Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by Viking_Hammer »

Ozza wrote:Viking just out of interest do you think champions league clubs will be in for him?
Well it´s hard to say, his statistics speak for themselves and IMO he can comfortably play at any club in the world. But I know for a fact that he´s waiting for his dream move to Man Utd. which I´m not so sure will come. The reason he signed for Spurs and not Liverpool a few years back was mainly to do with him having dreams about Man U and going to Liverpool would´ve made that move almost impossible.

-RB Leipzig will probably be in for him
-Everton very strongly rumoured
-China bid 30 mill in January, there is no way he´ll go there his career comes first and he thrives for a legacy.
-And then it´s just a question of if the big clubs come in for him. If his name was Gylfhino and he came from Brazil he´d be hotter property, as stupid as that sounds.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Kelechi Iheanacho.
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

D C wrote:If we had the money for Gylfi it shouldn't be spent on him. So many more priorities.
I´d love him at the club, but there would have to be some offloading before this could happen and he would certainly make our midfield stronger.

But as you say the priorities lie elsewhere and 25-30 mill on Gylfi is just not what we need.
Jeffcoate321

Post by Jeffcoate321 »

Gylfi would be a good buy for Everton. Much better than Barkley in that position.

We don't need him, we have Lanzini.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

We can't keep relying on Lanzini for creating chances and flair in the final third. He needs more help in that department in the squad and Siggurrdson would compliment him perfectly. They don't have to play in each other's pockets, plenty of room in the midfield third to play both.

We lack creativity and flair in the squad. If it weren't going to be Siggurdsson, it needs to be someone else.

Lanzini has an injury, we'll suffer greatly going forward knitting it all together.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Once a snake always a snake

Jermain Defoe admits he will quit Sunderland if they are relegated to save England career #SAFC
Patito

Post by Patito »

Why is that being a snake? He's done all he can to help keep them up the last 18-20 months (I think that's how long he's been there).
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

fmgod wrote:Once a snake always a snake

Jermain Defoe admits he will quit Sunderland if they are relegated to save England career #SAFC
Hardly that controversial is it!?

99% of footballers would do the same if their club gets relegated and they are still in demand

He is nearly 35 years of age, so not as though he is going to get any more chances to play in a major tournament for England

Anyway, having read the article, he doesn't even say he will leave, he just says he realises he would need to be playing in the top flight to keep his England place, which at the end of the day is a fact
Last edited by Crouchend_Hammer on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Colours never run wrote:We can't keep relying on Lanzini for creating chances and flair in the final third. He needs more help in that department in the squad and Siggurrdson would compliment him perfectly. They don't have to play in each other's pockets, plenty of room in the midfield third to play both.

We lack creativity and flair in the squad. If it weren't going to be Siggurdsson, it needs to be someone else.

Lanzini has an injury, we'll suffer greatly going forward knitting it all together.

You're bang on the money. It's why we struggle when teams (like Leicester) just sit back and are well organised, we often find it hard to break them down. There is always space in the team for someone of Sigurdsson's ilk. Whether we are likely to get him is another question though.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

They've still got quite a few games left hardly what you want your star striker coming out with is it, Imagine if that was us in that scenario
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

fmgod wrote:They've still got quite a few games left hardly what you want your star striker coming out with is it, Imagine if that was us in that scenario
All he said was that if he wasn't playing in the top flight hit is unlikely he would get in the England squad next season. Doesn't mention leaving Sunderland at all
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

thejackhammer wrote:Kelechi Iheanacho.
Got 30-40m spare?

I would absolutely love that signing but unless we got bought out we wouldn't ever stand a chance, I'm sure The GSB would love to flog the idea of that for a few weeks during the summer,and put in a 15m bid, but it would never happen, sadly.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

£20m might be more his truer value for promise. He's not done that much in the game and Man City can't demand more than that, arguably but less. I'm another big fan of his though.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Jermain Defoe's England career. There's four words I didn't expect to see together in the present tense in 2017.

Creativity is such a hard thing to buy, especially from other leagues - in that respect, Gylfi really is your best option, proven in the Premier League to provide assists in a team that, normally, is on our level. No good if you've got nobody on the end of it to actually score, though.

Otherwise, you have to think about who's putting assists in around Europe and isn't already at a really high level. Pablo Piatti of Espanyol has 9 goals and 10 assists in La Liga this season. That's pretty much providing a goal a game for them in the league. Might be available in the summer, although Espanyol have a buy option in his loan deal (from Valencia) that I'd imagine they'll take up.

Then there's Tielemans again - 17 goals and 10 assists in all competitions this year. Jean Seri of Nice has something like 9 assists from a deeper role, but I believe he takes set pieces for them.

In fairness, I think that's one of the things I like about the Muriel and Batshuayi striker links - they're often creating chances for other players as well as scoring themselves. Muriel has 9 assists with his 12 goals this season. Batshuayi, in his last season at Marseille, scored 23 but also assisted 10. That's actually sometimes been one of Carroll's better assets, he can bring other players into the game. I think when he had his fractured foot in 13/14 he assisted more than he scored, for example.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Colours never run wrote:£20m might be more his truer value for promise. He's not done that much in the game and Man City can't demand more than that, arguably but less. I'm another big fan of his though.
Whilst I agree with you I can't see him leaving for that price. Rooney went for 20m thirteen years ago with a 17 goals in 48 starts and 29 sub appearances record. In 20 starts and 39 sub appearances Iheanacho has 21 goals, that is insane for a 20 year old.
Codu
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Codu »

Lanzini looked fine playing further back towards the end on Saturday. So long as he had a ball winner beside him he'd thrive in the middle of the pitch; I think he needs to see as much of the ball as possible.

So i'm all for bringing in another attacking central midfielder, someone like Sigurdsson.
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Codu wrote:Lanzini looked fine playing further back towards the end on Saturday. So long as he had a ball winner beside him he'd thrive in the middle of the pitch; I think he needs to see as much of the ball as possible.

So i'm all for bringing in another attacking central midfielder, someone like Sigurdsson.
i agree, we can't just have 1 creative player on the pitch. Need at least two like last season to link up play and flow from defending to attacking
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Lostcoco wrote:
i agree, we can't just have 1 creative player on the pitch.

I fully agree, Lanzini isn't the biggest of players. Clatter him hard early on, take the yellow and his threat is greatly reduced, or cut off his supply for the better sides for the same effect.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Codu wrote:Lanzini looked fine playing further back towards the end on Saturday. So long as he had a ball winner beside him he'd thrive in the middle of the pitch; I think he needs to see as much of the ball as possible.

a lot of that was fernandes who looks very tidy in midfield. lacks a bit of steel but i wouldn't mind seeing him alongside noble against hull.

wasn't convinced at all by kouyate in midfield against leicester. all well and good when he's roaming around breaking up play, but teams know that the way to beat us is to let us play a bit and hit the players who aren't good enough with the ball at their feet to do it risk free at this level.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Despite his size, Lanzini is also pretty good at getting the ball back when he plays deep. He is much more effective when he's picking it up from the CB's and driving forward with the ball imo. He just needs more players on his wavelength to be more effective. We also need a mobile striker that makes runs behind defenders to open up more space in between the ST and the midfield, that's where he can be deadly.

This is of course assuming we don't lose him this summer.