Hull City 2-1 West Ham Utd (01/04/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Re: Hull City v West Ham Utd:match thread

Post by sutts07 »

The Gibbins wrote:Feghouli loves to run down a blind alley
He just hasn't got the fight to be a prem player. Seen glimpses of class but you need bottle in this league too and he hasn't got ANY of that for me.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

What did Randolph do wrong ??
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I don't see much difference between Randolph or Adrian, its much of a muchness for me. I think its an area worth looking into next season along with many others on the pitch.
sharphammer

Post by sharphammer »

Romford wrote:What did Randolph do wrong ??
Nothing IMO... I think Randolph is being made a bit of a scapegoat by some, easy to dig your goalkeeper out when you're playing **** isn't it?

Adrian may have done better with the winner, but who knows? he wasn't in goal so its a pointless argument.

For all we know Adrian could have let in all the goals Randolph has.

That said I do think, even though he's a mad b*stard Adrian is the better keeper.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

I think Randolph is getting stick because a lot of people like and rate our defenders, particularly Reid. It's easier to point the finger at the player more easily changed. I think a lot of people don't want to countenance the idea that we are weak across the entire defensive unit, including the more popular individuals.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

James P wrote:I think Randolph is getting stick because a lot of people like and rate our defenders, particularly Reid. It's easier to point the finger at the player more easily changed. I think a lot of people don't want to countenance the idea that we are weak across the entire defensive unit, including the more popular individuals.
We wouldn't have lost that game if Reid was playing...IMHO of course
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

That break in Dubai worked wonders :D
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Romford wrote: We wouldn't have lost that game if Reid was playing...IMHO of course
Agreed. Could have done with Antonio as well. He'd have scored one of the headers Snodgrass and Feghouli missed.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Randolph didn't really do anything wrong. Adrian is much better though.

I think Adrian would have been off his line for the first goal, whether that would have put pressure on Robertson or allowed him to save the shot we can't know.

Masuaku switched off for the second, I'd like to see him on the left wing, clearly a good dribbler, strong, good cross on him, pacey, would like to see him have a chance there.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Romford wrote:We wouldn't have lost that game if Reid was playing...IMHO of course
Impossible to say obviously but we've let in hatfuls of goals on Reid's watch too. My overall point is that we need to take a long hard look at every part of the defensive unit and not just throw mud at the easiest target.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

James P wrote:
Impossible to say obviously but we've let in hatfuls of goals on Reid's watch too. My overall point is that we need to take a long hard look at every part of the defensive unit and not just throw mud at the easiest target.

I agree...Fonte?Ried wasn't working.

The full backs and midfield don't help though
@dave_boy
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by @dave_boy »

Odd day out on Saturday, not without its incidences and funny aspects.

The match: we had to keep them quiet after the break. Everyone knew what was coming at half time. Overall, there were too many lazy performances and if you concede 2/3 goals every week, then you won’t win too many games.

Odd incidence #1: the two chaps in their 40s/50s directly in front of me ejected from the ground for bringing beer back to their seats. Quite odd that stewards were not stopping people from walking to the seats with beer and I’m not too sure if there was signage instructing spectators against this. It all seemed a bit over the top; I tried to speak with the stewards to no avail.

Odd incidence #2: Hull’s wannabe hooligans wishing us a fond farewell as we walked past a set of home turnstiles. Poorly managed by the police. Many of the wannabes were teenagers, so we didn’t feel too threatened, but it would be different if we had kids with us.

Funny aspect: Our “full kit w**ker “dressed in goalkeeper kit along with foam hands. We spoke to him as we left. Fair play to him for being up for a laugh. Glad I wasn’t sat behind him though!

The upsides: massive fish & chips for £4 and four pints of lager for £9. Loved the sunshine too. Who says it’s grim up North?

Onwards & upwards :crest:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Good to meet you mate...

I had a great time apart from the football and found the native brilliant.

The stewards were also very good underneath with plenty of signs about going over a line where booze cannot be taken.

No sympathy here for people trying it on...
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Neither Randolph nor Adrian are quite good enough to be PL starting GK for a mid table team IMO. All GKs make errors but those two make a few too many. Adrian with his ill advised rushes of blood to the head and Randolph not commanding his area, especially at crosses. We have managed to get away with it most of the time and one would make a decent back up keeper but we need better and that may cost money, unlike Adrian and Randolph who were free signings. You can only go to the free signing well so many times.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Kialos wrote:Neither Randolph nor Adrian are quite good enough to be PL starting GK for a mid table team IMO. All GKs make errors but those two make a few too many. Adrian with his ill advised rushes of blood to the head and Randolph not commanding his area, especially at crosses. We have managed to get away with it most of the time and one would make a decent back up keeper but we need better and that may cost money, unlike Adrian and Randolph who were free signings. You can only go to the free signing well so many times.
We should hang that up in Sulli's office
@dave_boy
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by @dave_boy »

Romford wrote:Good to meet you mate...

I had a great time apart from the football and found the native brilliant.

The stewards were also very good underneath with plenty of signs about going over a line where booze cannot be taken.

No sympathy here for people trying it on...
Fair enough.

Good to meet you too :thup:
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

Another goal conceded from a near post corner. They used to mop those up for fun every week.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Randy is an accident waiting to happen.

Just one occaision from Saturday when he took a touch from a pass from one of the defenders and instead of punting it up, he tries to do something fancy and nearly gives away the ball in a very dangerous area.

Looks fidgety to me, bring back Adrian!
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

roblo wrote:Another goal conceded from a near post corner. They used to mop those up for fun every week.

Carlton did !

Was surprised the Captain wasn't positioned there tbh
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

An unfortunate line up I feel .

O.K. Only one DM "We'll score more than you" might have worked if three of the four attacking players supporting had more than an ounce of quality between them.But to expect just Kouyate to shore up THAT defense was naive. Though Wily was impressive in the first half.

Surely Kouyate/Noble should have been the starters at the expense of one of the liabilities in front of them.