The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #3

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
45%
No
36%
Unsure
19%

Total votes: 401

ammo
Total likes: 9 likes

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #3

Post by ammo »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Least atmospheric stadium in the league according to Leicester fans, and probably a new record number of empty seats :lol:
Really? And this comes from the Happy Clappers brigade who rely on clappers and freebie gifts to the fans (pies, beer etc) on a regular basis to keep their fans happy. Considering their upturn in form and the fact that they led the whole way through the game yesterday, I hardly heard a peep out of them except for the very boring ' we know who we are song' . Roll on next season when they can go back to being nothings.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

I'd like to know whether I can go back to 114 before renewing, and if not, then we should be given a chance to move closer to it and not be at the back of a queue.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Renewing tomorrow to join the queue of relocate hopefuls
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

ammo wrote:Really? And this comes from the Happy Clappers brigade who rely on clappers and freebie gifts to the fans (pies, beer etc) on a regular basis to keep their fans happy. Considering their upturn in form and the fact that they led the whole way through the game yesterday, I hardly heard a peep out of them except for the very boring ' we know who we are song' . Roll on next season when they can go back to being nothings.
Must be terrible having owners who value the club's supporters
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

half full glass here.
great atmosphere at the bowl.great entertainment we could of won,drawn but lost it in the end. great value for money.
hopefully in the summer they can improve things further
new signings and a great season ahead.

lets stop the moaning the BG has gone. we are in a better place than we have been for years.

however we do need a few quality signings to come in.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

This is not a dig at anyone in particular, and I realise that I might be being a *bad word* myself, but...

I find it really tiresome people talking about "the athletics stadium" and "the bowl" (bonus points for "soulless bowl"). Especially when saying good things about the place.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Still undecided. Nothing to do with the football, although it has been pretty dire at times. Nothing to do with the view which is fine from my seats in row 8 of the BML. It's all to do with having available cash. Which is weird cos we renewed every season at the BG and that was dearer......
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Least atmospheric stadium in the league according to Leicester fans, and probably a new record number of empty seats :lol:
Agree on the empty seats, was crazy.

Disagree on the atmosphere. Thought the second half was great actually. You can hardly blame the place going quiet in the first half being 0-2 after 7 minutes.
The Boleyn Hound

Post by The Boleyn Hound »

Thought the atmosphere was very good throughout most of the game on Saturday, with just a few flat bits e.g. between their third goal and our second. There's an obvious roar that goes round the whole stadium during exciting moments, and the floor thumping is also very loud (and a bit unsettling!).

It's quite clear to me that the stadium is more than capable of generating an atmosphere, when we've actually got an exciting game to watch.

And funnily enough, the stadium was still full at 90 minutes this week. They must have improved the transport links this week :lol:
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

The Boleyn Hound wrote:the stadium was still full
Full? :lol:
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

From a Leicester bod:

The most non atmospheric ground I think I've ever been in, surprised we didn't give the 'Yeovil town make more noise' an airing, top tier probably did but we couldn't hear it lower down.

:thdn:
The Boleyn Hound

Post by The Boleyn Hound »

NorthBankAlliance - genuine question, what's your end goal here?

At what point will you be happy that you've slagged off West Ham's stadium enough, and get on with your non-match attending life?

Will you continue until we see the owners apologise? Not gonna happen.
Are you hoping it will lead to us moving back to The Boleyn Ground? Not gonna happen.

I'd hazard a guess and say that the fans who like our new stadium and a good deal who don't really could not give a flying fu** what some muggy Leicester fan you've found on Twitter has to say about our stadium.

Serious question, at what point will you let it go and concern yourself with something else?
stained

Post by stained »

7-10-78 addict

renewing my band 5 great value , kids and mates likewise

coyi
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

The atmosphere has been great at times this season. the BG has gone. we have our memories but we must get over this.

My main gripe is that the seats need to be nearer the pitch as we were promised. There have been problems with company supplying the system going bust. will this be sorted for next season, ets hope so.
If they bring the TBL,BML and east stand nearer the pitch then I think we have a great stadium.

few minor things like seat colour and outside colour are easy to sort.
would like to see more street traders allowed near the ground. If not then how about they start trading along the route from the builders to the carpenter arms. seling old programmes from front gardens etc.

At the end of the day if the team are playing well the bowl will rock. same as at the BG. At times you coud hear a pin drop,others your head was full of noise.

COYI
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

hammerman11 wrote:The atmosphere has been great at times this season. the BG has gone. we have our memories but we must get over this.

My main gripe is that the seats need to be nearer the pitch as we were promised. There have been problems with company supplying the system going bust. will this be sorted for next season, ets hope so.
If they bring the TBL,BML and east stand nearer the pitch then I think we have a great stadium.

few minor things like seat colour and outside colour are easy to sort.
would like to see more street traders allowed near the ground. If not then how about they start trading along the route from the builders to the carpenter arms. seling old programmes from front gardens etc.

At the end of the day if the team are playing well the bowl will rock. same as at the BG. At times you coud hear a pin drop,others your head was full of noise.

COYI
I don't believe this will happen.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

I haven't got a season ticket but have been to a few games using g friends and colleagues seats, usually in the upper tiers and i like the view, can really see the whole game unfold and see everything going on.

I've really enjoyed every visit (except the two Man City debacles) and will try to get my own season ticket next season.

I know I'm on the minority.
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

hammerman11 wrote:.

COYI
The seats are where they were intended to be, it's just that the lower tier is on scaffolding not a retractable system but that doesn't affect the view.
The problem is that too many people believed the promises (or were they lies) and statements such as Gold's about not moving to ground where we'd have to watch over an athletics track.
It is not a football stadium. It is an events stadium. Fine for athletics, concerts and occasional football or rugby, but it can never be a suitable home for a football club.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Leicester fans talking about atmosphere and stadiums :lol:

Lets see in 5 seasons time what they think about the grounds they will be playing in....

After just coming back for supposedly one of the great football theatre's in the world in Dortmund, ours sits surprisingly favourably.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

For me the stadium is alright. It's the way it's run, the way we are treated, and the shitty surroundings that ruins it for me.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

hammerman11 wrote:.

COYI
The company going bust is a red herring, the seats physically cannot be moved any nearer the pitch no matter which company is in charge , retractable seats or not.
Its all about the rake.
Anyone who has been told otherwise is being told porkies.