Arsenal 3-0 West Ham Utd (05/04/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

europeanscum

Re: Arsenal vs West Ham United Match Thread

Post by europeanscum »

Thought the support were great last night, as usual.

I was impressed by Byram, thought he gave a solid showing for the majority of the game. Wasn't afraid to get stuck in either. Thought he kept Monreal and Sanchez in check down that side.

Antonio looked decent too before he got hooked off, seems to draw fouls from everyone.

Masuaku was ok, seems to be more forward minded though which isn't handy.

We lack so much up top, theres barely any movement, no desire to counter at pace. When someone does pick up the ball they find themselves completely isolated with Carroll out on the wing somewhere and Ayew at the burger van.

How the f*** Ayew commanded that transfer fee is beyond me. Zero desire to track back or even fly forward.

Meh.

The away fans made the best of a bad situation tho, enjoyed it.
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

hadleighhammer wrote:I thought we did alright. Was their 1st a handball? I was sure it was but I'd had a few and opposite end of ground.

Far more embarrassed about the little Green Street wannabe youtube ***** at the end. Running up to the Arse fans knowing their stewards there and segregation so no chance of anything yet still trying act hard throwing some coffee bean signs with their mates recording it for youtube as if it some result.

Embarssing some the young twats we got now, can act well hard with a fence and a steward in they way but I bet **** it it if it got more lively. Got plenty smashed back when I was that age but knew my place and was never that much of a massive ****. Bring back full price tickets I reckon.
This
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

hadleighhammer wrote:Far more embarrassed about the little Green Street wannabe youtube ***** at the end. Running up to the Arse fans knowing their stewards there and segregation so no chance of anything yet still trying act hard throwing some coffee bean signs with their mates recording it for youtube as if it some result.

Embarssing some the young twats we got now, can act well hard with a fence and a steward in they way but I bet **** it it if it got more lively. Got plenty smashed back when I was that age but knew my place and was never that much of a massive ****. Bring back full price tickets I reckon.

Very true.

Looking at those involved, they've taken our move to 'Acne to literally
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

There is no point dwelling on last nights result, it was always a big ask and especially the way we are playing the outcome was likely. It all comes down to Saturday, as was the case before the game kicked off last night. If we can get ourselves 8 points ahead of Swansea that should be almost enough for us to draw the curtain on a **** season i would rather forget about.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Not an unexpected results, and I was really pleased with how we set about for that first hour or so. It's clear we've got massive confidence issues - we were fine up until the first goal went in, and then that was it. Heads went down and Arsenal could have played at a walking pace and still got through us. Last season one of our main selling points was that even at 1-0 down we still kept going and pushed on, trying to get back into the game. This season it looks like we're just resigned to defeat the moment a goal goes in.

Swansea and Sunderland now massive games. Win both and we're likely safe. Win one and it's in the balance. Win neither and we'll be right in the scrap.
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

hadleighhammer wrote:Far more embarrassed about the little Green Street wannabe youtube ***** at the end. Running up to the Arse fans knowing their stewards there and segregation so no chance of anything yet still trying act hard throwing some coffee bean signs with their mates recording it for youtube as if it some result.

Agree, some of the s*** I heard coming from the pre-pubescent GSE in the pub before the game was embarrassing. I think a lot of these lot can't really gauge the difference between passion and aggression, its a thin line, but they are way off.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

First half we looked pretty good I thought. Competitive. Then Rudolph makes a howler (again) and the wheels come off. How very predictable...
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

For a deluded 44 minutes I thought 'you know what, we're going to get at least a point here'. That opening 45 very much mirrored last season. We didn't create much, but didn't look under any threat at all.

Like Kouyate's opener last season, we needed to capitlise from set pieces and put them on the back foot. Sadly this never looked like an option.Carroll was well marshaled by their back pair and the delivery on our rare forays forward was at best awful.

It was a case of first goal wins. Sadly once we lost the attacking outlet of Antonio we knew that it wouldn't be us getting the goal. And as per usual, once we conceded, heads drop, play becomes even more scrappy and we eventually cave further,

Only things to add for me is that the Carroll sub was strange, I can only imagine he Slav wants him saved for his bunnies on Saturday. Sakho looks overweight as well as clueless. As for Randolph. I think I had more faith in Allen McKnight.

Still good to spend the best part of the evening with Mozza and also to see Phil S and Big George
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

europeanscum wrote:Thought the support were great last night, as usual.

I was impressed by Byram, thought he gave a solid showing for the majority of the game. Wasn't afraid to get stuck in either. Thought he kept Monreal and Sanchez in check down that side.

Antonio looked decent too before he got hooked off, seems to draw fouls from everyone.

Masuaku was ok, seems to be more forward minded though which isn't handy.

We lack so much up top, theres barely any movement, no desire to counter at pace. When someone does pick up the ball they find themselves completely isolated with Carroll out on the wing somewhere and Ayew at the burger van.

How the **** Ayew commanded that transfer fee is beyond me. Zero desire to track back or even fly forward.

Meh.

The away fans made the best of a bad situation tho, enjoyed it.
Bryam did his best. Got stuck in and to be honest should have been sent off and had a penalty awarded against him but at least he had a go.

Antonio stretched them and they breathed a sigh of relief when he went off for Snodgrass to half heartedly lumber about.

No threat from Ayew and his ever expanding arse and Snodgrass on the other side. 30 million for that pair. Christ.
Last edited by smuts on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Everyone was going on about Ayew the other day....
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

Romford wrote:Everyone was going on about Ayew the other day....
I'm not sure what his position is, what his role is....i don't think he does either. Always seems to be 30 yards from goal and doesn't have the pace or trickery to do anything from there.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Forgot to say, but I thought Masuaku looked good last night. Put himself about a bit, made a few tackles and a good couple of forward runs. Actually quite happy with both full backs last night.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Ayew needs to be played up front, not out wide
It is as simple as that
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Ayew needs to be played up front, not out wide
It is as simple as that
I haven't seen anything to see he can do anything upfront on his own...
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Masuaku could be a naughty LM/Winger. I like the suggestions of Cresswell behind him, reckon he'd be a massive improvement on Snodgrass out wide.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Romford wrote:Everyone was going on about Ayew the other day....
Barely noticed him.

Noticed Carroll out on the wing putting a cross in during the first half to no one and Ayew arrived about 10 seconds later.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Ayew needs to be played up front, not out wide
It is as simple as that
Yep, and FFS give Adrian a shout next.

I had Arsenal 3-0 on a bet, it was written for me before a ball was kicked, even though we done better in the first half than I thought we would have, with our confidence shot to pieces. Onwards and upwards, at least we some "real" six pointers coming up, can't say this part of the season will be boring for us :lol:
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Romford wrote:
I haven't seen anything to see he can do anything upfront on his own...
He certainly gave us the runaround least season playing up front on his own

Anyway, i didn't say he had to play up top on his own, he could play as a 2nd striker

What is pointless is playing him on the wing
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

DDHammer wrote:Masuaku could be a naughty LM/Winger. I like the suggestions of Cresswell behind him, reckon he'd be a massive improvement on Snodgrass out wide.
Like that proposition mate.

Doubt Slav will make the changes though.

Right wing looks dead week though.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Adrian
Byram, Reid, Kouyate, Cresswell
Obiang, Noble
Antonio, Lanzini, Masuaku
Carroll/Ayew

Probably our best line-up if everyone was fit.