Sunderland 2-2 West Ham Utd (15/04/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

kevino
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Sunderland v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by kevino »

So, I was there today. Decent start and we were playing ok. For some strange reason we seemed to stop playing then gifted them an equaliser. Sunderland couldn't believe their luck. We then scored early second half and looked totally comfortable without dominating. We were bang average though and then the clown in goal f**** up again. Another 2 points tossed away.
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 142 likes

Post by Jon »

2012. West Ham 3 Chelsea 1.

Look at the team:

Jussi Jaaskelainen
20 Guy Demel
19 James Collins
2 Winston Reid
17 Joey O'Brien
5 James Tomkins 46'
16 Mark Noble 65'
32 Gary O'Neil 46'
4 Kevin Nolan (c)
7 Matthew Jarvis
9 Carlton Cole

Nothing special. The difference with this season is organisation. Coaching. Being well drilled. We finished 10th, Chelsea 3rd.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Jon, last game that same month; Reading 1 - WHUFC 0
Reading was relegated that season. And we could not even score a goal...
MrHammer73
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

Jon wrote:2012. West Ham 3 Chelsea 1.

Look at the team:

Jussi Jaaskelainen
20 Guy Demel
19 James Collins
2 Winston Reid
17 Joey O'Brien
5 James Tomkins 46'
16 Mark Noble 65'
32 Gary O'Neil 46'
4 Kevin Nolan (c)
7 Matthew Jarvis
9 Carlton Cole

Nothing special. The difference with this season is organisation. Coaching. Being well drilled. We finished 10th, Chelsea 3rd.
Seriously you want a BFS team again for West Ham? We could not wait to get rid of him because of the dire style of football. As usual, Sam biggest fan is himself and he talks himself to be a top, top manager.

Slav has his faults but tries to play football the right way and does not look for excuses when we lose/draw. This place has some short memories.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Didn't see the game but if Randolph cost us points again then then buck stops at Bilic for persisntantly picking him.

I've not got on Bilic's back at all this season but he will live and die by his decisions.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Just because some people are unhappy with Slav it doesn't mean they want BFS back. I haven't seen one post suggesting this.
kevino

Post by kevino »

Being honest though, right now this is a Championship team apart from Lanzini
Ingwe
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

BondsoBob wrote:Just because some people are unhappy with Slav it doesn't mean they want BFS back. I haven't seen one post suggesting this.
This.

But we do want a team coached to full fitness and having a plan.
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Just thought it was worth mentioning that Andy Carroll was outstanding today.

Well played, Big Man.
simon1982

Post by simon1982 »

arlhe wrote:Just thought it was worth mentioning that Andy Carroll was outstanding today.

Well played, Big Man.
Some neat touches and hold up play but the fella can't move. We will never progress with him leading the line
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

reckon this is the worst squad we have had for a while now - bring back Hartson and Kitson
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Extract from Slaven Speaks on the OS
“We were looking for three points and when you concede goals in that manner – for both of them – they are strange goals and you’re disappointed.

“It was a well taken goal from Borini and OK, you expect to clear the ball, but with our goalkeeper in that position, the ball dropped and unfortunately he couldn’t hold it.

“We aren’t pointing fingers. We are winning, losing, scoring and conceding goals as a team. We do it all as a team.”
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

A lot of it is still the same as last season 14 and with a couple of youngsters who'd normally be around it on loan deals at the minute.

The nucleus of the side is still decent, it just needs supplementing with 5 new genuine quality signings, not a reactionary overhaul to an indifferent challenging season. Some of the deadwood and new signing flops do need casting off though.
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 142 likes

Post by Jon »

Watching a Sam side was painful most of the time. Credit where it's due though. He knew how to defend.

I'm just shocked how poor Slav is at organising a team to defend. It's carnage. He has better resources than Sam yet I see no progress. We're on course to concede 65+ goals.
Gazzaloz
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Gazzaloz »

OFT wrote:Usual 5 live saturday for me only this time with the added 'bonus' of being the commentary game. As if it wasn't driving me mad enough listening to Russel Osman continually referring to Ayew as Jordan Ayew then old butterfingers chucks away the points yet again....

I'd like to think 'respect the point' but bleedin hell fire,I usually read most of the match thread when I get in but feck it, I can't be arsed today.
It was Leon Osman. That wrong name thing is so annoying!
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Gazzaloz wrote:
It was Leon Osman. That wrong name thing is so annoying!
:D
I'd like to say I did that on purpose but sadly I can't
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Colours never run wrote:This season, we couldn't even carry him. Last season was due to fantastic team ethic, above any one player.
-
And why was there a team ethic last year......because we had an outstanding player that raised confidence within the rest of the team......this year for one reason or another, that player didn't want to know, which clearly showed in our form.

He leaves and our form doesn't improve hence we are where we are in the league.

Admittedly we have a goal keeper who's confidence is shot to pieces and is dropping rick's week in week out....
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Not sure how to upload photos but watch carefully for Carroll exchanging looks with Ginge straight after the first goal......how to say 'you are ****ing kidding me' without moving your mouth
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Our form didn't improve the moment Payet left this season? I must have imagined those 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss immediately after we ****ed him off then, just coincidence. Evidence there he doesn't carry the team if ever there was, can be argued he was holding us back once his attitude went pair shaped. And like you touch on, Sadly Randolph since then has done his level best to chuck goals in our net gifting the opposition chance after chance.
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Colours never run wrote:Our form didn't improve the moment Payet left this season? I must have imagined those 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss immediately after we ****ed him off then, just coincidence. Evidence there he doesn't carry the team if ever there was, can be argued he was holding us back once his attitude went pair shaped. And like you touch on, Sadly Randolph since then has done his level best to chuck goals in our net gifting the opposition chance after chance.
-
Against Middlesborough, Palace, Soton, West Brom, Bournemouth and Leicester - most of who were also playing as badly or worse than us at the time.....we still haven't improved others have.

Anyway, this is off topic, so no more comment from me on 'that' player