Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by Ted Fenton »

Unless Bilic and Adrian can get down off their respective high horses, Adrian will be gone this summer. Seems he's already hoping for a move back to Spain (that's just local talk, no firm quotes).
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Outside shot to Palace if Mandanda goes back to France I reckon. Still think he should be our number one, yeah he dipped in form a bit but Randolph to me is a Championship keeper who has somehow turned into our number one
FrostyLemon

Post by FrostyLemon »

Where has all this talk of Adrian being average come from? I could have sworn for the last few years everyone thought he was great. This year he started off wobbly and when he got dropped I understood the reasons why, but I honestly thought he was going to be put back in goal aftera few matches. I don't think Randolph is anywhere near his ability.

The thing that I find most strange is that when Bilic started, I could have sworn he mentioned that Adrian was one of the few players in the squad who could play champions league football. Why has he changed his mind?

Edit: I can't find the article but I could have sworn it had been said.
Last edited by FrostyLemon on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

It just has to be contract based, Randolph is near useless. Covered up by the odd wonder save.

He may not be eccentric and make obvious mistakes but just have a look of a replay of basically any goal we concede, if you don't find yourself thinking 'He probably should have done better there' then you're lying to yourself
FrostyLemon

Post by FrostyLemon »

So am I right in thinking Adrian was dropped after this article was published?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... stake.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Adrian needs to start at Hull. Randolph makes too many errors or just doesnot do enough.

adrian back in with 3 at the back and wingbacks.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Jumby wrote:Adrian got called up for Spain back at the end of the summer, he's above average.
This & the previous 2 years of watching them both in the flesh at our place is why I'm bemused by some on here claiming Randolph & Adrian are the same quality - Not on their best days they aint

Randolph has done far better than I expected, but I'm genuinely shocked that Adrian has been on the bench for as long as he has - The goals against tally between them must be miles apart
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

needs to be starting again in my opinion
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

I believe Randolph was due his chance

He had been very good when called upon in cup games and league games where Adrian was suspended/injured

His chance came, and it's not worked out for him (not that it's particularly worked out for many of ours this season)

Overall, it's a position we could do with strengthening this summer
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

You can swap the goalie all you like but until we sort the defence out, not a lot will change. The back line changes every couple of weeks due to injuries, we still don't have a right back, cresswell has struggled etc etc. Been covered many times before.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

thejackhammer wrote:It just has to be contract based, Randolph is near useless. Covered up by the odd wonder save.

He may not be eccentric and make obvious mistakes but just have a look of a replay of basically any goal we concede, if you don't find yourself thinking 'He probably should have done better there' then you're lying to yourself
Every goal on Saturday I thought this. There's nothing that Randolph has done this season that I don't think Adrian is capable of matching (including the Henderson save) and I think he's far better at coming and claiming the ball than Randolph which gives him an edge.

Neither are the most commanding of keepers, and I think that would be an area either could be usurped in by someone new coming in.
fredjstanley

Post by fredjstanley »

djclipz wrote:You can swap the goalie all you like but until we sort the defence out, not a lot will change. The back line changes every couple of weeks due to injuries, we still don't have a right back, cresswell has struggled etc etc. Been covered many times before.
Completely agree with this. While I think Adrian is better than Randolph, switching between the two with our current defensive set up is like shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I said a year ago that Randy was decent enough but I always felt like he conceded goals that he probably should have been saving, nothing has changed.

Adrian has always been our best keeper since he arrived here, when he makes a mistake people go mad but for years I've watched Petr Cech make mistake after mistake, absolute howlers, and he seems to be viewed as one of the best around still, even on Saturday he was cocking up on a corner, caught in no mans land, and it wasn't even mentioned.

A year ago I wouldn't have sold big Aidy for 20m, now it looks like we're going to lose him for nothing whilst being stuck with a keeper who is really a top level Championship keeper, nothing more.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

FrostyLemon wrote:So am I right in thinking Adrian was dropped after this article was published?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... stake.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yep...."He is my number one for sure"...... :eh:
Andytheammer

Post by Andytheammer »

djclipz wrote:You can swap the goalie all you like but until we sort the defence out, not a lot will change. The back line changes every couple of weeks due to injuries, we still don't have a right back, cresswell has struggled etc etc. Been covered many times before.
Is the correct answer.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Adrian to be the number one until end of season. Randy doesnt do enough with the goals he concedes. Adrian dropped for howlers but randolph makes mistakes but not the howers. Hopefully adrian has learnt.

The defence for both has been a shambles that is for sure and even de gea would struggle.

my back line would be

adrian
byram kouyate fonte masuaka

also need some discipline in midfiled to offer protection. again we fail here !

Hart is not the answer though. High fee and wages not much better. Bergovic cheaper and just a good is maybe an option. I would then sell Randolph, Irelands number 1, for 8m if possible.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

This is bizarre....an Adrian fan in the Rooney home

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... o-10065841" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perhaps Wayne's on his way to E20.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Westbourne Bill wrote:This is bizarre....an Adrian fan in the Rooney home

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... o-10065841" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How very odd, perhaps it's the penalty thing v Everton
One thing I noticed, the youngest one has got his Dads hair :)
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Can the kid play right back?
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Westbourne Bill wrote:Anyone who says Joe Hart would be an upgrade needs to see the two howlers he made yesterday vs Inter.
Agreed. he's such an overrrated keeper.

Adrian back please. I think Randy deserved his chance and he took it until recently. The defence certainly hasnt helped him but i think we need the mad Spaniard back in there.