Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Rasp »

The pie n mash we had in a cardboard box on Saturday I wouldn't feed to a hog... I don't think a hog would eat it either.
leveller

Post by leveller »

sanchoz wrote:In terms of the searches at the Olympic Stadium, they could take a leaf out of what they do elsewhere and what I saw Wednesday last week. There were designated bag search and female search turnstiles for getting into Ashburton Grove. Clearly identifiable by signs above the turnstiles. Replicating this at the Olympic Stadium would be a good start and its something that has been raised with the club.
It may have been the time I walked past or something but to be honest I thought Arsenal last week was the only place I've ever seen bigger queues to get in the home end than the OS. Every other ground in the country I've not noticed them doing 100% searches on home fans, they only usually do it on away fans and that's only because they automatically suspect away fans of being hooligans. I do doubt the effectiveness and proportionality of 100% searches at the OS and it does cause a delay getting into the ground and a further feeling of being processed like sheep, a bit like the attempts to herd us to and from the station. It's our security at stake but I'm not sure where we get an input as to the methods being used.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

bristolhammerfc wrote:
The coercion comes from the pre-sale promises about investment. The board promised we would 'move to the net level'.

You had a match day reserved seat at the Boleyn as did every other season ticket holder.

Playing devils advocate, they didn't say when we would reach the next level, or specifically what that next level would be. People have interpreted that in many different ways, with some, it seems expecting a Top 6 side immediately
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Let's be honest though, we're not currently towards the next level are we.
Crouchend_Hammer

James P wrote:Let's be honest though, we're not currently towards the next level are we.
Nope. This season has been disappointing for sure

But would people be moaning we hadn't reached the next level if we were comfortable in 9th place right now on about 45 points?
leveller

Post by leveller »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:But would people be moaning we hadn't reached the next level if we were comfortable in 9th place right now on about 45 points?
Maybe, but when we had the board throwing phrases around like "next level", "iconic UEFA Cat 4 world class stadium", "world class transport" what do you expect?
Crouchend_Hammer

leveller wrote: Maybe, but when we had the board throwing phrases around like "next level", "iconic UEFA Cat 4 world class stadium", "world class transport" what do you expect?
But the first and third ones are opinion, so cannot be proved or disproved. What does 'world class' transport even mean (if in fact they even did say that?)

I will be the first to admit the board have been guilty of hyperbole, but it has only been 9 months. Probably fairer to judge where we are five years down the line
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Almost just in front[/quote]

I was a few rows behind them
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Playing devils advocate, they didn't say when we would reach the next level, or specifically what that next level would be. People have interpreted that in many different ways, with some, it seems expecting a Top 6 side immediately
Within 7 years of them taking over :lol:
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

Come on, when they said the next level they didn't say in which direction that would be did they?
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

leveller wrote: Maybe, but when we had the board throwing phrases around like "next level", "iconic UEFA Cat 4 world class stadium", "world class transport" what do you expect?
You forgot the 'world class players for a world class stadium'
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Probably fairer to judge where we are five years down the line
Hopefully nature will have run its course for these two, given there age, so a warming thought :raver:
LJ 80

Post by LJ 80 »

I've just learnt a friend of mine has been given a long contract working as the Health and safety liasion for the stadiums transition between football and other modes (athletics/concerts etc)working for the primary contractor for the work.

It's early days as only just been confirmed but several things he has already confirmed are highly likely to happen:
1st 3 games next season will all be away for definate
The scaffolding is going to be moved by form of hovercraft (no idea I didn't ask further)
The cost of doing them is ALOT although he couldn't give a figure but alluded to the well quoted £millions being correct.

Don't know how much worth this will bring but will add what i can when I see him next.
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

Arsenal probably are starting to look over their shoulders (although not at us) so they sort of got that bit right.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Bristol Rugby are trialing this and it works brilliantly.

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/asht ... r-service/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Looks great. I imagine installing this sort of thing would be the decision of the stadium operators?
The Boleyn Hound

Post by The Boleyn Hound »

bristolhammerfc wrote:Bristol Rugby are trialing this and it works brilliantly.

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/asht ... r-service/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The serving process now takes the time needed to swap a piece of paper for your drinks".

:lol:

Bit like money then?
Iron George

Post by Iron George »

Coops wrote:Arsenal probably are starting to look over their shoulders (although not at us) so they sort of got that bit right.

Think it's more a case of Arsenal coming down to our level rather than us moving up to their (normal) level
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

It looks like crap security isn't just a LS problem.
https://www.facebook.com/FarPostFooty/v ... f=NEWSFEED
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Coops wrote:It looks like crap security isn't just a LS problem.
https://www.facebook.com/FarPostFooty/v ... f=NEWSFEED
Saw that on twitter,

Bournemouth fans Grassing up the fella or important enough to bring to the attention of Spurs !?