Liverpool 2-2 West Ham Utd (11/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

southendmadhammer wrote:It will come as no surprise to anyone but Redknapp Jnr made my blood boil before kick off talking about us.

Two gems:

"Last season when west ham came here, they were in great form" You mean coming off the back of two home league defeats to Leicester and Bournemouth, 3 games into the season?

"Payet's been underperforming" - having created the most chances in Europe?

How long would it take to research these points? 5 minutes? It's such laziness and frankly dogshite broadcasting.
Did he say we were 'literally' in great form and Payet has 'literally' been underperforming?

Amazing how many people forget we were down for a total hiding in most people's books when we went to Anfield last season and like you say, clearly hasn't checked his facts/stats before he's made his points.

He's naff.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

southendmadhammer wrote:"Payet's been underperforming" - having created the most chances in Europe?
chances created or not, you think he is not underperforming?
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

southendmadhammer wrote:It will come as no surprise to anyone but Redknapp Jnr made my blood boil before kick off talking about us.

Two gems:

"Last season when west ham came here, they were in great form" You mean coming off the back of two home league defeats to Leicester and Bournemouth, 3 games into the season?

"Payet's been underperforming" - having created the most chances in Europe?

How long would it take to research these points? 5 minutes? It's such laziness and frankly dogshite broadcasting.

I tune in just when it kicks off, turn over at half time and then again at full time, can't stand listening to Redknapp, how has he got that job, seriously? the way he goes on you would think he is presenting the show.

The only guy on there I can sit and listen too is Souness, he often puts young Redknapp in his place too.
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Bubbles & Squeaks 77 wrote: Did he say we were 'literally' in great form and Payet has 'literally' been underperforming?
Unless I'm hearing things, he did just this.
warp wrote: chances created or not, you think he is not underperforming?
You've answered your own question there. He is doing exactly what he is in the team to do.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ i didn't really answer anything, i don't even know what the criteria that make for "chance created" are.

i'm not happy with his contribution at the moment.
it has nothing to do with tracking back, but he seems to be out of his game. tricks not coming out, balls gifted to the opposition, corners not beating the first man, cheaply losing the ball in a counter that can win you a game at anfield.

like the whole team, he is underperforming.
hammerofthedogs
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by hammerofthedogs »

I was looking up at the new stand at Anfield yesterday and wondered how far from the pitch the back row is...

I'm guessing not as far as our gaff horizontally but suspect the view from the back would be a similar distance to the playing surface as the OS...
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

I'm sure we deserved a point but I'm not convinced our set up and performance was to any degree better than against Manure (I'll discount Arsenal because of the depleted team)

Passing and attacking strategy was poor throughout..rearguard action was superb, but I think avoiding the defeat was primarily due to poor finishing by the home team.

Not really encouraged by this "turnaround"
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

This chances created stat is a bit bogus is it not.

Winston Reid hoofed one over the top for Antonio to chase and he got on the end of it - is that a chance?

It's a very vague description.

One thing I will say though is that after his free-kick went in Dimi seemed a different player. Had a smile on his face again. I don't think it's just sulking, I think there's a confidence thing there too.
17 years of hurt
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by 17 years of hurt »

Great point for us yesterday and no more than our battling performance deserved. Not the best we played all season and Liverpool weren't on the top of their game but we dug in well. The fact that half the team were in a heap on floor at the final whistle showed how much they had put in. Hoping that didn't take too much out of them with a big game on weds.

Obiang and Reid outstanding. Randolph unfortunate and looked distraught at that mistake. That's gotta be it from him now regarding costly errors. He's still no.1 for me at the moment.

Nortveidt was ok in parts and absolutely shocking in others. At times he genuinely looked lost out there. I really hope we aren't relying on him for much longer.

Great away support again given the time and location and superb to hear such vocal support
Of Slav. Although our home games are no better, the Anfield atmosphere was awful despite the increase in capacity. Sadly it's a sign of the times with modern football.
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rasp »

Nothing has been said about Mane's pathetic attempt to punch Carroll in the chest whilst a bit of pushing was going on in the box before a corner was taken from Liverpool.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

I was so hoping Carroll would pat him on the head, Benny Hill style.
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

Up the Junction wrote:I was so hoping Carroll would pat him on the head, Benny Hill style.
Yes, quite funny the way Carroll just looked at him…"you sure mate?" though certain players would have gone down in "agony"
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Up the Junction wrote:I was so hoping Carroll would pat him on the head, Benny Hill style.
At Anfield? that's a sending off offence. :D
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1315 likes
Total likes: 765 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Did anyone think we were lucky not to give away two penalties. I did.

I loved the performance, but man do we need a few clean sheets.
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

Rasp wrote:Nothing has been said about Mane's pathetic attempt to punch Carroll in the chest whilst a bit of pushing was going on in the box before a corner was taken from Liverpool.
That was so funny anyone got a link
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Wor Andy should have gone into "You spilled my pint" mode.
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Wor Andy should have gone into "You spilled my pint" mode.
Wouldn't be a thimble full in it :D
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Although it was only a sly dig he should still get a retrospective ban imo. I don't think they should of had any penalties, both would of been soft although im surprised Clattencunt didn't blow for the Payet one, probably had last season in mind.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Was Karius actually at fault for either? The free kick was decent and deceptive whilst he wasn't to know that Matip would misjudge the flight of the ball so badly, the finish from Antonio was decent. 'keeper errors cost Liverpool three points' is total b*ll*cks, if anything it's Randys f*ck up that cost US three points. Journos eh, and Liverpool, I can't hold back, why don't they have a minutes silence, a minutes applause, a black armband catwalk session and a f*cking charity event for those affected by Liverpools failure to beat West Ham for the fifth game running despite three of those games taking place at the spiritual amazing place that is 'THIS IS ANFIELD', precious little club.

I'm sorry, I really just can't stand how all the focus is on them, we're the ones that are f****d!
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

I thought there was an element of deception on Payet's part to bluff their keeper, yes he should have got it but it was similar in the way Courtinho bluffed us in the cup. Yet that was considered class by the media. At the end of the day we scored so don't care what is said about it.