Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by kayahammer »

pezza20 wrote:It's not an issue re Mark Noble .. it's more an issue that the club hasn't brought any youngsters through to the first team in 400 games .... and back slapping colleagues for basic defending doesn't make a great player, especially one that launches into tackles just outside the box and still has the inane propensity to pass sideways or backwards ....
Zola tried to bring a few through when he had no choice, but I think he genuinely believed they were good enough. So did I at the time.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Say what you like about upgrade in the summer but we clearly missed him yesterday
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Pop Robson wrote:Just seen this one WHO
Bit of a nonsense really given that he plays almost all our games.Image

In that season 2014/2015 we were W 4 D 2 L 2 in Noble's absence.

Since Slav turned up Nobes has missed the following;

29.11.15 WBA (h) 1-1

19.11.16 Spurs (a) 2-3
01.01.17 Man U (h) 0-2
18.03.17 Leicester (h) 2-3
01.04.17 Hull (a) 1-2
15.04.17 Sunderland (a) 2-2

Randolph's virtually chucked the ball in the net in three of those.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

That game was won, the result was entirely down to Randolph so unless Noble put on the keepers gloves how was he clearly missed?
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Kialos wrote:That game was won, the result was entirely down to Randolph so unless Noble put on the keepers gloves how was he clearly missed?
Randolph may well have been the architect of the goals Kialos but we struggled to hold on to the ball in midfield in my opinion. Fernandes clearly has a huge future ahead of him but didn't feel he had a good game yesterday. Irrespective of Randolph's two errors I think we would have won yesterday with Noble playing personally.
Longaz
Has liked: 1385 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

I think the inclusion of Adrian rather than Noble would have seen a different outcome. Sunderland didn't score because Fernandes was in Nobles position
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

He stands on the post every corner, so in that instance he would have had every chance of clearing that cross coming that hit the foot of the post and every chance he would have been in and around the box for the 2nd goal so it's not a forgone conclusion he wouldn't have had an impact in both scores scored.

But irrespective of that, it's what he offers in organising and leadership during the times we led that would have rubbed off on the rest of the team to keep their focus and shape. Why I say that, is the stats on the previous page without him are very telling. We clearly miss him when he's not there in the side no matter how much people would like to believe otherwise. He's the glue to our team and we tend to come unstuck easily when he's not on the pitch.

West Ham without Noble this season:

Played – 5
Won – 0
Drawn – 1
Lost – 4
Scored – 7
Conceded - 12

West Ham without Noble since January 2015:

Played – 9
Won – 0
Drawn – 3
Lost – 6
Scored – 10
Conceded - 18

If you want since that Leicester game in 2014:

Played – 11
Won – 0
Drawn – 3
Lost – 8
Scored – 11
Conceded - 22
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

You really must compare apples with apples.

The most recent Leicester (h), West Brom (h), Sunderland (a) and Spurs (a) results were the same without him as they were with him.

We lost to Man U - but played 75 minutes with 10 men. We haven't played Hull away under Bilic.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Nope, I'm reading in to the fact we had won f*** all games without him during his time out the side. Maybe it's just an uncanny coincidence. But for me, it tells me we miss him when he's not playing.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Colours never run wrote:Nope, I'm reading in to the fact we had won **** all games without him during his time out the side. Maybe it's just an uncanny coincidence. But for me, it tells me we miss him when he's not playing.
You're reading what you'd like to read, as per.

You have chosen to ignore the 4-2-2 record without him in 2014-2015.

5-2-2 up to the start of this season.

Then a string of results that are essentially the same with or without him against the same opposition.

I'm mainly of the opinion that those of you who think he's brilliant or absolute horseshit are stark raving mad TBH.
Colours never run

Nope, I'm reading exactly what is presented in front of me. We have missed him, especially as Captain during those periods. You want to interpret them differently and think we haven't missed him, that's your call.

As for thinking he's brilliant, I've never said he was but I do appreciate the value he offers us and call him out when he doesn't do as well, like many times this season to te point I wanted him dropped myself. Whereas the 'horseshit' brigade would just prefer to focus on believing just that regardless of when he does good I.e. The silence was deafening last season, yet couldn't be quick enough out of the blocks once he struggled to find early season form like most of the team.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

For the sake of brevity, we'll have to agree to disagree about the interpretation as I see nothing to suggest that his absence or presence causes any significant uplift or deterioration in team performance.

He's a steady eddie.

246 pages. God knows what it comes to if they dug up the old flog Noble thread. Image
Colours never run

I just wish managers would stop picking him and sold him so to put us all out of our misery once and for all. :raver:
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I just wish we had better players to play with him.
FrostyLemon

Post by FrostyLemon »

Maybe If Noble starts doing wacky stuff like steaming up after a game or running around doing pranks he can become an internet meme and then the fans will get off his back? Seemed to work for King Carlton and 'Monks' and they were both Chelsea and Spurs boys!
brooking_1980
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Mark32 wrote:If you want since that Leicester game in 2014:

Played – 11
Won – 0
Drawn – 3
Lost – 8
Scored – 11
Conceded - 22
That really is quite a streak, in 11 matches minus Noble, we didn't win one of them!!
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

NOBLE LOOKS BACK OVER HAMMERS CAREER ⚒
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Those stats don't really mean an awful lot though do they? We've also lost a lot of games where he's played. We've been crap a lot when he's played. We've recently had a run of 7 games without a win. How many of those did he play in? And since Obiang has got injured, we're bound to be weaker without Noble as we don't have anyone that plays that position. Fernandes certainly isn't that type of player. It's very easy to pull out stats to prove either side of the argument.

Edit: Just read back a little bit - I'm completely with Bubbles on this.
Colours never run

Not won 1 single game without him, Burnley. That alone says plenty.

If I was to analysis it a little further, during that period where we generally haven't struggled to score goals in games, we only managed on average a goal a game, yet conceded twice as many. 11 games is just over quarter of a season, so it's not like it's over 1 or 2 games without him, it's a significant chunk of time and you'd think we'd manage at least 1 win without 1 player who some would prefer to stay out of the starting line-up.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

But what about all the losses and poor performances when he's played. All the stats really show is that we can lose game with Noble playing, and we can win games with Noble playing. There's been a lot more games where he played than where he hasn't played, so it makes more sense to analyse the stats for the former. If he suddenly got a long term injury now and was out for a year, would you expect us to not win a single game in that time?