Bournemouth 3-2 West Ham Utd (11/03/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Re: Bournemouth vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by 61dicksey »

DG on twitter reckons no it was a 6/10 performance ,ref 7/10 , away fans 10/10 desperate for those bums on seats next season.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Thing that stood out for me was the sub of Cheikhou Kouyate for Sam Byram now if Sam Byram gets the nod in the next game fair enough but if Slav reverts back to Cheikhou Kouyate that will take some understanding
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Two penalty misses away from another caning.
Boom Kid
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Boom Kid »

We are beginning to pay the price for Mr Sullivan not investing correctly in both windows. I don't understand how Brady gets a load of stick (and rightly so) and he gets away with it.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

You can't blame the board for that today, that was Billic and the players.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

First time a side has missed two penalties against us since Millwall? (Shootouts aside)
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

How many 90th minute goals is it we have conceded now this season ? It certainly seems like it is more than any other team in the Premier League and it might even be more than any team in all 4 divisions
snooperpooper
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by snooperpooper »

But we're just not that good and we either accept that and the mediocrity it will bring or we hope for a better future and that means changes.

For me the leadership of the club is weak both off and on the pitch and that includes Bilic. Poor selections, poor formations, poor tactics and a hang dog face and public facing attitude that requires a slap on the way out.

Time for a change, I'll take Ranieri or Mancini!
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Puff Daddy wrote:How many 90th minute goals is it we have conceded now this season ? It certainly seems like it is more than any other team in the Premier League and it might even be more than any team in all 4 divisions
It's fun to make up stats.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

snooperpooper wrote:But we're just not that good and we either accept that and the mediocrity it will bring or we hope for a better future and that means changes.

For me the leadership of the club is weak both off and on the pitch and that includes Bilic. Poor selections, poor formations, poor tactics and a hang dog face and public facing attitude that requires a slap on the way out.

Love the slap on the way out :lol:
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 772 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

We've conceded 21 in the last 10, 39 in the last 20 and 57 in the last 30. Last season was similarly leaky.

You can't concede close to 2 a game consistently over that period and expect to be high up the table.
Boom Kid

Post by Boom Kid »

You can't blame the board for that today, that was Billic and the players.[/quote]

The players are the team! Please forgive me mate I forgot how many decent players the board signed in both windows.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Boom Kid wrote:
The players are the team! Please forgive me mate I forgot how many decent players the board signed in both windows.
That team today and the bench were reasonably strong, easily enough to get at least a point, it was the boss players square pegs in round holes and the players under performing.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

61dicksey wrote:DG on twitter reckons no it was a 6/10 performance ,ref 7/10 , away fans 10/10 desperate for those bums on seats next season.

He has Dementia. 4-5 at best.
Carroll, Cresswell, Feghouli, Noble were utter *****.
Boom Kid

Post by Boom Kid »

[quote="Puff Daddy"][quote="snooperpooper"]But we're just not that good and we either accept that and the mediocrity it will bring or we hope for a better future and that means changes.

Nice one Puff - what about offering him a way out and do ourselves a favour - Arsene Wenger - yes please.
Boom Kid

Post by Boom Kid »

That team today and the bench were reasonably strong, easily enough to get at least a point, it was the boss players square pegs in round holes and the players under performing.[/quote]

I do take your point mate - but obviously not strong enough to get a point against a team that have not won in their last 9 games in all competitions.
HammerInMaryland

Post by HammerInMaryland »

I think it is time to see Ayew over Feghouli. It is time to see Byram over Noble.

Feghouli is good on the ball, but terrible defensively. Kouyate can be a true box to box midfielder if they would just put Noble on the bench. Obiang is doing the job, but Noble is killing the team. He should have been sent off today. Fonte, by the way has looked really, really bad over the past 3 games.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Could it be the centre backs have no confidence in their full backs and are consciously or unconsciously drifting wider to cover for them, and then get caught out of position?
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Could it be the centre backs have no confidence in their full backs and are consciously or unconsciously drifting wider to cover for them, and then get caught out of position?

I said this in regards to Fonte, especially against Chelsea he was being drawn into positions he didn't need to be, because Kouyate was here there and everywhere.
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Could it be the centre backs have no confidence in their full backs and are consciously or unconsciously drifting wider to cover for them, and then get caught out of position?
This is my view :thup:

Kouyate was regularly doubled up today and cresswell had probably his worst ever game for us