Arsenal 3-0 West Ham Utd (05/04/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Re: Arsenal vs West Ham United Match Thread

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

why take carrol off last night - thought ayew was proper pony
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

I've not watched the highlights. I'm not sure I want to.

I'm continually finding myself disinterested in this ****. The players don't seem to care, why should I? It's just continually giving me the hump following this shower of **** club.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

b*llocks that was painful.

good for half an hour, but we invited more and more pressure at the end of the first half, and that continued into the second half.

we didn't "defend well until we've conceded" (welbeck missed a couple of sitters if i remember correctly) and even if randy didn't f*** up, they would most probably have scored anyway.

we weren't able to keep the ball for more than 10 seconds, we weren't defending extremely well, we weren't dangerous on the break. when this happens, you need mass suicide from the opponent to get anything.

giroud would score against us even if he didn't play, the ****er!
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:His performances for Swansea are most relevant as those are when he has played in the Premiership. Not France.

Clearly he had a good season last year in the Premiership, and for a lot of that time, he was playing right up top
Transfermarkt says 18 games as a right winger last season, 4 on the left, and 2 as CAM. Not to mention a game at LM and one at CM.

7 games as a centre forward, spread out over the season. 6 goals and 3 assists, granted, is a great return in them. But it does not make him a permanent centre forward. The club span it as such because they needed to make good on their promise to invest there. But he's definitely a winger.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Summary from Gooner at work - "we were poor, you were dogshit - completely fell apart once we scored"
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Kludgehammer wrote:Summary from Gooner at work - "we were poor, you were dogshit - completely fell apart once we scored"

Forty five pages summed up in one sentence.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:why take carrol off last night - thought ayew was proper pony
Worried about his groin injury according to Claret & Hugh (I know...) he's an injury worry and they'll be desperate to get him on the pitch against Swansea.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

makes sense ^^

he was our only chance of scoring though
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:he was our only chance of scoring though
both our shots on target came after he was subbed though
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

warp wrote: both our shots on target came after he was subbed though
He had one blocked where he brought it down on his chest and it looked on target. I think that was from Snodgrass' one good ball in the last few weeks.

When Antonio didn't come out for the second half I knew we were ****ed. When he and Carroll play we've got a good chance of scoring, with neither of them we have none.

I agree he was being protected for Saturday when Slav knew the game was up. Christ, he's battered his body for us all over the pitch and it's amazing given his record he's not now recuperating in Holland somewhere.

We've got one good striker and one good winger. The rest of our forward line is completely pony.
warp

Post by warp »

^ of course carroll is our main goal threat, he's the only striker we have!

my point was, for all their (carroll & antonio) threat, we barely had a sniff at goal, and had our best chances when they both were off (other factors contributed to that, i know).
so he's not the only chance we have to score.

had they stayed on all game, i still doubt we would have gotten something from the game.
so i think the problem lies elsewhere.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:would certainly not be against giving a diamond formation a go. let's be honest. can't be much worse than what else we have at the moment

Nordveit at the base
Noble and Kouyate in the middle
Lanzini at the tip

Antonio and Ayew up front
I've seen Zola, Allardyce and Bilic all try Noble wide-ish in a diamond at some point. It's awful always.

In a diamond he either plays at the base or the tip, if he plays.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Anyone else notice that they change the flag bearers around depending on which way Arsenal are playing towards ?? Two behind one and only one fella behind the other

:lol:

What a truly laughable club....