Swansea 1-4 West Ham Utd (26/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney farmer

Re: Swansea vs West Ham: match thread

Post by cockney farmer »

Pardew just been down the back of the sofa for the £6.40 to get across the bridge
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

cockney farmer wrote:Pardew just been down the back of the sofa for the £6.40 to get across the bridge

Pardew will rise again soon as Birmingham boss when in a month or two the Brum faithful call for Zola's head after their promissing start to the season sees them slide inexorably towards the other end of the table
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

cheerio BB - USA wins "zero-zero"
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 414 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Would not surprise me in the slightest to see Pardew turn up at Swansea now.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Would not surprise me in the slightest to see Pardew turn up at Swansea now.
Save them from relegation, take them to mid table next season, be lauded as a genius, then hit skid row the season after....and repeat.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

I think they'll go for the Rangers manager, Warburton or someone like that..
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Calling Avram, calling Avram..........
DoubleDave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by DoubleDave »

What are the odds on Gary Monk and Swansea City swapping divisions next season?
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

Roy Hodgson - Swansea Manager. Cant imagine the fun he will have pronouncing llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

They'll have trouble getting anyone. The squad is a bit rubbish, the new owners a bit clueless, their league position a bit hopeless. Any decent manager will see it as a road to oblivion.

Unless they're really lucky, they'll end up with some chancer who loves being on TV and is looking for a last payday. Like Tim Sherwood...
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Latest I have heard from some Jack friends is that It will be offered to Ryan Giggs, The feeling is they should have gone for him before, but were swayed by Bradleys intercontinental management experience
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

I wonder who'all get the job? I can't see them going for anyone untried so that would rule out by my reckoning Giggs and Gerrard (seen both linked). I think Roy Hodgson is a good shout but think Chris Coleman will go for it. I don't think his stock has ever been higher, this could be the right time to go and get back in club management for him.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

MorthwylMawr wrote:I wonder who'all get the job? I can't see them going for anyone untried so that would rule out by my reckoning Giggs and Gerrard (seen both linked). I think Roy Hodgson is a good shout but think Chris Coleman will go for it. I don't think his stock has ever been higher, this could be the right time to go and get back in club management for him.

Coleman is a really good shout but I think Zola's football management career will be finished for good in about 2 month's time, if not sooner. I still cannot help thinking what a truly shocking appointment that was for Brum. What on earth were the Birmingham board thinking in turning to him. He has been booted out of virtually every job he has had since leaving us , even a Sardinian second division outfit
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1208 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Latest I have heard from some Jack friends is that It will be offered to Ryan Giggs, The feeling is they should have gone for him before, but were swayed by Bradleys intercontinental management experience
Hmm..Ailing ,and crap,South wales side turn to Man U golden boy,with jackshit experience of managing a prem side,to rescue them...Rings a bell somewhere.

Seriously, anyone taking that job would surely only do it on the understanding ,on all sides,that they'll be in the Championship next season ? I think Rowett could be a good contender.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Ryan Giggs, The feeling is they should have gone for him before ......
Bradley was a daft left field appointment but if they think Giggs will do any better they are wrong. Giggs has done absolutely nothing to lead anyone to believe he's management material - a Shearer to Newcastle as boss type appointment.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

A good decision by Swansea to sack Bradley following a far worse one to ever appoint him initially .

Having said that I very much doubt whoever they appoint will keep them up .

Who in their playing staff gives a toss whether they stay up or go down ?
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1192 likes

Post by ironilunga »

the pink palermo wrote:Having said that I very much doubt whoever they appoint will keep them up
This is where the likes of Pulis and Allardyce are worth literally tens of millions to a club in Swansea's position. Those two would get Swansea out of trouble but I cant think of many more that could do so.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

To the above point, the players might not be motivated to keep Swansea in the Premier League.

But these players might be motivated to train with one of the greatest left wingers of all time and I'm sure Giggs has learnt a bit off SAF over the years to keep them interested for 6 months.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1192 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Lil Joe 17 wrote:To the above point, the players might not be motivated to keep Swansea in the Premier League.

But these players might be motivated to train with one of the greatest left wingers of all time and I'm sure Giggs has learnt a bit off SAF over the years to keep them interested for 6 months.
I am not sure how many multi million pound businesses would place their future in the hands of a complete rookie yet football clubs all too often do.

There is no doubting the experience that someone like Giggs has in football. However, top players failing in management is a well trodden path and a massive gamble at best. People like Hughes, Pulis, Bruce and Allardyce keep getting top jobs in football because they know what they are doing. Palace will survive this season because they got Sam in.Swansea probably would have done so had they got in Sam. If Swansea were serious about surviving this season then they would approach Pulis at West Brom and offer big big money contingent on survival. Given that relegation costs something daft like 70mil then it would totally be worth it. As it is I reckon they might go for Woy.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Couldn't see much of the game. Did Kouyate contribute much having been moved back to midfield?