Leicester City 1-0 West Ham Utd (31/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney farmer

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by cockney farmer »

Get ready for the "champions of England you'll never sing that" chants , a response of "we won the fu**ing World Cup" should do it.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Same line up as the last game for me, no need to change anything. Hopefully Carroll gives their centre halves a battering
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

thejackhammer wrote:Noble played a part in our opening goal and I'm fairly sure he played a part in two of the others as well, we should not be dropping him.

Saying that, Kouyate, Obiang and Noble, tricky choice.
Obiang has been our best midfielder this season. Been playing really well. Id say him and Kouyate are brilliant picks for this game and this isnt a dig at noble I just would see it as good management.

Rest Carroll and Noble for the next game and use Ayew on the wing with antonio Up top and kouyate in the middle.. these 2 are very soon to be off to the ACON where as carroll and noble are needed to be fighting fit.. so give them a wee rest
RayleighHammer23

Post by RayleighHammer23 »

It's out of Kouyate and Noble, Obiang is untouchable for me. Might as well play Kouyate seeing as he is off to Acon soon. Give Noble a rest, maybe tiredness is the reason he has been playing in slow motion.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

RayleighHammer23 wrote:It's out of Kouyate and Noble, Obiang is untouchable for me. Might as well play Kouyate seeing as he is off to Acon soon. Give Noble a rest, maybe tiredness is the reason he has been playing in slow motion.

Shhhh you can't say that on here, you will be accused of wanting to get rid of him. :wink:
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Not losing this game would continue the positive trend, and help us retain an aura of invincibility

:scarfer:
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Different proposition this game...they will be difficult to deal with coming forward through the midfield. As painful as it seems, I would replace Noble with Obiang. I fear Noble will get overrun...he isn't the player we want him to be quite so much this season.

We owe them after the robbery same fixture last campaign...and Everton made them look very ordinary last game.

Their confidence is low...ours have got their tails up...we will win this one :crest:
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

It never ceases to amaze me how people fail to get the role Mark Noble plays as the player who keeps things together for the club.I think it's an English thing - he would be much more appreciated in Spain or Italy - sure he gives the ball away from time to time and isn't that quick, but modern football needs players like Noble who keep intensity high and the ball ticking over and Bilic understands that. Remember how Curbs and many West Ham fans didn't rate Mascherano? Noble's not Masch by a long chalk, but he plays that role

We should keep the same starting line up as vs Swansea and hope our cretinously inept medical team can get a few fit for the bench. Let's not forget that Stijn Vandenbroucke and his team of clowns have got us playing matches with 10 - 15 first team players unavailable through "injury" every single match we play - on Boxing Day it was Oxford, Collins, Byram, Arbeloa, Masuaku, Lanzini, Sakho, Calleri, Tore and Zaza

Play on the front foot and we can take advantage of Leicester's declining confidence. We can win this one if Slav keeps the intensity high and makes the right selection choices

:scarfer:
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Same side as yesterday except Obiang in for Noble.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I fancy sometime ludicrous like a 2-5. I remember seeing a 4-2 to us around the same time of the year at their old Filbert Street ground in 1968. A wonderful game with some scintillating football and terrific goals, spills and thrills and goals just kept coming. Fabulous entertainment for all the family
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Run the boots off our lads playing in the AFCON!
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

thejackhammer wrote:Noble played a part in our opening goal and I'm fairly sure he played a part in two of the others as well, we should not be dropping him.

Saying that, Kouyate, Obiang and Noble, tricky choice.
Not tricky to me, Kouyate & Obiang all day long, I'm sure Noble played a part in their goal btw. Kouyate driving forward causes mayhem for opponents in the last third because he's a beast. Obiang can do whatever Nobes does, but quicker, more powerfully, & he recovers well. I'd also like to see Fernandes ahead of Noble in the pecking order, time to pick the best team we can..

.................................Randolph...............................
..Nordtveit............Reid...........Ogbonna.........Cresswell

...........................Kouyate..........Obiang..................

..Ayew........................Fernandes................... Payet........

....................................Antonio.......................................
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Noble is better than Kouyate in central midfield.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Jumby wrote:Noble is better than Kouyate in central midfield.
8-) That's a sad rating you have for Kouyate since Noble has been pants all season, he's lightweight, constantly chasing shadows, clogging up space for our more dynamic midfielders to use. Kouyate 7-8/10 Noble 5-6/10, I never thought Kouyate was the weak link when they looked lost earlier in the season. Obiang replaced Kouyate & got rave reviews, but Noble still played ***** & CM was overall still weak.

Makes sense after half the season to give Cheik a fair crack of the whip at CM with Obiang holding. Could turn out to be a masterstroke, not that a few blinkered diehards here will want to see it. Time to embrace a change for the better imho,which means Fernandes & Lanzini before Noble at CM.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

libero wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how people fail to get the role Mark Noble plays as the player who keeps things together for the club.I think it's an English thing - he would be much more appreciated in Spain or Italy -
Completely disagree. He would never get a game in Italy, Spain or Germany, he just doesn't have the movement or technical ability. It's only in the UK players like him can play regularly.

Agree with Obiang for Noble as a few have suggested.
steveherts66

Post by steveherts66 »

Stick Noble at RB and see how he does!
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1207 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Don't care who we play or where as long as we beat these lot.

Travelling up the Juve game,me and the 10 yr old had the misfortune to endure an hour or two in a carriage with a shower of their knuckle-draggers,men of 40+ apparently boasting of their ability to drink (which they clearly couldn't) while throwing food across the seats at each other.With their nice new scarves and other cheap merchandise,even the everyday travellers found them quite funny.Pity no one could decipher many of the weird grunting noises they were making,it might have been even more amusing.

Complete tossers.
harryhammer66

Post by harryhammer66 »

I think one of the main reasons as to why we have played the 3-4-3 formation a lot this season is so Bilic does not have the headache of leaving out either Kouyate, Noble or Obiang.

With our best win of the season coming in the 4-2-3-1 I think he has to carry on with this formation now and it will be interesting to see what he does. I would drop Noble as Kouyate is off soon and Obiang had a rest against Swansea, so he is fresh for United.

The 2 goals Leicester conceded against Everton were from balls over the top and pace in behind their sluggish centre backs. If we play Carroll it suits them having a battle. But if we keep pace on the wings and up top then we should look to soak up their pressure and do them on the break.

Baring in mind the games against Utd and City only a few days apart, and losing the AFCON boys, my team would be.

-------------------Randolph
Nordtveit -- Reid -- Ogbonna -- Cresswell
----------------Obiang -- Kouyate
--------Feghouli- Ayew - Payet
--------------------Antonio
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

harryhammer66 wrote:I think one of the main reasons as to why we have played the 3-4-3 formation a lot this season is so Bilic does not have the headache of leaving out either Kouyate, Noble or Obiang.

With our best win of the season coming in the 4-2-3-1 I think he has to carry on with this formation now and it will be interesting to see what he does. I would drop Noble as Kouyate is off soon and Obiang had a rest against Swansea, so he is fresh for United.

The 2 goals Leicester conceded against Everton were from balls over the top and pace in behind their sluggish centre backs. If we play Carroll it suits them having a battle. But if we keep pace on the wings and up top then we should look to soak up their pressure and do them on the break.

Baring in mind the games against Utd and City only a few days apart, and losing the AFCON boys, my team would be.

Nordtveit -- Reid -- Ogbonna -- Cresswell
----------------Obiang -- Kouyate
--------Feghouli- Ayew - Payet
--------------------Antonio
Perfect formation for this game and then when the lads leave for the ACON we can bring in fresh ready to play players.. (im hoping byram gets back to fitness aswell)

Nord/Byram ---Reid--Ogbonna---Cresswell

-----------------Obaing----Noble

-------Antonio------Lanzini-----Payet

----------------------Carroll

Perfect team to get some points whilst the boys are away.. just need to use this window to get in a couple of strikers and a right back .. see us through until the summer
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

----------------Randolph
Nordveit reid Ogbonna cresswell
------------Obiang kouyate
Antonio Lanzini payet
-----------------Ayew

If Lanzini not fit then bring in Fernandes or Feoghouli

Give Noble a rest so he is raring to go for Man U