UFC

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bunk
Total likes: 336 likes

Re: UFC

Post by bunk »

I always wanted Robbie Lawler to fight McGregor if he planned to fight at 170 again, the guy is terrifying in the Octagon. Rumours of him having a rematch with Nick Diaz, which would be superb but ultimately unlikely.

durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

Just watched a clip of Bisping agreeing to face Woodley at a catch weight of 180 ! Whether the UFC actually sanctions this fight is another matter but they both shook on it,, what the f*** is going on with Bispings accent ?? he sounds like a proper helmet, your British FFS !!
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Aztec Hammer wrote:Rousey probably would have only had another fight or two in her anyway.
That seems to be what many thought, makes a mockery of 'Ultimate Fighting Championship' though, when one of the biggest names becomes a flake
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Thankfully, she was the anomaly. Because Dana clearly has a suspect relationship with her. We won't have to put up with her anymore.

There's some insane fights to be made from 135 right through to 185.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Woodley/Wonderboy 2 at UFC 209. Ferguson/Khabib could be confirmed soon as the co-main.

Very solid.
bunk

Post by bunk »

Aztec Hammer wrote:Woodley/Wonderboy 2 at UFC 209. Ferguson/Khabib could be confirmed soon as the co-main.

Very solid.
Just rewatched the Woodley / Wonderboy fight and a rematch is only fair, though how Thompson survived Round 4 let alone ending it dropping fists on Woodley I'll never know.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

The British UFC fighter Terry Etim apparently tried a Clarke Carlisle suicide attempt jumping in front of cars and buses in Liverpool.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

nickkarkie wrote:The British UFC fighter Terry Etim apparently tried a Clarke Carlisle suicide attempt jumping in front of cars and buses in Liverpool.
Sad news, that. Wonder if he was permanently affected when he ate that wheel kick. Hope he finds the help he needs.
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

Was really looking forward to the Nurmagomedov v Ferguson fight but the Russian has pulled out as he hospitalised himself cutting weight even though he was still 6lbs out.
SxHammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 55 likes

Post by SxHammer »

nickkarkie wrote:Was really looking forward to the Nurmagomedov v Ferguson fight but the Russian has pulled out as he hospitalised himself cutting weight even though he was still 6lbs out.
Really disappointing.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

nickkarkie wrote:Was really looking forward to the Nurmagomedov v Ferguson fight but the Russian has pulled out as he hospitalised himself cutting weight even though he was still 6lbs out.
Highly annoying - had all the ingredients of a classic, that one.

Never mind, Bisping to fight GSP soon. Dana does like his freak fights, eh.
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

http://www.scrapdigest.com/michael-veno ... ren/14409/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sick b*stard
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Rory MacDonald vs Paul Daley in Bellator this weekend. I quite like what Bellator's been doing in building their brand & fighter stable. UFC remains the top dog, but the fighters are getting a pretty piss poor deal and a lot of their bigger names are liable to jump ship if Bellator keeps offering them better packages.

MacDonald's got more ways to win this than Daley, of course, but despite their ages, they're both high mileage fighters, and it really could go either way. Daley needs to get his timing just right, and hope that Rory will stand with him, but seems far more likely that this hits the mat, and MacDonald gets the sub or TKO.
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

DasNutNock wrote:Rory MacDonald vs Paul Daley in Bellator this weekend. I quite like what Bellator's been doing in building their brand & fighter stable. UFC remains the top dog, but the fighters are getting a pretty piss poor deal and a lot of their bigger names are liable to jump ship if Bellator keeps offering them better packages.

MacDonald's got more ways to win this than Daley, of course, but despite their ages, they're both high mileage fighters, and it really could go either way. Daley needs to get his timing just right, and hope that Rory will stand with him, but seems far more likely that this hits the mat, and MacDonald gets the sub or TKO.
You called it Dan, Rory 2nd round submission. Daley then went to attack Venom after the fight haha
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Fell asleep during the Kongo fight. What a ****ing awful snooze fest that was.
bunk

Post by bunk »

UFC 214 this weekend could be great. Main card:

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones
Tyron Woodley vs. Demian Maia
Cris Cyborg vs. Tonya Evinger
Robbie Lawler vs. Donald Cerrone
Jimi Manuwa vs. Volkan Oezdemir
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

bunk wrote:UFC 214 this weekend could be great. Main card:

Some potential fireworks there. Jones ought to win, but I'd prefer if DC did because he isn't a drugs cheat. Woodley is a great fighter, but whines a lot and has a victim mentality, plus Maia is the absolute sh*t, so I hope he pulls Tyron's arm off. Cyborg will win, thus confirming that drugs use is a good idea. Lawyer vs Cerrone ought to be spectacular and Lawler will be too big for Cowboy. Manuwa always a crapshoot, and I'm betting against him here.
bunk

Post by bunk »

DasNutNock wrote:Some potential fireworks there. Jones ought to win, but I'd prefer if DC did because he isn't a drugs cheat. Woodley is a great fighter, but whines a lot and has a victim mentality, plus Maia is the absolute sh*t, so I hope he pulls Tyron's arm off. Cyborg will win, thus confirming that drugs use is a good idea. Lawyer vs Cerrone ought to be spectacular and Lawler will be too big for Cowboy. Manuwa always a crapshoot, and I'm betting against him here.
Agree with pretty much all that. Jones is an absolute bell-end who I'd love to see lose, I just don't think it'll happen. Woodley is exciting when he starts throwing fists but his personality is rubbish, if Maia can take him to the floor then who knows.

I think Lawler could hurt Cowboy quite badly, when you consider how badly he hurt Rory McDonald (admittedly Lawler taking a battering himself in the process), who in turn barely had to make much effort in seeing off Nate Diaz - who beat Cerrone. It's a different league really. But Lawler hasn't fought for a while so you never really know.
NottingHammer6
Has liked: 1 like

Post by NottingHammer6 »

Will this be PPV or BT sport?
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

bunk wrote:UFC 214 this weekend could be great. Main card:

What a line up!

Can't wait.
Jon Jones: 'I'll deal with Brock Lesnar' after UFC 214 rematch with Daniel Cormier
Despite How you feel about both men, what a fight that would be.