Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

HoustonHammer24
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by HoustonHammer24 »

--------------------Begovic---------------------
Zabaleta--Fonte--Reid--Cress/Masuaku
--------------Obiang--Lanzini-----------------
Antonio----------Siggy------------Ayew
-------Batshuayi/Muriel/Modeste-------

Signings needed: Begovic (£10-12m), Zabaleta (Free), Siggy (£25m), 1-2 of Batshuayi (loan w/ option) Muriel (£20-25m) or Modeste (£18-22m).

Anywhere from £50-65m, not including outgoings. If we have any ambition next season, I think this is well within our reach. If not, then I'm afraid we will be lucky to be mid-table, which I would take at this point.

We should be safe this season if we avoid defeat at Hull and maybe pick up one more result. Lose to Hull however, and we will be deep in the mire....
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Despite his size, Lanzini is also pretty good at getting the ball back when he plays deep. He is much more effective when he's picking it up from the CB's and driving forward with the ball imo. He just needs more players on his wavelength to be more effective. Fernandes?? We also need a mobile striker that makes runs behind defenders to open up more space in between the ST and the midfield, Ayew?? that's where he can be deadly.

This is of course assuming we don't lose him this summer.
I'm guiltier than most for this, but sometimes it's easy to overlook what you already have and get mesmerised by fancy names from elsewhere.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

The thing with Iheanacho is, he's behind Jesus and Aguero at the moment, Aguero may leave but City will spend big and replace him.

Iheanacho won't want to be third choice, City don't need the money, so a loan with a view to buy for £30 million works for everyone.

If i was Sullivan I'd be ringing him up already.
cmoore4099

Post by cmoore4099 »

thejackhammer wrote:The thing with Iheanacho is, he's behind Jesus and Aguero at the moment, Aguero may leave but City will spend big and replace him.

Iheanacho won't want to be third choice, City don't need the money, so a loan with a view to buy for £30 million works for everyone.

If i was Sullivan I'd be ringing him up already.
The one thing I would say about this is he is important to City as he is homegrown and English. They need to hit those quotas for Domestic and European competitions.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Iheanacho and Defoe I'd be happy. Certainly rough around the edges of Iheanacho, could well find it a lot harder outside a free-flowing attacking side. I'm not saying no, if we could get him on loan with a view t would be great, but I'd also be thinking about the what ifs.

Modeste is one we definitely should go for.

Think a Payet replacement type is a must. Absolutely essential, we need goal threat and creativity and we need to let Lanzini be free to start more moves rather than than him being the only player capable.

Fernandes could do with a year more.

I'd dream of going back to the diamond midfield with fast, hardworking strikers that Sam stumbled upon and then gave up on.
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

Iheanacho is Nigerian and has only been here for 3 years, i don't think he counts as home grown.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Sorry to be blunt, but I don't get the Batushia love in. He's played very few premier league minutes this season, hasn't been banging them in for fun. There's a reason why the Chelsea boss doesn't use him much, and this could come back on us as either a flop purchase or loan, sorry again I'd give him a wide berth.
Looking at who we may lose and if Cresswell does go to Liverpool, I'd not object to having Lucas as part of the deal. As on another thread we need someone with bite, who can do the hard stuff, not only that he's still only 30 and a fair DM to boot.
I'd also go for Harry Maguire, looks in my eyes to have a load of potential, and likes to play the ball. Finally my last would be Will Hughes from Derby, a good AM and still young enough to be developed further.
I think that with the budget being lower than a lot of people here expect, we have to raise money via player sales and if we could do one like I said with Lucas, all well and good.
What we can't do is go on a summer sojourn all over Europe seeking out the 20 goals a season striker when other positions need to be addressed, and being left until the bargain basement end of window barrel is rolled out and Sully dives in head first.
cmoore4099

Post by cmoore4099 »

thejackhammer wrote:Iheanacho is Nigerian and has only been here for 3 years, i don't think he counts as home grown.
Ah! My bad. Completely thought he was Nigerian/English.

I also agree with the above poster. I would love to have Will Hughes here. Saw him for the England U21's v. Scotland at Bramall Lane a few years back. Absolutely ran the midfield. Seems to have come back strong from his injury.
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

cmoore4099 wrote:
Ah! My bad. Completely thought he was Nigerian/English.

I also agree with the above poster. I would love to have Will Hughes here. Saw him for the England U21's v. Scotland at Bramall Lane a few years back. Absolutely ran the midfield. Seems to have come back strong from his injury.
I actually thought that he'd been there long enough to be homegrown, but apparently not
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

I dont know if he would be available and for how much, but I would much rather go for Samps Patrik Schick. Looks pretty good from what I have seen of him, and he is the Czech Republic's great hope for the future.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

I'd be leaving big money strikers for now. Let's just sign Defoe and get Sakho back to what he was. All the while Fletcher and Martinez can be learning the ropes. We will still have Carroll but I'd be inclined to try pacier forwards.
A GK and a RB are of utmost importance along with a DM and another playmaker to support Lanzini. For DM what about Carrick. He has another year in him I'm sure. For playmakers, what about Pareyra at Watford or Defour at Burnley f we don't want to splash out on Sigurdsson.

Let's not kid ourselves, we are not a draw for big names and neither do we have a chairman who wants to buy them.

Begovic
Sagna Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
Obiang Carrick
Antonio Lanzini Sigurdsson
Sakho

Subs : Adrian, Masuaku, Noble, Fonte, Carroll, Defoe, Ayew

Add in Fletcher, Oxford, Snodgrass, Burke, Kouyate, Byram, Cullen, Martinez and all of a sudden our squad looks stronger for not a lot of money.

Begovic - £10m
Sagna - Free
Carrick - Free
Defoe - Free
Sigurdsson -£25m

Sales
Valencia - £15m (I actually think Everton will keep him)
Nortveidt - £4m
Feghouli - £6m

Net spend of £10m. If we could get Fletcher, Martinez, Cullen, Oxford, Burke into either PL or top championship teams then we could always look at buying the likes of Sessignon at Fulham or some other highly rated youngsters. We need to start sensible transfers instead of wasting money.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

We will undoubtedly look abroad. Cheaper market.

I think the major domestic ones will be anyone who has been at a better club and looks like a name for Sullivan to parade. Thats why Hart and Wilshere will be on lists.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

There is no doubt that we will only have limited funds and will no doubt have to raise money to fund some purchases. We have not sold any top players apart from payet and I dont see that changing so the funds must be raised via fringe players.

Valencia 15m ? no way will everton pay that . 10m at most.
Nordsvelt possibly 5m but maybe we should keep him for another season and let him play DM which is his actual position.
Carroll I would sell but doubt he will go to china and no one in england will want him so we are stuck with him.

With limited funds I would leave the GK situation alone. Hart is making many mistakes in Italy and will be chased by bigger teams than us. he will demand mega wages also.I would make adrian the no 1.

RB we certainly need. zabaleta free transferwould be a good solid option with byram as back up.

CB we have enough with reid,fonte,ogbonna kouyate,oxford,burke. plus final year of the ginger pele !

Attacking midfielder apart from lanzini we lack a creative player. we have wingers and DMs. So siggy from swansea would be ideal. 25m plus for him but proven player.

strikers. we need two in my opinion to cover injuries. so batsuayi on loan and perez 15m from arsenal. Forget the 20 goal striker I would like one who can play at least 20 games ! We would also have carroll sakho ayew and fletcher.

so we could line up

Adrian
zabaleta reid ogbonna cresswell
antonio obiang lanzini sigguardson
perez batsuayo

cover team
randolph
byram fonte kouyate masuaka
feguoli noble fernadez snodgrass
ayew carroll

40m outlay with around 10m back from valencia so net spend of 30m. This would suit the owners and would see us improve in all areas and have decent cover

RB, attacking midfield and striker are the priority areas.
Patito

Post by Patito »

:arry:
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

No1 target for the summer should be a top top fitness coach !
Then at least 2 quality defenders and 1 quality striker minimum.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Rays Rock wrote:No1 target for the summer should be a top top fitness coach !
Then at least 2 quality defenders and 1 quality striker minimum.
A defensive coach would be nice..
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

We should try an ambitious gazump for Kevin Kampl
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

If this club is to progress,David Sullivan has to stand down and leave the day to day and transfer dealing to a proper DOF.We are always hearing about all the hours he puts into the transfer window and how stressful it is! Surely,it's about time he sat back,relaxed and enjoyed the ownership experience, or sabre rattle,like us, when things go wrong and know where the blame lies!
If Bilic is to survive, he has to accept help/changes to his coaching and fitness staff - If he cannot accept that, it will be time to move on,imo.
Until we know that outcome, it's all pretty pointless "showing interest" or ,even,speculating on "incomings",imo.If it limps on, with no change, we will have to accept that the likes of Antonio and Lanzini will be thinking very hard about their next moves! We had a "massive opportunity" to build on last years hard work and successful campaign, but Sullivan chose the "corner cutting route" yet again! It reminds me of the "Rio sale" and the Cearns decision to spend the money on a stand and a "bonus" to Harry for a rummage round the "bargain bin",instead of getting some real quality and experience to bring those talented youngsters on! The huge difference was that the Cearns were "skint" and not really businessmen.
sosc67

Post by sosc67 »

What will the possibility of looking at players like

Daley Sinkgraven of Ajax can cover left back and left midfield is main Characteristics
+ Strengths
Key passes
Strong
Passing
Strong
Dribbling
Strong
Holding on to the ball
Strong
Taking set-pieces
Strong
Concentration
Strong
Defensive contribution
Strong
- Weaknesses
(Player has no significant weaknesses)
Daley Sinkgraven's Style of Play

Likes to dribble
Gets fouled often

Daley Sinkgraven Characteristics
+ Strengths
Key passes
Strong
Passing
Strong
Dribbling
Strong
Holding on to the ball
Strong
Taking set-pieces
Strong
Concentration
Strong
Defensive contribution
Strong
- Weaknesses
(Player has no significant weaknesses)
Daley Sinkgraven's Style of Play

Likes to dribble
Gets fouled often
hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

ashbanki wrote:If this club is to progress,David Sullivan has to stand down and leave the day to day and transfer dealing to a proper DOF.We are always hearing about all the hours he puts into the transfer window and how stressful it is! Surely,it's about time he sat back,relaxed and enjoyed the ownership experience, or sabre rattle,like us, when things go wrong and know where the blame lies!
If Bilic is to survive, he has to accept help/changes to his coaching and fitness staff - If he cannot accept that, it will be time to move on,imo.
Until we know that outcome, it's all pretty pointless "showing interest" or ,even,speculating on "incomings",imo.If it limps on, with no change, we will have to accept that the likes of Antonio and Lanzini will be thinking very hard about their next moves! We had a "massive opportunity" to build on last years hard work and successful campaign, but Sullivan chose the "corner cutting route" yet again! It reminds me of the "Rio sale" and the Cearns decision to spend the money on a stand and a "bonus" to Harry for a rummage round the "bargain bin",instead of getting some real quality and experience to bring those talented youngsters on! The huge difference was that the Cearns were "skint" and not really businessmen.
Top post mate. Absolutely bang on