West Ham Utd 1-5 Arsenal (03/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

miketheloop

Re: West Ham United v Arsenal Match Thread

Post by miketheloop »

Wembley1966 wrote:
Brilliant :lol:
m-h

Post by m-h »

Romford wrote:
Keep the faith :crest:
Its being really tested though ain't it, backs to the wall tested. Its usually when we're at our best.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

ironsjh wrote:The thing with Arbeloa, he looks like he knows what was he's doing, just doesn't have the legs anymore. Wish we'd signed him 10 years ago when he left Real Madrid for the first time.
Also he has spent nearly all his career playing for very good football teams whereas now he is playing for a **** team.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Wembley1966 wrote:
:lol: Hope this goes viral out there in social media world
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Arbeloa was a top quality player, he is now past his best and hasn't played for weeks. You can hardly expect him to play a blinder in those circumstances. His worst is still better than much of the crud stealing a living here's best
Jinxed

Post by Jinxed »

Kialos wrote:Arbeloa was a top quality player, he is now past his best and hasn't played for weeks. You can hardly expect him to play a blinder in those circumstances. His worst is still better than much of the crud stealing a living here's best
He didn't want to play

He was ummming and rrrrring when called upon on Saturday
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

m-h wrote:
Its being really tested though ain't it, backs to the wall tested. Its usually when we're at our best.
I personally think it was far worse under the Dudley coward...but you are indeed right mate, stand up and be counted time.
m-h

Post by m-h »

Romford wrote:
I personally think it was far worse under the Dudley coward...but you are indeed right mate, stand up and be counted time.
Away from home maybe...do it at home and.. :)

Just joking, get what you saying. It is indeed and would like to think we will as we hae in the past.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Jinxed wrote:
He didn't want to play

He didn't look particularly interested on the pitch either.

If he ain't interested. Get rid. As soon as physically able.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

A total shambles all round......

We, the fans were a total embarrassment, especially the w***** who called out during the minutes silence. We cannot make excuses about the stadium...... We were s**t.

The team were an embarrassment....... Noble looked like he was playing in treacle. Payet can't seem to cross the ball anymore. It looks like he doesn't want to be here. I hope I'm wrong? Arbeloa!!!!! What the f*** is going on there? I could go right through the whole team. I wont bother......

Bilic...... I love the man, and like his honesty, but when a manager starts to question the commitment of his players during interviews you know that the writing is on the wall. Forget Liverpool, but if we don't get a result v Burnley, I think he will be gone.

I know they are only kids, but having our ball boys looking so happy with the other teams players after they have thrashed us is a f****** joke. Someone needs to have a word....
whupaul
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by whupaul »

Wembley1966 wrote:Image
Yeah thanks Wembley1966, was nice of you to cut out my logo and not reference my Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/WestHamRetweets/sta ... 4927026176
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

I thought Arbeloa was having a weird looking conversation just prior to him coming on, he looked as if he was saying No, but I thought it was just the panic of the situation , how can a player be so stupid as to behave this way? And how can we be putting up with it, what a disgusting situation to be in , in the richest league in the world , Amatuer and embarrassing.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I assume when a player refuses to play he also refuses his wage?

It would only be fair, right?
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Everything that was so great about last season has gone.

We played with passion, pace, desire, fight and a never say die approach.

We've lost every aspect of that. Whereas last year even a 2 goal deficit didn't mean doom was on the cards, this year just an attempt on goal from the opposition seems to bring about complete disarray.

Yesterday against a side who have set their stall out as a fast flowing potent threat we were on a hiding to nothing. All the elements that has given a glimmer of hope in recent weeks (yes despite 2 defeats and a draw I could see some elements that could lead me to think the corner was starting to be turned) were eradicated in the space of 5 minutes.

I fully expected a struggle this year with every game being in effect an away match, but the lack of application on the pitch, the sluggish and sloppy we operate, were yesterday heightened to the max.

The apathy on the field is being matched in the stands. This doesn't feel like it's a problem solvable by changes in personnel. There's a deep rooted poison infecting the who place from the top.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

61dicksey wrote:I thought Arbeloa was having a weird looking conversation just prior to him coming on, he looked as if he was saying No, but I thought it was just the panic of the situation , how can a player be so stupid as to behave this way? And how can we be putting up with it, what a disgusting situation to be in , in the richest league in the world , Amatuer and embarrassing.

If he doesn't want to play why the f*** did he come here for? :eh:
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

He should be with the development squad, not training with the first team and certainly nowhere near playing a game. People think Payet is playing with an attitude, yet we actually have someone who doesn't want to play and wasn't really scared to show it. Nightmare...
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

61dicksey wrote:I thought Arbeloa was having a weird looking conversation just prior to him coming on, he looked as if he was saying No, but I thought it was just the panic of the situation , how can a player be so stupid as to behave this way? And how can we be putting up with it, what a disgusting situation to be in , in the richest league in the world , Amatuer and embarrassing.
He came on to replace Collins to play as right of a back three. He was probably saying "you want me to play Center back?"

I didnt think he played well, but some of the "he cant run any more" comments have missed the point that on occasion he was holding his position in the 3 rather than go with a wide runner.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Jinxed wrote:He didn't want to play

TBH, they sound like a bunch of divas or supermodels who won't get out of bed for less than 10k.

Soppy bastards,
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

upton o'good wrote:I didnt think he played well, but some of the "he cant run any more" comments have missed the point that on occasion he was holding his position in the 3 rather than go with a wide runner.
it was more that he got done for pace whenever their winger felt like breaking into a brisk jog.