Swansea 1-4 West Ham Utd (26/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hongkonghammer

Re: Swansea vs West Ham: match thread

Post by hongkonghammer »

Kouyate did well in the middle of the park but more importantly Nordveldt looked really solid at right back. I feared for him when Montero came on but even when he got isolated 1 v 1 with Montero he had him firmly in his pocket. He was solid and defended first, didn't give much going forward (though he did assist Antonio) but when we play a back four with Cresswell in the team i think it's better the right back is less attacking.

Fernandes looked good once again when he came on to. Looking like a best signing over the summer. Fegouli looked a threat but will struggle to get game time given Antonio's goalscoring. Overall shape looked good 4 2 3 1 and if we can keep Carroll fit I expect us to play that more often then not as he causes so many problems for centre halves.

Overall we looked decent and once we go the 2nd thought we really controlled the game well. Up to the that point it was nip and tuck.

Also kudos to Randolph how once again pulled of some good saves at key time. Well worth his place at the moment
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Not hearing too much about the Swansea way now are we ?
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

the pink palermo wrote:Not hearing too much about the Swansea way now are we ?
that club has overachieved and got lucky with a couple of decent bits of transfer business! they'll lose Sigurdsson soon enough and they wont be back in the top tier for a long time
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

the pink palermo wrote:Not hearing too much about the Swansea way now are we ?
The club has been sold down the river. The new clueless American owners brought in an American manager behind everyone's backs basically. He was totally out of his depth.
They've sold key players for big money and haven't replaced them.
Being a Swansea boy I'll be sorry to see them go down (and I get to see us 20mins down the road every year) but unless they get in a real firefighter type manager with Premiership experience it looks inevitable.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Status Kev wrote: The club has been sold down the river. The new clueless American owners brought in an American manager behind everyone's backs basically. He was totally out of his depth.
They've sold key players for big money and haven't replaced them.
Being a Swansea boy I'll be sorry to see them go down (and I get to see us 20mins down the road every year) but unless they get in a real firefighter type manager with Premiership experience it looks inevitable.
I agree they've been sold down the river Kev but I think that process started long before the Americans arrived .Their Chairman was clearly readying the club for sale , the speed with which he ejected Gary Monk was a sign of a change in behaviour .For me, that was the moment .
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

The opposition view (eventually....)

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=130628" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;