Hull City 2-1 West Ham Utd (01/04/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Re: Hull City v West Ham Utd:match thread

Post by Wilko1304 »

Thought the same of Snodgrass against Leicester. And Snodgrass was nearly as lazy in their half too.

Some sort of tactics gap, surely? Because not every winger should be happy leaving the full back 2v1.

We need to get rid of the wingers, put more men in centrally and let the full backs do the wide work. They can't defend anyway, so give them more freedom to roam and more cover.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Romford wrote:I was in the Khazi at HT and was chatting while doing my business saying that we wont keep a clean sheet..

Its hardly bloody rocket science is it !!

Currently we are needing 3 goals because we can't keep a clean sheet.

We can't score 3 goals every week.

Madness
Bang on, and I've been saying it all season...nothing has changed since the beginning of last year

Our run in last season, out of our last 12 games, I think we conceded at least 2 a game in 10 of them...a problem we have never solved..all the talk in the summer about a striker and we haven't sorted the real issues...defensively we are the worst in the league
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

The highlight of the day was 16 pints for 41 quid.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

PF. wrote:The highlight of the day was 16 pints for 41 quid.
You were thirsty :wink:
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Even thirstier on the train back!
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Got very drunk and failed to finish my (very decent) curry.

I've enjoyed the weekend, just not the last 45mins at the KCom...

Arsenal will get the boost they definitely need on Wednesday.

Feghouli was in a rotten class of his own in the second half. I actually thought Ayew and Lanzini played well in the second half but it wasn't enough.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

arlhe wrote: Feghouli was in a rotten class of his own in the second half. I actually thought Ayew and Lanzini played well in the second half but it wasn't enough.
Yes, i thought he was going to grow into the side but he just looks terrible. Everytime he got the ball in the second half he gave it away. We surrender possession so easily it's frustrating to watch.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Saw Jack Sullivan's double in the concourse yesterday, weird.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Feghouli and Snodgrass are having a competition to see who can stink the place out more. One good cross yesterday from our Scottish wing wizard.....which is about his only contribution he's made since we spunked 10 million on him.

In his first appearances he charged about, geed players up, dished out rollickings.....now he just seems to go through the motions.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by danm79 »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Saw Jack Sullivan's double in the concourse yesterday, weird.
I saw him too.

One thing I didn't realize previously was the size of the gap between the pitch and seats at the KCOM. My seat 5 rows back in 113 at the LS was denfinitely closer than my front row seat yesterday
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

'stone hammer wrote:Did Feghouli actually put in a cross yesterday? I remember Byram sticking a couple in.

One of (many) Feghoulis problems is hes too **** scared to take responsibility himself and is too quick to pass the buck or play it safe. Instead of him taking the cross himself, he'll give it to a right back to do it. He also has a bad habit of turning back on himself when in good territory up field to keepin going forward, preferring to take the easy option. He seems to lack confidence in his own ability to beat a man or take responsibility. It also doesn't help he's so lightweight even Lanzini puts him to shame. He's supposed to be one of the senior players with vast experience in the game, yet I'd sooner play the likes of Fernandes than him.

How he and Randolph kept their starting places from the last match, I'll never know.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Feghouli is just another on the list of George Weah's long lost relatives we have signed in recent seasons.
Sutton Iron

Post by Sutton Iron »

Hard to argue with any of this from today's Graun and Daniel Harris:

It takes a strong constitution to find no humour, black or otherwise, in the goings-on at West Ham. A board which was certain it knew best, using taxpayers’ money to relocate their club – from a tight, intimidating ground to a soulless hangar – in order to contest the Champions League places, only to end up in a relegation scrap. West Ham have lost their last four games and while two of those came against Leicester City and Chelsea, the champions and champions-elect, they have also been beaten by Bournemouth and, on Saturday, Hull. Like Crystal Palace, Hull look likely to stay in the top division thanks to momentum generated by clever management while, on the other hand, Slaven Bilic is floundering. And though in one significant aspect the fault is not his, he has had seven months to make things better and must find something that works soon.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

feghouli was pony
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:feghouli was pony
I had high hopes for him when he signed but he just isn't cutting it in the prem.

Some players that are very good in another league just don't adapt to another and I think he is one of those.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

me too AH

ive had enough of him now - think snodders is also ****
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

Sutton Iron wrote:Hard to argue with any of this from today's Graun and Daniel Harris:

It takes a strong constitution to find no humour, black or otherwise, in the goings-on at West Ham. A board which was certain it knew best, using taxpayers’ money to relocate their club – from a tight, intimidating ground to a soulless hangar – in order to contest the Champions League places, only to end up in a relegation scrap. West Ham have lost their last four games and while two of those came against Leicester City and Chelsea, the champions and champions-elect, they have also been beaten by Bournemouth and, on Saturday, Hull. Like Crystal Palace, Hull look likely to stay in the top division thanks to momentum generated by clever management while, on the other hand, Slaven Bilic is floundering. And though in one significant aspect the fault is not his, he has had seven months to make things better and must find something that works soon.
We didn't move to compete in the Champions League we moved so that the owners could profit from the real estate.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Looked to me as if both Snodgrass and Cresswell were playing with injuries .
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Feghouli loves to run down a blind alley
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

PF. wrote:The highlight of the day was 16 pints for 41 quid.
Guinness £2.19 in the Admiral, bloody ridiculous!! :D