The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #3

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
45%
No
36%
Unsure
19%

Total votes: 401

costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #3

Post by costa75 »

So according to the comments 80% of West Ham season ticket holders will not be renewing, and according to the poll it's 40%. Come the start of next season I will be amazed if any of those two figures are anywhere near the truth. :lol: Most will of course renew, even the ones that say they wont. Supporting West Ham is a life sentence.......

I will renew, but I'm hoping that the club will make an effort to get all the standers/singers together. We need all the help we can get with the atmosphere, and it's got nothing to do with the new ground. It has been declining for a long time, and was **** at Upton Park in the last ten years, except for the odd occasion. I have a feeling I will be disappointed though.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

I don't have a season ticket anymore as I'm not around often enough for it to be worth it. However, voted 'yes' on behalf of my dad, who always renews no matter what.
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

its a no sadly from me.
just dont really enjoy it a the OS and whilst to some degree the same was true of UP it was habit forming there whereas it is easier to make the break from statford especially as i'm now a 2 1/2 journey away. Will miss the company and post-match drinks but will still do a few homes and aways to warm the cold turkey.
Big George
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

Pob! wrote:Nope....

Haven't been back since Palace.

I'm done. :thdn:
Odd one to call it a day on, best atmosphere of the season.
Longneck'd Iron

Post by Longneck'd Iron »

It's a yes from me, always was too :scarfer:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Although there's a range of opinion on here, hardly anyone has said that they love the new gaff, think things are better or expect any success in the near future.

All very different to the blurb. Has anyone ever seen King Canute (not Fred) and Lady Brady in the same room?
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

Big George wrote:
Odd one to call it a day on, best atmosphere of the season.
Not really...
I'm fast approaching 50 and have over the last 20 years traveled up from Portsmouth where I'm now located.
Not for the first time I have seen a couple idiots abusing a young man who couldn't of been more than 7 stone wet.
The sort of support this place has attracted is just not for me,
We had our fair share of bellends at the old girl but f*** me we have so many more now, and not big ole old school lumps but gobby 'ya get me bruv' youths who have watched football factory one too many times,
Sorry not for me.. I can put up wit a lot but infighting and abuse from our own support, Not happening.
Duff
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Duff »

I voted unsure but have already been broken and renewed in the hope of move.

(And a good cup run)

Failing that I shall mostly be on the party deck. :scarfer:
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

I voted unsure but will almost certainly renew. However my issue is that my son almost certainly won't so I will be left going on my own, most of the people that I used to see every home game are nowhere near me (and quite a few have stopped going). So it will be a lonely trip and no one to have a beer and a chat with, That wouldn't have stopped me with the Boleyn but the OS is not an ingrained habit yet.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

If I had a season ticket I would renew. we are not far away from a good team, RB and CF, and who knows what a few wins and a good start next season will do to the LS.

I have got used to the walk back as avoid the stop/go malarky. 20 mins walk and onto a tube is better than at the BG.

The stadium is cold and not just talking about the temperature on the concourses !

The atmosphere must come from the fans but like many on here there are many things that seem against us.

stewards - are improving.
stands - too far from the pitch behind the goal and east stand. Dont know what can be done about this but surely there can be some improvement.
Managers bench - too far from pitch. saw a european game where the bench was moved to the pitchside. slav would not be so isolated then.

overall if we put a few more wins on the table we should finish 9th which is about right for us.

next season is what I hope will see us up to 7th and a cup run.

you support your team through thick and thin. good and not so good times. we are average at best but still better thn fighting relegation.
CRFC Hammer
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by CRFC Hammer »

I'll be renewing. Happy with my seat in Block 203 so won't be moving.
marshboy

Post by marshboy »

I am renewing ,block 112 so can not grumble
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ChzMff »

It doesn't matter to me who we buy or what colour the seats are. I will be renewing because I support West Ham and that's what we do.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

Yes from me too and what an atmosphere at times yesterday!! :thup:
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

fantastic atmosphere yesterday and proved that you can have a good crowd in the bowl. so much negativity which is not good.
we would all have liked a 50k seat BG but we havent got it so time to make the best of it and support the team and get us out of the mess that we are slowly getting into.

next four games will be crucial hull sunderland and arsenal away and swansea at home - 7pts min required

On another positive the Iron Ale is good.
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Least atmospheric stadium in the league according to Leicester fans, and probably a new record number of empty seats :lol:
Merv
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by Merv »

I'm not defending the stadium by any means (I dislike it and my seat), but being 2-0 down inside ten minutes isn't going to do wonders for any atmosphere.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

hammerman11 wrote:fantastic atmosphere yesterday and proved that you can have a good crowd in the bowl. so much negativity which is not good.
For me the atmosphere started ok, then naturally died with the early screwups. Got quieter and quieter for the rest if the first half as the team were not putting the effort in, picked up slightly with Lancini's goal then died on its arse again. Second half when our team actually got going the atmosphere really got going. To be fair I think it would have been the same at the Boleyn.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Least atmospheric stadium in the league according to Leicester fans, and probably a new record number of empty seats :lol:
Couldn't give a flying whatsit about what oppostion fans think. I'm happy with my seat and the price I paid. Also the extra walking is making me a bit fitter.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1039 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Least atmospheric stadium in the league according to Leicester fans, and probably a new record number of empty seats :lol:

Not defending the stadium or anything else but their fans were absolutely pony.