West Ham Utd 0-4 Man City (01/02/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Man City: match thread

Post by Mega Ron »

btajim - mcfc wrote:
The same player who could've gone down against Spurs yet didn't? You lost 4-0 midweek yet are trying to shift the blame on to Raheem Stirling? Words fail me.
He's certainly learnt his lesson from that though hasn't he.

It was a penalty but you could see when he dived, because that's what he did, that he had thought that he won't get his penalty otherwise.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

-DL- wrote:Absolutely shameful. I'm not going to give Man City praise for last night. It was down to how extremely **** we were, not how good they were. What makes it more galling, is it was the second time in a month that our players and manager have given up and been scared and bottle jobs against this mob. Nothing, not a thing was learned from the previous game.
Nonsense. City's forward three of Stirling, Sane and Jesus were immense and are only going to get better considering how young they all are. We got it spot on and simply punished every single mistake you made.

I was thinking about whether I should reply to this given your vicious outbursts before.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

I so wish I knew the magic behind Man City's wonderful project.

Sorry that's it. Spend more money than anyone else on every aspect of the game.
Oldammer

Post by Oldammer »

Jim's true colours are finally coming out.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

theyve bought their success like Chelsea have.

Sadly Jim has gone from being a decent away fan poster on here and turned in to a smug prick :thdn:
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

Harsh I think.

It would be hard not to get carried away by things.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Phil S wrote:theyve bought their success like Chelsea have.

Sadly Jim has gone from being a decent away fan poster on here and turned in to a smug prick :thdn:
A slightly over the top reaction and a bitter comment.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

no bitterness here

I've just noticed his posts over the last year or so

I say as I see
Oldammer

Post by Oldammer »

So Jim's comments are not somewhat patronising?
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

btajim - mcfc wrote:
Nonsense. City's forward three of Stirling, Sane and Jesus were immense and are only going to get better considering how young they all are. We got it spot on and simply punished every single mistake you made.

I was thinking about whether I should reply to this given your vicious outbursts before.
Enjoyed reading your posts for years Jim so trying to put a balanced response out of respect.

I thought Man City were very good going forward, tonnes of movement, at pace and there were plenty of options every time you had the ball.

However I agree with DL that we were inept - Yaya toure seemingly had a force field around him as no-one even tried to go near (he may well have been so good to make the space if they did but they literally didn't try). Some of our players pressed and some didn't meaning you just passed around a lack of team approach. Finally we gave you the ball in our half. Repeatedly.

The way you played we would have lost had we even played well. We didn't - there was no consistent structure and tactic.

With regard to be front three - Sane and Jesus were class in what they did. I personally felt Sterling did some good stuff but resorted to some cheap behaviours like walking back as slowly as possible for the restart after each goal (ref practically dragged him back to the man city half) and whinging at multiple decisions.

I wish you well for the rest of the season - on the plus side it's the best man city side I've seen going forward. I would however say the were more tactical trips, whinging at the ref than I've seen from a man city side before.

Final point. My personal view is that when a player goes down injured play should continue unless (1) it's a head injury or (2) the referee stops play as he or his linesman have seen something serious. Sterling stayed down twice with man city calling for the ball to go out of play followed by up and sprinting a minute or two later.

To end on a positive note - Jesus and Sane were class and I would love us to have players half that electric
JLCABA
Has liked: 202 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by JLCABA »

Sterling is a little :thdn: FACT

I always ( used to think ) Jim was a top poster ...I also like Dances with Wolves ( irrelevant comment nonetheless )

Has it been discussed why Jesus wasn't sent off ?

His cynical trip on Noble is a definite booking the kind Dean , Clattenburg ,Atkinson and Mason love

That said ..City's pace absolutely tore us to shreds
since86

Post by since86 »

As much as I despise Chelsea, every single successful club in every league has spent their way to the top. How do you think we would make it? With a team of 11 Academy graduates?!

To hate a team's success because they 'bought it' seems to me to be a bit odd, given we're banging on about the need to buy better quality players, which hey, cost shed loads of cash.

We got beat by the better team Wednesday night, sometimes you just have to accept that. We were s***, they punished us. Simple.

But yeah, Sterling is a diver.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

btajim - mcfc wrote:
The same player who could've gone down against Spurs yet didn't? You lost 4-0 midweek yet are trying to shift the blame on to Raheem Stirling? Words fail me.
Two different incidents, are you genuinely claiming that Sterling did not dive against West Ham and roll around holding his face when there was no contact with that part of his body? If you are I'm afraid you are a liar.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

HoppyHammer wrote:We are better than bottom six but we do not have a manager with any tactical nous. We need someone better. Really like Slav but he is out of depth against any team out of bottom half.
:lol: Last season says "hi"
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

It's funny but last season I thought we looked crap against anyone in the bottom 6. We performed best against the top sides. Things seemed to have reversed this season.
LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers »

Wow. Just read the last page. So much bitterness. I hope it doesn't put jim off posting here in future. I guess he's been 'in' forums long enough to know that a defeat brings out the worst in posters, and been here long enough to know that bringing the worst out of KUMB's 'special' posters is only going to get him abuse.

Nice work lads. :thdn:
LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers »

Burnley Hammer wrote:It's funny but last season I thought we looked crap against anyone in the bottom 6. We performed best against the top sides. Things seemed to have reversed this season.
I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but last season the fans were in party mood for the final season at the BG. The atmosphere was great every week. I could have told you that this season was going to be ****. If we were still at the BG it would be no different. A good season is always followed by a bad season. Our fanbase doesn't have the mentality to support the team through bad times. That's modern day fans for you.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Jim, I've always looked forward to your posts, especially when we play you.
From my point of view I'm too long in the tooth to blame referee's, other team's players the size of our meat pies, the moon being out of alignment, Citeh are on a different planet to us and thoroughly deserved
to thrash us with the performance both teams put in, however if you don't think that Sterling is right up there with Vardy in the Tom Daly league then you are deluded :lol:
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Oldammer wrote:So Jim's comments are not somewhat patronising?
He may be showing a bias towards the team he supports and their players. Who doesn't. He maybe pleased at how his team performed. Who wouldn't be. I strongly suspect that, had we beaten City, he may have been on the receiving end of a few smug or patronising comments himself.

Jim has his sky blue tinted specs on.
Most on here wear their claret and blue tinted specs.
What's the difference?
LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers »

I've not seen anything patronising from jim. There are many on here who think we lost that match because we were ****. We actually lost that match because Man City were immense. If someone cannot see that then I'm afraid it's difficult to talk to them without leaving them feeling patronised. It's their issue, not jim's.