FAC3: West Ham Utd 0-5 Manchester City (06/01/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Romford
Big X

Re: West Ham United V Manchester City: Match Thread

Post by Romford »

btajim - mcfc wrote:
Friday killed it for many of us. I decided not to go, had a change of heart and then reneged again because of trains and post-Christmas / New Year spending. My branch is big but they didn't organise transport.

We'd have filled it had the kick off been sensible.
As you know well...you have plenty in London and South-East to have been able to sell out mate.

That we even had more in Romania than you lot the day before says a lot about support imho.

Sensible Kick off times....a thing of the past sadly.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Personally thought City were excellent considering Fernandinho was out. West Ham made it very easy for us too. No Noble or Payet until the result was a given?
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

Sad to see how the quality of your support has declined B (present company excepted obviously!). Too many condoning Zabaletta in particular and diving in general.

I'm afraid to say your lot are turning into another Liverpool.
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Romford wrote:As you know well...you have plenty in London and South-East to have been able to sell out mate.

That we even had more in Romania than you lot the day before says a lot about support imho.

Sensible Kick off times....a thing of the past sadly.
Surely we'd have to pick and choose our European trips? There's already been Bucharest, Monchengladbach, Celtic(!), Barcelona and now Monaco to organise. West Ham were never going to have that many.

9000 is a huge ask for Friday night. I wanted to go but one risky train back and no transport from my branch killed it. I was with London SC for years but membership was never hundreds strong. Perhaps fifty hardcore going everywhere and random faces.

Cast your mind back to the League Cup semis in 2013/14. West Ham's end was two thirds empty.
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Gnome wrote:Sad to see how the quality of your support has declined B (present company excepted obviously!). Too many condoning Zabaletta in particular and diving in general.

I'm afraid to say your lot are turning into another Liverpool.
Liverpool have never won the Premier League. Justice for the 39!

I may not renew next season. I'm starting to feel like I've done my time as the ground becomes too corporate. A further price hike might finish me.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

btajim - mcfc wrote:
Surely we'd have to pick and choose our European trips? There's already been Bucharest, Monchengladbach, Celtic(!), Barcelona and now Monaco to organise. West Ham were never going to have that many.

9000 is a huge ask for Friday night. I wanted to go but one risky train back and no transport from my branch killed it. I was with London SC for years but membership was never hundreds strong. Perhaps fifty hardcore going everywhere and random faces.

Cast your mind back to the League Cup semis in 2013/14. West Ham's end was two thirds empty.
Really ?

I thought we could do something in the Europa this season...and with your past in the Chumps i'd be surprised anyone was counting their chickens.

As Gnome said....just a quick butchers at "Blue Moon" shows that your fans thinking it was a "Nailed on pen" shows how far you've gown downhill sadly.

As for the League Cup...remember it very well. We got thrashed in the first game and had a coward in charge....hardly the same.

You know i have never really rated your teams support (although always deeply respected your own personally)...and i wasn't surprised you couldn't fill out our gaff ,first visit and all that.

On another note...had some drunk City fans in our boozer yesterday (first away fans to venture in) and they were sweet .
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

Thought we played o.k up until we got another **** call from a ref........ The refs cannot be blamed for how our heads always drop once we go a goal down though. It must be very alarming for Slav, and as much as I like the man, I can see the Palace game being make or break for him. Thought City looked class, but we made it way to easy.

We need a right back and a goalscorer asap. Although we are not creating chances for a goalscorer to put away anyway. A change in formation may be needed......

We wandered around to block 113-114 and was reminded of that time we got thrashed 5-0 at Everton many years ago. Lots of gallows humour and good support. The club needs to stop trying to cause trouble in this section and start trying to replicate the sprit they have into other parts of the stadium. The BML especially.........
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

If we'd pressed Stones (and the other defenders) more , he would have committed his usual howler. In Bilic's post match interview he mentioned we were naive by chasing them all over the park and leaving big gaps through and behind us for them to exploit. So exactly what were the tactics as I am confused? Were our team supposed to defend high up and close down space and force them to make long passes rather then play through us? Or were we supposed to have about 9 men behind the ball (AC up front) defending in our own half keeping the defence compact, then if we won the ball , to counter attack and cross to AC. Maybe the team were just as confused as I am about what Slav's tactics actually were.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Why did (and do) so many of our players look lazy, unfit and disinterested?

As for the penalty it was right below me and I thought at the time, "That's soft but he'll give it."
guineapig
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by guineapig »

At the risk of being bad mouthed by others, can I just ask if anyone is really surprised by last night? City probably paid more for one or two of their players than we spent on our entire squad. They pay silly wages which we cannot match (and few other clubs can to be fair). In almost every position they are superior to us, and so they should be as they are funded by petro dollars with a Chairman whose one aim is to buy success. It was disappointing but I really don't know what else to expect. The moment I saw the City team I knew that they were going for it and we would be swept away. It is difficult to know who else could have lived with them TBH.

I fully expect us to beat Palace
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Why did (and do) so many of our players look lazy, unfit and disinterested?

As for the penalty it was right below me and I thought at the time, "That's soft but he'll give it."
mentally they're shot , they were getting the runaround all night
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rasp »

Sorry off topic but anyone know why the station was closed last night.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Probably the worst team in the league for us to drop heads and drop any composure against. Arsenal are great at it too, but sometimes lack the bottle or the desire to kill teams (although they did it against us) but City love to play, are comfortable and want people charging at them like headless chickens. On top of that, they have winners in their side.

And David Silva plays better against us than he does anyone else. Think hes the best I've seen against us live, considering the amount of times hes done it.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

guineapig wrote:
I'd put money on us not....
Devs Hampton
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Devs Hampton »

guineapig wrote:At the risk of being bad mouthed by others, can I just ask if anyone is really surprised by last night? City probably paid more for one or two of their players than we spent on our entire squad.

Agreed, does not excuse absolutely no effort and commitment which arguably may have reduced it to maybe 2-0,

I don't
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

9000 :lol:

Talk about being up your own @rses

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threa ... ou.326219/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I reckon less than 5 personally
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

You also have to laugh about them going on about us leaving early...can you imagine if they were losing 4-0 at home :asleep:
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

I hate diving. Any look at my match reports will show I'm consistent - I had a pop at Antonio for the Hull one.

However, given their two bob defence of Zabaleta by their support I will laugh my socks off if they go out of Europe to a dive.

Hypocritical two-bob mob.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Left after the 4th yesterday - what a shocking evening. In fairness to the new gaff I would have felt the same if we went 4-0 down at Upton Park. Sat in Band 5 seats yesterday and felt a mile away from the pitch, not a view I want to have again personally.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1797 likes
Total likes: 1118 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

guineapig wrote:At the risk of being bad mouthed by others, can I just ask if anyone is really surprised by last night? City probably paid more for one or two of their players than we spent on our entire squad. They pay silly wages which we cannot match (and few other clubs can to be fair). In almost every position they are superior to us, and so they should be as they are funded by petro dollars with a Chairman whose one aim is to buy success. It was disappointing but I really don't know what else to expect. The moment I saw the City team I knew that they were going for it and we would be swept away. It is difficult to know who else could have lived with them TBH.

Correct! Give one manager £50m and the other £500m and see who builds a better team/squad :P The only surprise is it doesn't happen more often really, not even close to a level playing field.