Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by 'stone hammer »

:lol: Twat
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

VirginMedia email. It really is a POS. Fortunately I am basically fully switched over to a couple of other email addresses, but I still check it from time to time just in case. Constantly met with 'the service is unavailable' type messages. They thought it was a good idea to move off of google's servers a few years back to another 3rd party but the service is just pony. I wouldn't care that much if it wasn't me that gets grief when it doesn't work because my parents still use it. Go to ****ing hell virgin.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

nothing, ever, going to plan.

also, the suspect that "things not going to plan" was the exact plan of the person you were planning things with.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

The term "cakewalk". One of the shittest Americanisms ever invented, that seems to be edging it's way into common use in the UK. What does that even mean? Walking on cake? How is that easy?
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Tell you what Rocks by Primal Scream is as a **** as and is in the same bland dustbin.... The Way You Move by The Bodyrockers

Gash
Add to this 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl' by Jet

Absolute paint by numbers dross.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Parents that swear at their kids. Complete bellends!
sopaul

Post by sopaul »

After a long day, looking forward to a nice cold Guinness at home and you pop the can and the nitrogen widget doesn't fire leaving you with a flat pint. Headbanger
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Virtue signalling cretins.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Add to this 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl' by Jet

Absolute paint by numbers dross.
I can't bear the pretentious little cough on the intro. I don't know if it's a opposed to be edgy or authentic or something but it just sounds like something some thought would be cool but just sounds lame.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

bubbles1966 wrote:Virtue signalling cretins.
Check out James O'Brien on LBC radio - he takes some beating.
1875Hammer

Post by 1875Hammer »

Car insurance (again). Direct Line are bastards. Sent out renewal docs and a quote. I submitted an online request for a quote which was 25% lower. Tried gocompare and got a quote with exact same cover and add-ons which was 30% lower. Phoned up and said I'd had better offers and she dropped the original quote by 35% no questions asked. I was on the phone for 2-3 minutes and saved £220+. They really do prey on people's inertia.
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

Women.
Was kind of seeing someone who was absolutely sublime both physically and in terms of personality. We've known each other for a while. It was her 40th last Friday, so I gave her some space to get pissed up with her mates.
Had a nice chat on Sunday, agreed to go out again this weekend.
She posts a Selfie on FB from her Birthday night out.
I comment "Not looking too bad for an 'old bird' ;-) x"
She goes absolutely ****ing mental at me. Even though the "Old Bird" bit was a joke we laughed about on the train home together on the day before her Birthday.
Apparently, I am rude and unfunny, full of hate towards women and the issues they face upon reaching age milestones.

****ing Psychopaths, the lot of them.
Shame, because she was the first person I'd had genuine feelings for in quite a while.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Mods - Perhaps we should have a sticky reinforcing Snug rules?

Dave - pics or it ain't true...
sendô

Post by sendô »

It's because she's feeling sensitive about her age, and you've dug her out for it in front of pretty much every single person she knows. Women do not have a sense of humour about this sort of thing like men do.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

1875Hammer wrote:Car insurance (again). Direct Line are bastards. Sent out renewal docs and a quote. I submitted an online request for a quote which was 25% lower. Tried gocompare and got a quote with exact same cover and add-ons which was 30% lower. Phoned up and said I'd had better offers and she dropped the original quote by 35% no questions asked. I was on the phone for 2-3 minutes and saved £220+. They really do prey on people's inertia.

On the subject of insurance our car and house premiums went up 25%, no notification from the insurance
company.
Found out they split the local agency between two partners and the pair of them didn't factor in our discount due to having multiple policies with them.
Now not only having to get new policies established, now fighting with them to get our refunds back.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Insurance: I'll never take any insurance out with Churchill or Direct Line ever again due to a) the cont'ish way they treat their customers when it comes to leaving, renewals or claims and b) the little "clauses" they have in the small print which means that even if you walk away they still try and keep any cash due back to you. Absolute pair of b*stard companies - they will never see 1p off me again.
sendô

Post by sendô »

My energy bills just gone up by about 25%, cue having to switch to another "provider".

Seriously, is this what the government sees as the public getting value for money? "Competition" and "choice" that basically amounts to having to constantly waste loads of time shopping around for deals on all of this mundane *****?

Surely gas, water and leccy just costs what it costs?
WatfordHAMMER

Post by WatfordHAMMER »

claretandblue82 wrote:Parents that swear at their kids. Complete bellends!
Was in Asda today and saw a Dad smack his son on every syllable "I told you not to fackin swear".
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Clocks going forward at 1/2am on a Sunday ...they should go forward at 9am on a Monday!!
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Cracking the windscreen on a £65k car in the last 10 miles of a 2000 mile road trip that finished today.

It's not mine either :)