Hull City 2-1 West Ham Utd (01/04/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: Hull City v West Ham Utd:match thread

Post by hammerman11 »

well lose the next two games and sully will have to sack bilic because we will be going down unless something changes dramatically. Not looking that way and certainly wont on weds. If we lose heavily then and lose to swansea with another hapless and clueless display then it will be time for slav to go. such a shame but there is no sentiment in football.

so who will sully get in ? mancini , redknapp and rio ?

we certainly have no one in the backroom staff to takeover like leicester did.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

Ha very true Hugh, no worries bud
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

hammerman11 wrote:
must beat swansea !
Never thought I would say it but I would offer :arry: a deal to the end of the season.

We just need to get back to utter basics. From the outside to me it looks like Slavs favourites get in the side over better players/players deserving a chance. Even to the most avid Bilic supporter...Cresswell should have been dropped six weeks back for Masuakua & I think for all sides 99.9% of fans feel Adrian should be our no1. I'm puzzled & baffled of all these experimental player position changes...SB hasn't help himself.

When 'sh*t hits the fan' any Boss would revert back to his best team in terms of quality, keep it simple & play players in their correct positions. When Brooking took over after Roeder, he reverted back to 'simplicity'. This funky New Management of playing players in strange positions, to find 'hidden talents' is messed up. We had a hidden talented player at the Club...Victor Moses. Conte picked up immediately he would be perfect at Right Wing Back, a system that SB likes to play......But never noticed that. FFS But sticks in Antonio who cannot defend to save his life. It's all so, so strange. Aaarrgghhhhh.

What you said above is correct. Swansea match will decide if we're a Premiership club in season 2017/18
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2491 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Kouyate made 10 tackles and interceptions in a DM position yesterday. That's pretty outstanding in that respect. Lanzini knitted the play together in 'Noble's' role as well as Noble ever does.

The idea that the same midfield that got rinsed by Bournemouth, Leicester or started incredibly weakly against Southampton, Watford and WBA (and god knows how many times last year by similar) would have drastically changed things takes some real effort in wiping the memory. Image

We have a goalkeeper who commands and saves very little, a left back who looks like he wishes he was on a ferry across the Mersey, and an ineffective attacking three in support of Carroll. I really can't get my head around Fonte, either.

Slav is part of the problem, regrettably. He picks some of these players and he makes (or does not make) the substitutions/tactical adjustments.

We aren't going to win many when only half the team turn up.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

One of the players I would like to see us sign siggurdsson is guarenteed to destroy us !

Tom carroll also looks good. Levante in the air. They have ayew`s brother playing. any price he scores and our one doesnt.

we have to pick a solid team in midfield to fight with them and not give them possession easily.

Antonio could be back for this one. we should not play him against arsenal as this is the must win game

I would like to see

adrian
byram kouyate fonte masuaka
antonio fernandez noble lanzini
carroll ayew

subs randolph cresswell collins nordsvelt fegouli snodgrass fletcher

heart says 2-0 COYI
omch@
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by omch@ »

Why Adrian doesn't play? It plays better penalty area, 6-yard box and does more saves! :?
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1159 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I could happily not see Feghouli (or Snodgrass for that matter) play for us again this season personally. Masuaku, Fernandes, Cresswell and Byram look far more effective with the ball in the opposition half. I suspect hat Quina would too.
Dicks' Thunderbolt

Post by Dicks' Thunderbolt »

The Old Mile End wrote:
You look at someone like Ayew and think of all the players we have ever bought in our entire history, he cost more than any of them. WTF?

Top post by the way TOME, it sums up our game yesterday perfectly.

The comment you made about Ayew made is spot on and kind of frightening when you put it like that! :shock:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2491 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Adrian in goal for the rest of the season, and two holding midfielders (advanced centre backs) in every game from here on in IMO. Got to keep some clean sheets.

Perm from Nordtveit, Kouyate, Fernandes.

Antonio, Lanzini and Noble +1 (Carroll or Ayew) in the front 4 against all the good teams away from home.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

fegouli and snodgrass were awful yesterday but I doubt slav will drop both as we need crosses for carroll. we are so predictable.

Ayew was starting to pick up and score the odd tap in until yesterday. not given up on him just yet but with carroll in the team are we playing to ayew`s strengths ? Trouble is carroll is our best striker .

a right mess which we must solve this week
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

hammerman11 wrote:fegouli and snodgrass were awful yesterday but I doubt slav will drop both as we need crosses for carroll. we are so predictable.

Ayew was starting to pick up and score the odd tap in until yesterday. not given up on him just yet but with carroll in the team are we playing to ayew`s strengths ? Trouble is carroll is our best striker .

a right mess which we must solve this week

Logical step would be to replace the shockingly bad Feghouli with Antonio.

Snodgrass will come good, think he is just taking time to settle.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Not sure what happened to feghouli at half time. He was one of our better players in the first half, and one of our worst in the second. I'm starting to wonder whether we'd be better off in the short term playing a midfield diamond, no wingers, and 2 pacy players up front that are capable of working the channels. Antonio to be one of them. I'd actually take Valencia back now to be the other!
steps
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by steps »

We paid 20 million for Ayew.

In today's climate/market, this is pretty much par for a decent player.

If we want to progress as a team we need to be making solid investments all over the pitch.

Do the groundwork, reap the benefits.
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

Burnley Hammer wrote:Not sure what happened to feghouli at half time. He was one of our better players in the first half, and one of our worst in the second. I'm starting to wonder whether we'd be better off in the short term playing a midfield diamond, no wingers, and 2 pacy players up front that are capable of working the channels. Antonio to be one of them. I'd actually take Valencia back now to be the other!

People are moaning about Byram but Feghouli gives his right back no cover at all.

Same as at Bournemouth, he just keeps drifting inside and leaving a massive hole for their left sided players to run into and double up on our right back who gets mugged off time and time again because of this.

Watch a re-run of their first goal yesterday viewed from behind their goal. Feghouli is trotting back and just about makes it out of the centre circle. Then from the same angle when their fella hit the post, he is standing up on the half way line with Carroll and Ayew.

Bilic's stubbornness in picking him regularly will be his undoing in the end, allied to his stubbornness in not getting a proper right back in during last summer/January.
rottiel

Post by rottiel »

Bar Carroll, who again put in a great shift, and Lanzini it was a pretty lackluster performance with pretty much every other player well below par.

Feghouli was truly shocking, a really poor player and how he didnt get hooked off at half time is beyond me.

The Fonte signing is becoming more bizarre to me after each game, just not good enough anymore.

Snodgrass too, a shocking return to his old club, did he not want to play ?

It was also a bloody long drive.

Anyway, knowing us we'el go and bag 3 points at the Arse..

:crest:
Phil S
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

rottiel wrote:Bar Carroll, who again put in a great shift, and Lanzini it was a pretty lackluster performance with pretty much every other player well below par.

Feghouli was truly shocking, a really poor player and how he didnt get hooked off at half time is beyond me.

The Fonte signing is becoming more bizarre to me after each game, just not good enough anymore.

Snodgrass too, a shocking return to his old club, did he not want to play ?

It was also a bloody long drive.

Anyway, knowing us we'el go and bag 3 points at the Arse..

:crest:
I've still got earache from the **** behind me slagging Carrol and Lanzini , I'm not sure what game he watched.

good to see you again yesterday mate
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Good to meet up with the pair of you yesterday...the best part of the day.

Surely we must have something better than Feghouli in the kids

Snodgrass looks a very poor buy too...doesn't even bother to dive anymore let alone play.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

bubbles1966 wrote:Adrian in goal for the rest of the season, and two holding midfielders (advanced centre backs) in every game from here on in IMO. Got to keep some clean sheets.

Perm from Nordtveit, Kouyate, Fernandes.

Antonio, Lanzini and Noble +1 (Carroll or Ayew) in the front 4 against all the good teams away from home.
I like Adrian but Randy didn't do anything yesterday apart from pick the ball out of the net. He didn't have a save to make...

Kouyate needs to go back into defence...and fernandes get a game in the middle.

Snod and Feg need to be played left back (in the changing room)
sharphammer

Post by sharphammer »

Fwiw I thought ayew looked quite dangerous yesterday in parts of the second half.

Was all to little to late tho
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

sharphammer wrote:Fwiw I thought ayew looked quite dangerous yesterday in parts of the second half.

Was all to little to late tho
Ayew gave everything but seems to be having problems finding the right positions.

Bigger problems than him i think.