AFL 17/18

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Thedogsbilic

AFL 17/18

Post by Thedogsbilic »

Aussie Rules season starts this morning with Carlton v Richmond at The MCG, Come on The Blues!!
Does anyone else enjoy watching Aussie Rules?
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: AFL 17/18

Post by Slacking student »

We're a happy team at Hawthorn, we're the mighty fighting Hawks.

Got to be the Hawks for me after staying in the east of Melbourne for a year playing cricket. Also spend a few nights in Hawthorn due to a girl I used to date
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Ariel ping pong
Hemel Iron

Post by Hemel Iron »

North Melbourne Kangaroos.
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Brisbane Lions over here. Hoping for some massive improvements after the last few seasons, especially with the overhaul of the coaching staff. Not sure the policy of youth is necessarily the way forward though.
I have to wait for it all to come on YouTube, 'cos the highlights package isn't on Eurosport any more.
Thedogsbilic

Post by Thedogsbilic »

Decent game to start the season, plenty of goals but too many for Richmond for my liking..
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

WHU_Del wrote:Brisbane Lions over here. Hoping for some massive improvements after the last few seasons, especially with the overhaul of the coaching staff. Not sure the policy of youth is necessarily the way forward though.
I have to wait for it all to come on YouTube, 'cos the highlights package isn't on Eurosport any more.
Saw them about 5 years ago when I was in Brisbane, playing a 'local derby' against Gold Coast Suns. the Lions wiped the floor with them and it was an exciting game to watch as a sport. The ball control and movement off the ball on a field the size of a cricket pitch is pretty impressive, and the height that players get to in some of the 'marks' are superb.

I first started following Hawthorn periodically in the 80s when highlights were shown on C4 - simply as there weren't enough brown and amber striped kits in sport.
SoulCircus
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by SoulCircus »

Collingwood is the correct team to support. Happy to help.
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Lions scrape home by two points against the Suns. Good start to the season.
Thedogsbilic

Post by Thedogsbilic »

Over 400,000 spectators viewed the first round of fixtures breaking the record, the 3 fixtures held at The MCG alone brought in over 217,000 alone, pretty impressive.
Thedogsbilic

Post by Thedogsbilic »

Great win over Essendon for Carlton in abysmal conditions :D

Sydney Swans and Hawthorn are both surprisingly set to be 3 losses from first 3 games.
SoulCircus

Post by SoulCircus »

Thedogsbilic wrote:Sydney Swans and Hawthorn are both surprisingly set to be 3 losses from first 3 games.

Good, isn't it?
Thedogsbilic

Post by Thedogsbilic »

SoulCircus wrote:[quote

Good, isn't it?
For sure it is especially Hawthorn, good win for the Pies too!
Thedogsbilic

Post by Thedogsbilic »

China hosting an AFL game today between Gold Coast and Port Adelaide.
Thedogsbilic

Post by Thedogsbilic »

Great 1 point win over GWS for Carlton, a young team that could do well in the next few years.
SoulCircus

Post by SoulCircus »

Thedogsbilic wrote:Great 1 point win over GWS for Carlton, a young team that could do well in the next few years.
Pleased GWS got knocked over, even if it was by the Blues. The bias towards GWS by the umpires in that game was atrocious. Almost as if the AFL have an ulterior motive in wanting an expansion team to reach the GF...
SoulCircus

Post by SoulCircus »

Bit late to this but Richmond won the Grand Final for the first time since 1980, beating the Crows. Richmond fans are known for being generally insufferable so in this instance I was glad I'm not living round the corner from there anymore. The Tigers fans I do know who are bearable are made up though.
Thedogsbilic

Post by Thedogsbilic »

SoulCircus wrote:Bit late to this but Richmond won the Grand Final for the first time since 1980, beating the Crows. Richmond fans are known for being generally insufferable so in this instance I was glad I'm not living round the corner from there anymore. The Tigers fans I do know who are bearable are made up though.
Have to say Dusty Martin was outstanding this year although I thought the Crows would win the Grand Final.
SoulCircus

Post by SoulCircus »

Thedogsbilic wrote:Have to say Dusty Martin was outstanding this year although I thought the Crows would win the Grand Final.
So did I, was sure their forward line will be too strong. Richmond will only be a one-season wonder though, much like the Bulldogs last year.