FAC3: West Ham Utd 0-5 Manchester City (06/01/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

tonyy

Re: West Ham United V Manchester City: Match Thread

Post by tonyy »

I thought the Post had a terrible game last night. Didn't get involved at all. Still favourite for Hammer of the Year though. :scarfer:
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

could be worse. could've got beat 3-0 by a league one millwall like forum darling eddie howe.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

Beavis Danzig wrote:could be worse. could've got beat 3-0 by a league one millwall like forum darling eddie howe.

Shitty Bournmouth & Howe have let things go to their heads. Twelve changes Howe made. 12!!!!!

Glad they got stuffed, even if it was by M*******.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Beavis Danzig wrote:could be worse. could've got beat 3-0 by a league one millwall like forum darling eddie howe.
That's the beauty of the FA cup, going to a horrible place like the den and getting beat. Better than a complete utter embarrassing performance at home in front of 50k+ of your own fans.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

i'd feel more at home at the den than i do at the OS. players probably would aswell.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Beavis Danzig wrote:i'd feel more at home at the den than i do at the OS. players probably would aswell.
Have you been to the Den?
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Beavis Danzig wrote:i'd feel more at home at the den than i do at the OS. players probably would aswell.
What on earth?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I thinkits said slightly tongue in cheek with a hint of truth with it being more of a football ground than our current ****hole.
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Absolutely loved the footage of spider-man getting on th pitch last night, wonder what the charge will be from the club
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Probably been covered elsewhere but how the tuck did they decide it needed ten stewards from all over the ground to get the bloke who run on the pitch? Surely the standard was set by the response to the ManU tosspot?

Second whinge. What on earth was the detour around E15 about on the way to the game. I honestly believe the authorities around the site are determined to make it as unpleasant an experience as possible (if they read this they will possibly have realised that WHU are doing that with no outside assistance).
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Colours never run wrote:I thinkits said slightly tongue in cheek with a hint of truth with it being more of a football ground than our current ****hole.
That's how I took that as well
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

simonirons wrote:Absolutely loved the footage of spider-man getting on th pitch last night, wonder what the charge will be from the club

Threatened with a lifetime of season tickets there.
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 260 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

simonirons wrote:Absolutely loved the footage of spider-man getting on th pitch last night, wonder what the charge will be from the club
Banned for life for diving.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Probably got duffel up by the stewards, named and shamed on twitter by Brady

Forced to sit in the back row behind the goal for the next 98.5yrs with no binoculars
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

He will be banned from the web :D
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

To be honest, myself, Eggs Jnr. 1 and Eggs Jnr. 2 were a bit peeved having to pay to watch Man. City train on our pitch last night against what seemed to be a makeshift West Ham. I can't wait for the game to start.............

Oh, that was it? Well that was all a bit embarrassing wasn't it. I don't think I can add anything more or different to what's already been said on the previous 40 odd pages.

Well played to block 113; Did put a smile on my face, as did the lump of a steward running across the pitch after Spiderman with his clipboard in his hand, dropping sheets of A4 in the penalty area!
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

costa75 wrote: We wandered around to block 113-114 and was reminded of that time we got thrashed 5-0 at Everton many years ago. Lots of gallows humour and good support. The club needs to stop trying to cause trouble in this section and start trying to replicate the sprit they have into other parts of the stadium. The BML especially.........
This 100% why didnt the board find the most acoustic blocks & allocate them to our great singing fans. Could've easily added the option before actual allocation. The Fan's are so important, can become 12th man, making the bowl feel like home. respect block 130, 112-14 & I hope the're acknowledged.

On the field we lack leaders 7 AC is too slow to start as a 1 upfront, in that formation we need pace uptop.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Just looked at the semi final team of 2006 and we had 7 English , two Welsh , One Israeli and one Trinidadian and arguably inferior team than our current players one.How things change .3 English and an assortment of other nationalities.
Team ethic is what is missing I swear .
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Still have my girlfriends dads gloating to contend with, at least her mum likes the Hammers :lol: