an excuse imo.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Found it hard to actually care yesterday, i thought the performance was disgusting. Arsenal didn't even work hard at all yesterday, pretty much played in first gear and could have been 3 or 4 up at half time.

We never got going, lacklustre and lazy. I am convinced we are the laziest team in this league, no one moves or chases, there is no communication and the team are just disorganised .There is no leadership or a desire to help each other out. I think its more than a lack of confidence, i don't think some players wanted to be there. It was only the fact there were injuries otherwise every summer signing would be on the bench....
Its fair the manager is blamed in these circumstances but i think there is a much bigger picture to all this.

We are a laughing stock, I can take losing to Arsenal because they are an exceptional football team but the fans cannot be blamed yesterday for not being up for it. The board and the team have offered f*** all this season, absolutely nothing to hold on to or smile about...even our badge and kit is ****ing tragic, absolutely nothing to hold on to. We are at a real low :fsake:
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Super_Paolo wrote:I can see this is the elephant in the room and I can't skirt around it anymore...
Who do you want for the month of January on the 2017 OFFICIAL West Ham United calendar?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Something to put a smile on your face...

A Goon Slag talking about "Fans doing a fire drill" !!! Talk about Irony..

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can you imagine what would happen if Arsenal were 3-0 down at home !?

You also have to ask what sort of people hang around after winning 5-1 away from home to talk to Arsenal TV...

Whatever we are...we will never be like them, ever

Keep the faith :crest: