Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Coops »

Pop Robson wrote:
Saw that on twitter,

Bournemouth fans Grassing up the fella or important enough to bring to the attention of Spurs !?
I think that it is important given the potential for a terrorist nut job to go in and do some damage. People are moaning about some of the stewarding at our place (with good reason) but this is just as bad.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

bristolhammerfc wrote:Bristol Rugby are trialing this and it works brilliantly.

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/asht ... r-service/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is a fantastic idea. Another idea could be to do something similar to what a lot of German teams and impliment a smart card that can be build into Season Tickets/Membership cards and also available to purchase/top up outside the stadium. These can also be topped up online aswell.

I think I still have my Schalke card from our preseason weekender a few yers ago.
Kitt the car

Post by Kitt the car »

Coops wrote:It looks like crap security isn't just a LS problem.
https://www.facebook.com/FarPostFooty/v ... f=NEWSFEED
Pop Robson wrote:
Saw that on twitter,

Bournemouth fans Grassing up the fella or important enough to bring to the attention of Spurs !?
Probably wrong to film it and post it on the internet but certainly a word to him/his line manager would be nessessary, especially with all the **** going down in the world.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Diogenes wrote:To be fair TPP, you appear to be one of the more erudite and consistent of those (and others) are referring to but I agree with Coops in that it can detract from priority items and acts as a magnet to those more vitriolic and less constructive that in turn loses any support of those who are perhaps more moderate in their views.
And that's why the likes of TPP are here to moderate. And a bloody good job they do too.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Kitt the car wrote:
This is a fantastic idea. Another idea could be to do something similar to what a lot of German teams and impliment a smart card that can be build into Season Tickets/Membership cards and also available to purchase/top up outside the stadium. These can also be topped up online aswell.

I think I still have my Schalke card from our preseason weekender a few yers ago.
Must say I really liked the set up at the Allianz for our friendly there... but they had a purpose made footballl stadium so the layout also helped with getting drink and food etc plus the tiered access and large gantries etc
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

[/quote]

Probably wrong to film it and post it on the internet but certainly a word to him/his line manager would be nessessary, especially with all the **** going down in the world.[/quote]

But are they looking for terrorists or anything 'football related'. At most grounds (including the Boleyn) only away fans are searched so one would assume the latter.
Most searches aren't as blatantly poor as this one but aren't enough to have a good chance of finding a concealed device. I've taken at least one bottle of water with cap on into every game this season. (I say at least one because sometimes I take a spare in case they find one!).
I asked a steward at the OS what he was looking for and he didn't know.
Kitt the car

Post by Kitt the car »

They shoud be looking for any of the prohibited items for the venue. That covers many things from knives/weapons to simple things such as flares/glass bottles

I was searched multiple times at the Boleyn (STBL) and more effieciently/effectively than at any time that I've been searched at the OS.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Originally the OS stewards were doing the old collar search, which I remember the old bill doing as a youth.

Wasn't that for concealed razor blades back into Teddy Boy days !!??
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I have no problem with the searches and would worry if we didnt have them at the OS. Like it or not it is more of a target than most grounds due to its worldwide reputation.
I have found the stewards searching to be fine. with 57000 people attending it is almost impossible to search everyone properly but at least they do a better job than the spurs idiot !
Coops

Post by Coops »

The last time I went they were doing a good job at the gate I went through. It was late and they were quick and efficient.
I have found them to be lacking in the past, maybe they have improved and are getting better instructions/training.
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

hammerman11 wrote:I have no problem with the searches and would worry if we didnt have them at the OS. Like it or not it is more of a target than most grounds due to its worldwide reputation.
I have found the stewards searching to be fine. with 57000 people attending it is almost impossible to search everyone properly but at least they do a better job than the spurs idiot !
I think they are a deterrent rather than an effective defence against the determined terrorist (or hooligan).
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

Pop Robson wrote:Originally the OS stewards were doing the old collar search, which I remember the old bill doing as a youth.

Wasn't that for concealed razor blades back into Teddy Boy days !!??
I look forward to them confiscating the laces from my DM's.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

mushy wrote: I look forward to them confiscating the laces from my DM's.
:lol:

Luton away is one I remember late 70's probably, straight from work on site with the 10 hole DM Steels on, never mind the laces they made you take off the bloody boots !!!!

Spilt tea on me foot and then stood on a still burning fag butt !!

Afterwards back in the police room re-claiming the boots, we were all having a chat whilst doing up the laces and the head copper comes in and goes "Whats this a ****ing mothers meeting get the f**k out"

Nowdays you stick your bottle top in your pocket or spare, back then it was normally a pair of laces !!!
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

they are looking for drugs mainly
griff123

Post by griff123 »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:they are looking for drugs mainly
they dont do a very good job then, have u seen the eyes on some of the people at our ground.... :P
fredjstanley

Post by fredjstanley »

griff123 wrote: they dont do a very good job then, have u seen the eyes on some of the people at our ground.... :P
I think that's just people at the back straining to see the pitch
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

What concerns me more is the amount of people on here almost begging to be searched
Coops

Post by Coops »

Boooogers! wrote:What concerns me more is the amount of people on here almost begging to be searched
It's the only excitement some of us get these days.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Do they only use the wands on ladies and kids ?

Not been wanded yet, what does it pick up, drugs or bottle tops ?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Pop Robson wrote:Do they only use the wands on ladies and kids ?

Not been wanded yet, what does it pick up, drugs or bottle tops ?
Metal I'd have thought?