Bournemouth 3-2 West Ham Utd (11/03/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Romford
Big X

Re: Bournemouth vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Romford »

Davey1704 wrote:
Hearing stuff like this really pisses me of. C*nts.
Please send me a pm about this mate...
Ingwe
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

Agree totally with Romford.
All season we've looked less fit than our opponents and that is a manager's responsibility.
Also, tactically we've been poor, from team selection, playing chosen players out of position and, sometimes, unfathomnable substitutions.
Before the game, I feared the worse especially as so many were talking of thumping Bournemouth, based on what, wasn't clear. We've looked fragile all season and the manner of most of our wins, did not instil confidence in me that we're "only a couple of good players from being a good side".
Slav may be a great bloke but a Premier League manager and motivator he ain't.
Don't say we should sack him at this point in the season but if we stay up, I'd hope to see a change. Surely Eddie Howe would be an attractive and realistic option? I've not taken talk of the likes of Mancini seriously or even Benitez (why would he leave the Toon, given that they will be in the Premier next season and are playing really well).
Any coach who says he was happy after yesterday doesn't get my vote. :(
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

MB wrote:It is very easy to blame individual players, but when you can pick out almost anyone from the team then the manager has to take the blame.

Our wins this season have relied heavily on individual performances rather than playing well as a team. To me that says the manager is the problem.
I do really hope we stick with Slaven, but I totalt agree with you. At the moment he has to implement a way to play. For all season we've seem to have no ideas at all...
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Just watched the motd highlights and the only positives I could see were Gabby Logan's legs. :scarfer:
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

The players look lost because they are not confident that Slav knows what he's doing . I reckon they are confused and are half-heartedly trying to implement Slav's tactics. Maybe they need to speak honestly to the manager and say this is not working , your tactics are not working, play us in our strongest positions.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

the pink palermo wrote: I'll cut the Manager some slack with regards selection as I have doubts he is signing all the players and may be leaving out a few he doesn't rate .Where he lets himself down though is his inability to get the XI he does select to compete with the opposition
I may have said similar to what's highlighted in bold before.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Bournemouth hadn't won since new years eve
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

The football wasn't great but the day as a whole was. Yesterday was another nod towards how good it's become to follow West Ham on thand road again, the fans were great. Lots of short memories, some of the away games under Allardyce were amongst the worst I've ever seen. At least we're actually showing some sort of intent these days.

Mid-table, given the upheaval of the new ground and the Payet situation, I'm more than happy with that. I'm still 100% behind Slav and feel things will be a lot different next season, IF Sullivan finally puts his money where his mouth is.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Bournemouth will probably lose their next game.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Nice to see the break in Dubai worked wonders...we haven't won since :lol:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Romford wrote:Nice to see the break in Dubai worked wonders...we haven't won since :lol:
Karren, is that you ?
HHCD

Post by HHCD »

Doc H Ball wrote:
Most depressing thing of the day for me - and I include their last minute goal - was seeing a couple of our younger guns having a go at the lady with one eye who turns up week in week out from Brighton. Classless.

Tossers
Suicyde

Post by Suicyde »

If it's the same lady with the white stick she was a diamond as one of my boys (8) got sent tumbling after the equalizer and she was at pains to make sure he was ok.

Tbf a fair few apologised & made sure they were ok, and I'm not for one second wanting it sterile during a game...but they didn't show the old girl the respect she deserved.

The game. We were *****, but it was entertaining, in a perverse sort of way!
HHCD

Post by HHCD »

Cottee wrote:, IF Sullivan finally puts his money where his mouth is.
As much chance of that as me and you winning the lottery...twice

Expect overdrive bu*****t propaganda from G&S from May/June when S/T sales start.

The higher number of non renewals......the more crap they will spout.

In Iron men Sullivan admits the move will be worth approx. 11 million per season......a very average player in todays market.We will never be a big club with these 2 owning our club

And if thousands don't renew.............anyones guess what the future holds
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1917 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Suicyde wrote:If it's the same lady with the white stick she was a diamond as one of my boys (8) got sent tumbling after the equalizer and she was at pains to make sure he was ok.

Tbf a fair few apologised & made sure they were ok, and I'm not for one second wanting it sterile during a game...but they didn't show the old girl the respect she deserved.

You were right behind me then. You have 3 lovely boys and I hope they weren't put off.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1917 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Suicyde wrote:If it's the same lady with the white stick she was a diamond as one of my boys (8) got sent tumbling after the equalizer and she was at pains to make sure he was ok.

You were right behind me then. You have 3 lovely boys and I hope they weren't put off.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

David Sullivan From the Boardroom

This little snippet caught my eye, particularly the last sentence.
We have conceded too many goals early in halves in recent games and, while we’ve managed to get ourselves back into games like the ones at Southampton and Watford and at home to West Bromwich Albion, there will be matches where we cannot equalise. That situation cannot go on.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Making sure adequate funds are available for a much needed RB and striker to replace the ineffective duffers you wasted millions on in the summer would have helped Dave.....
Suicyde

Post by Suicyde »

Doc H Ball wrote:
Thanks Doc! They're not put off, proper Irons...bit shaken but I think they're more addicted than ever. They always talk about the West Ham family and it's true 99% of the time. Didn't help that AFCB went up the other end & bagged the winner.

Hope to see you at some more games.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

The Old Mile End wrote:We got what we deserved from this one. We were rubbish – serious rubbish. We were totally run ragged by a team of championship level players who were fitter, faster and more determined on the day .
Not singling you out in the slightest , mate but Bournemouth have beaten West Brom , Everton , Liverpool , Hull [ 6-1 ] and Swansea [ 0-3 ] while holding Tottenham , Arsenal and Man Utd to a draw so they aren't a Championship level team nowadays - they needed the points as did we and we almost shared them .
OK , we had an off day , it happens , concentration wasn't at its best but we still scored 2 goals and created a few more chances .

We're not Champions League material by a long shot but we ain't as bad as some make out we are either .