The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #3

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
45%
No
36%
Unsure
19%

Total votes: 401

Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #3

Post by Mega Ron »

Definitely.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Up the Junction wrote: The only obligation for those becoming involved in this thread is to vote.
Could be open to abuse from those that dont actually go?
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Yes, I will be renewing with my two sons. Reason: we ‘support’ West Ham and there are plenty of reasons to go, for us at least, other who the owners are and/or the ground.

I agree with Romford in that how many who say they won’t renew are actually STH’s. Yes of course there are issues and problems etc. but I choose to prefer to focus on the positives than dwell on any negatives. Life is far, far too short and you spend a very long time dead.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

I think there will be some voting yes and no that don't have a season ticket but reckon the poll is about right at 40% each voting yes and no and 20% undecided so any voting by those that don't go probably just evens it's self out.

For me it's interesting hearing the views of those renewing... most seem to want to move and another large section just renewing for the social aspect more than anything.

40% not renewing wouldn't suprise me, might even get some more of the 20% decide not to as well.

I predicted 30k-35k season ticket sales few weeks back and that might be about right going on the polls

Of course after the renewals and relocations the might open up the additional 9k at £289 and they will all sell on top of these numbers.

Biggest problem might be he high band upper tier seats not being wanted or renewed
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Diogenes wrote:Life is far, far too short and you spend a very long time dead.
I take great comfort in knowing these lowlife owners will, trust me 8-)
sharphammer

Post by sharphammer »

How do we know that some people who have commented or voted haven't got a season ticket?? :eh:
De Niro
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by De Niro »

I'll be renewing. I think I would miss it too much.

I also know that by the time the summer is over I'll be itching to watch some live football again.
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

For me the team come first, I like my seat and it's a good couple of hours spent with my dad and brother.
We sit with good people, the atmosphere can sometimes be non existent but I went we went with the view over everything else. In time the ground and surroundings will improve but I do think a lot of negativity is down to the fact we have been rubbish for large parts of the season.
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

RE: legitimacy of poll results - it would be impossible for an open forum to vet credentials for voting. Only raw data that the club will have in a few months time will be accurate, and I'd be surprised if we ever got the chance to see it.
orbital
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by orbital »

I won't be renewing, thought that is more due to my work commitments than anything else, if I didn't have these commitments than my reasoning would be decided by what I see on the field rather than the Stadium experience.
hammerofthedogs
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by hammerofthedogs »

Two 'yesses' to renew. My 13yo loves the place - probably because his eyes are better than mine but mainly because it is big, shiny, new and relatively clean. I guess the difference is that he doesn't have 40 odd years invested in the old place but he has said he misses the Boleyn - he has just got over it quickly.

Me, well actually, I don't actually have a problem with the stadium now we are in it. I (we) are in 241 around a third of the way up and I don't think I will look to move - purely because it all seems much the same wherever apart from lower behind the goal or next to the away section.

Having said that, if we had a season and performances like last year, I'm sure there would be no issues about the 'atmosphere' in the new place. It was certainly good enough against Chelsea in the cup and finally against Palace. I am however struggling to think of any others...

Unfortunately, the only games we have left to lift the place are likely to be Spurs and Liverpool which are our last two home games. Get something from those and we go into the summer on a high and probably maximise the renewals and sell any new allocation. Go down without a fight and we'll then see how much the 20k support above that at the Boleyn really care....

... and indeed, whether there are 50k waiting to slide into any warm, vacant seats...
HighWycombeHammer

Post by HighWycombeHammer »

Just renewed for me and my 2 kids.

We enjoy it in block 132. The stadium is just completely different to the Boleyn but I'm happy with it and it is 'the future' type of stadium for 'the future' football fan. Its the results on the pitch that count to make us happy.

Been going from High Wycombe for 30 years and still love it.

We have come a long way since the new owners took over and we don't look like a relegation team anymore.

That statement is not a 'love in' for the owners but they have brought stability to us at least. :crest:
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

That statement is not a 'love in' for the owners but they have brought stability to us at least

what by selling our only asset and 'lending' us money to pay off our debts ???
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

And we are not that far off relegation after failing to invest...
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

MD_HM wrote:And we are not that far off relegation after failing to invest...
"Failing to invest" - what do you mean by that? The club has spent plenty of money, just poorly in a lot of cases. And we're currently nine places off the bottom. Not really "not far off relegation"
Limehouse

Post by Limehouse »

Me and my two lads will renew. Like our (standing) seats and I've seen a lot worse sides than this one. That said, I struggle with the walk and as posted on another thread there's next to no provision for people in this position. i also think facilities in the stadium itself need a fair bit of improvement..
officeboy
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by officeboy »

I renewed yesterday - only renewing early just to try to get a less bad seat next season.
Brendan
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Brendan »

Being going since 1966.

Will be renewing.

I knew it would be a different experience but not too unhappy. I have got my head round the fact it is not a football stadium and never will be unless something dramatic happens.

Still have a few pints in Manor Park, pubs are empty, then quick cab that drops us off near Carpenters pub, about £2.50 each and used to do that at Upton Park as well.

Usually in Romford/Hornchurch about an hour after match so that is also the same.
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

I'll be renewing. Had a ST for the last 25 years or so despite living abroad the last 7 years and as much as I'm not a big fan of the new place, my seat is reasonable in the BML and it will be a massive vacuum in my life.

Sure the football hasn't been great, but there have been a lot worse seasons.

I wonder though when it comes to renewal time how many of the 'no's' will have a last minute change of heart?
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

Nope....

Haven't been back since Palace.

I'm done. :thdn: