Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by Billydinho »

Weak for the first goal and bullied for the 2nd.

As I've said all along, he's a very good back up but never a number one.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Adam 'The Smudge' wrote:I think if David Seaman had played behind a West Ham defence his entire career he'd have done well for an International call up.
We've never had a top notch back line in the 40 years I can remember so our goalies will be exposed more than the top sides.
Adrians temperament for me is not as good as Randolph who looks very composed.

You're quite right we haven't and a huge reason for that is, we had a whole succession of managers, from Ron Greenwood and John Lyall through to Gianfranco Zola and I am tempted to say, even Slav himself, who completely neglected that part of the game. Many have pinned the blame on WBA' opening goal yesterday on Novel's poor misplaced pass to Fegoughli and Brunt's clumsy challenge on him, but I don't think a word has been said of Kouyates nothing challenge on their player in allowing him.to run free of him. Basic defending is all that would have prevented that goal. But what can you expect when we don't have a defensive coach on the set up?
the bubble hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by the bubble hammer »

Puff Daddy wrote:but I don't think a word has been said of Kouyates nothing challenge on their player in allowing him.to run free of him. Basic defending is all that would have prevented that goal.
literally opened his legs wider than Fearne Cotton's nostrils
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Puff Daddy wrote:

But what can you expect when we don't have a defensive coach on the set up?
Spot on Puff. Just said the same in "weekends other fixtures" thread. I don't believe that Dicks does any defensive coaching as such. I mention Boro's defence and the fact they don't concede many. Maybe we should be looking at either their defenders or their defensive coaches.

Although Hart is IMO overrated, his or someone of his ilk's sheer presence would be worth around 6-10 points a season. If you've no faith that your keeper is going to own his area, you're more likely to make rash clearances as you don't believe the keeper will claim. One thing about Hart is that he never gets bullied. I think Chris Woods would achieve more coaching him than trying to instill some cahonas into our 2.

We've got him as GK coach, maybe we need a proper defensive coach too.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

A few months ago Adrian was making too many mistakes and Randolph was by far a better keeper. Now Randolph has made a mistake and Adrian is the better keeper :lol:

I think Randolph has been pretty good to be honest, i would say hes a better all round keeper than Adrian but there isn't a lot in it. They are both decent keepers in my opinion and i don't have issue with either being our number 1, but i accept there are better keepers out there, if its an area we wish to strengthen next season. But all in all we have two decent Premiership level keepers and are better off in this area then quite a few other sides.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Adrian is and always has been a better keeper

He started making mistakes early in the season which got him dropped

Although in fairness at the time many players were making as many mistakes but as a keeper it gets noticed more, I mean Cresswell has probably cost us as many goals as Adrian did but it's easier to drop a keeper.

Prior to these mistakes I'd of never dreamed of Randolph ever taking the number 1 spot as always just thought of him as a good number two.

Also without a takeover I would have expected Adrian to remain our number one for a few more years, perfectly good keeper for where we are at present.

Randolph has made mistakes, but despite the odd worldie his general play is poor. He is one of the slowest keepers I've seen, just doesn't move I.e. the first yesterday he should have charged down and he doesn't come for crosses you would usually expect the keeper to get a fist to like the second goal yesterday.

Watching Schemichael earlier there were a couple of occasions he came out of his area to meet the ball and clear it... both times I just thought with Randolph the opposition would have got an attack in as he would be rooted to his line.

Adrian's mistakes came at a time the whole team were playing poor, they have improved now and it's time for him to be given another chance.... the Adrian of last season is a much better option than Randolph
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Definitely Adrian is the better keeper,never liked Randolf, change now
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Aidy is the best Hammers keeper in my living memory, better than Ludo, better than Green, better than Shaka, even better than Bernie baby, James pushes him very close though, another criminally underrated keeper who, like Adrian, came for more than most which means that he's likely to make more mistakes than most despite saving his side when others wouldn't have on a high number of occasions too.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Jumby wrote:Aidy is the best Hammers keeper in my living memory, better than Ludo .................
:D
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Jumby wrote:Aidy is the best Hammers keeper in my living memory, better than Ludo, better than Green, better than Shaka, even better than Bernie baby, James pushes him very close though, another criminally underrated keeper who, like Adrian, came for more than most which means that he's likely to make more mistakes than most despite saving his side when others wouldn't have on a high number of occasions too.
best goalkeeper we've had since probably Ludo is Green... hands down. Adrian isn't great at all neither is Randolph.

James was not underrated and didn't have the nickname 'Calamity' for no reason.

Green's performance against Arsenal (great escape season) is the greatest bit of goalkeeping I've ever seen from a West Ham keeper. He was a great shot stopper he had his flaws of course but when the other team had a penalty I always confident Greeno would be there or there abouts with it.

Adrian is a great character and can be solid at times but then he does something ridiculous and stupid, the game in the cup against City people were blaming Nordveit for one of the goals... nah it was Adrian... awful.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Aidy and Greeno have similar penalty records.

It's all a matter of opinion but Adrian has really stood out for me, until this season I thought he easily our best keeper of the last 25 years, I still do but a few mistakes at a time when the team was an absolute mess and we had a lot of crap going on off the field and it feels like he was been made a scapegoat, Randy has not been any better.

David James is underrated purely because when people mention his name they associate him first and foremost with mistakes when he didn't make that many considering the length of his career. There was a stat from the 2001/02 season that showed that James came for 86% more crosses than any other keeper in the league, that is an incredible amount, imagine being his defence and knowing that he was willing to come for anything, he certainly wouldn't have needed the occasional bollocking from Lucas Neill. Of course you're always likely to make more mistakes if you play in such a way but for me he was an absolutely brilliant goalkeeper and far better than many will tell you.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Green has a 25.7% penalty save record in the premier league I'm pretty sure Adrian's isn't near that.

But of course I could be wrong!
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Due to some horrendous refereeing Aidy has faced a lot more penalties than most but he has saved a fair few whilst also doing his bit to put takers off and force a mistake, something we shouldn't forget.

Just found this from nearly a year ago, back when everyone seemed to love our Spanish stopper

http://foreverwestham.com/2016/03/west- ... ison-park/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's a great keeper that had a blip when the team and club were having a massive one, he's also our best keeper and long term we'd be better with him between the sticks as long as the 10 in front of him know what they're doing, that for me is his biggest problem, because when they don't he gets a rush of blood to the head to try and solve things himself.

Adrian is also arguably the best keeper I've ever seen in one on one situations, he is ridiculously good at getting the better of whoever he is facing.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Time for adrian to come back in. He played when the defence were all over the place. Its a bit better now but we still have right back problems. Kouyate got done for the first which went through Randy`s legs.
Second goal collins got done and randy was on the floor.

Give adrian another go. Then decide in the summer . Adrian for me.
ihateroeder
Has liked: 32 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by ihateroeder »

Get him back in asap!
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Time for a recall i think.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

The Gibbins wrote:But all in all we have two decent Premiership level keepers and are better off in this area then quite a few other sides.
Actually, I think that put us at a disadvantage. We've got two decent keepers, but neither are good enough for a top ten side. It's a kind of, neither are crap enough to flog, but neither are that good either, problem. It creates a sort of state of paralysis.

I'd rather have one top keeper, and one immobile slob on the bench.

I've probably missed something, but what has gone on with Adrian? Was he just never that good or has something happened? He was awful earlier in the season and I don't recall him being that bad before :eh:
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Aceface wrote:Two absolute classics of the already well-established Randolph 'not 100% sure but probably should have done better there, right?' genre.
had to double check the date this was posted.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

time for a recall. He is the better of the two and Randolph is making mistakes most games now. Time for him to be dropped .
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Randolph has "had his go". Time for Ade to return.