✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ifebbubbles

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by Ifebbubbles »

coyi27 wrote:Payet's leaves on the 30th January, some posters moan we didn't reinvest the money within 24 hours. Great logic.
We had already spent the bulk of the Payet money by the time he left
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

coyi27 wrote:Payet's leaves on the 30th January, some posters moan we didn't reinvest the money within 24 hours. Great logic.
He was sold before then if you ask me, it was just announced then.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

HOTY with Winston as close runner up
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

MadMart wrote:HOTY with Winston as close runner up
Love Antonio but it's Obiang for me. He's the one who completely turned our season around.
wigwig

Post by wigwig »

hadleighhammer wrote: Payet has been forgotten quite quickly.

Made a profit, did not fully reinvest the fee, and they got to blame the player and the manager for having to sell him. The perfect scenario for G&S&B.
The vast Payet conspiracy? He asked to leave dude, then we sold him. Different to pimping out yer best players to the highest bidder.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

They have the 25m from payet which they did not have time to spend and I am glad they didnt spend it on a 34/35 year old striker or one with serious knee issues and unproven in the premier league.

Add the 25m to the usual spending of around 20 - 30m in a summer equals 55m approx

selling valencia 5m,nordshite 5m, ginge 1m,a nd getting rid of ardebola,tore,callerei will give us a bit more and free up wages .

total summer budget could be 65m. Now its unlikely they will spend that but they just might as there will be 66000 seats to fill.

so a RB -15m , CB - 10m, CAM - 25m, striker 25m could be done.

They may even go mad and decide lets go for it before I die and buy a new GK - Hart 15m
Patito

Post by Patito »

hammerman11 wrote:ardebola,
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

hammerman11 wrote: total summer budget could be 65m.
It will be closer to 6.5m I'd have thought.

Only way we will compete with other teams in the PL investment wise will be with different owners
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

I think Obiang is up there too.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Post by Ozza »

hammerman11 wrote:
total summer budget could be 65m.
It could be, it probably should be, but it won't be.
Kev59
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

The shocking thing is, £65m is only good for 3 or at most 4 top quality players in today's market. We'll probably need (not just want), a RB, a LB, a GK and two Strikers. Chances are, the only upgrade will be on the RB.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Obiang or Reid for me. Even when we play sh*t you can almost always rely on those two

Antonio has done great though everything considered
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Kev59 wrote:The shocking thing is, £65m is only good for 3 or at most 4 top quality players in today's market. We'll probably need (not just want), a RB, a LB, a GK and two Strikers. Chances are, the only upgrade will be on the RB.
With all due respect to Sam Byram, I'd quite like to see us do an open-top bus parade around London if we sign a quality, experienced, non-injury-prone RB at a reasonable age who can slot straight into the first team this summer. :scarfer:
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

hammerman11 wrote:They have the 25m from payet which they did not have time to spend and I am glad they didnt spend it on a 34/35 year old striker or one with serious knee issues and unproven in the premier league.

Add the 25m to the usual spending of around 20 - 30m in a summer equals 55m approx

selling valencia 5m,nordshite 5m, ginge 1m,a nd getting rid of ardebola,tore,callerei will give us a bit more and free up wages .

total summer budget could be 65m. Now its unlikely they will spend that but they just might as there will be 66000 seats to fill.

so a RB -15m , CB - 10m, CAM - 25m, striker 25m could be done.

They may even go mad and decide lets go for it before I die and buy a new GK - Hart 15m
i don't think there is the £25m Payet money to add to what ever pot we have in the summer. We spent £18-19m on Snodgrass and Fonte, money which came from selling Payet.

I think we only bought S&F because we knew, deep down, that Payet would go. I have a feeling if Payet hadn't of been sold then we wouldn't have bought anyone in.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

kenthammer1984 wrote:
i don't think there is the £25m Payet money to add to what ever pot we have in the summer. We spent £18-19m on Snodgrass and Fonte, money which came from selling Payet.

Eh? I thought that came from the £20m we saved from the Zaza deal? :eh:

Didn't Jack Sullivan tweet something along the lines that Bilic decided to save the Payet money until summer rather than spend it on Hogan & an RB in January?
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

you guys know that "the payet money" is most probably 8 million now, 5 million next year, etc., and that will go directly to swansea as it is a similar structure of the ayew deal, right?

(massively off topic, aren't we?)
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Jesus christ why are we still banging on about the zaza money. It was never there in the first place. We didn't save what we wasnt going to spend. Payet money went on Fonte and snodders with 6 million going in the owners pocket.
Feel free to flag this up in the summer but there will be no need FACT
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

chalks wrote:It will be closer to 6.5m I'd have thought.

Only way we will compete with other teams in the PL investment wise will be with different owners
Which teams are you looking for us to better compete with in terms of investment?
ballantine
Has liked: 1254 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Post by ballantine »

Antonio's probably worth about £20M. I don't think we'll want to sell him. For all their flaws, that's not how they make their money. They have other ways to bleed the club. I think it'll go down something like this:

BILIC: Ok. If we are to stay competative, we desperately need a RB, a striker and a goalie. At the very least.

DAVES: For RB, we've already given you a £20M - maybe £30M! - Englishman, a Word Cup Winner and a Future English Superstar. If you're STILL not happy and want to throw a big chunk of the glorious £15 MILLION transfer budget on even more RBs, that's on you. But we'll let the world know that's why Bacca isn't coming in.

BILIC: But... but... well, i really do need an RB.

DS: Splendid. You can buy one then. And I have found this very exciting Peruvian striker for you. He'll fit perfectly into the remainding transfer kitty. If he's any good, I'll let the world know I found him. You're welcome.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

I think we were only forced into buying Fonte because of Obanna's injury and much-needed pending operation which was to put him out for the season. We simply couldn't risk being left short in the CB area and Fonte was the experienced option. At least we don't have to worry about the CB situation next season with other areas having to be addressed first of all. Or do we? :wink: