Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

SBB

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by SBB »

thejackhammer wrote:
Or they're waiting until our safety is assured.
Or its a load of premature old b*llocks like the last rumour
sosc67

Post by sosc67 »

SBB it could be total bull dust but there is a very strong unverified rumour that we have been approached who by and how much nobody knows.
SBB

Post by SBB »

sosc67 wrote:As of this year here are the top ten companies in Japan with real financial muscle
I've already made my feelings on the rumour known but out of curiosity, why would you think it would be a corporation from Japan rather than an individual or consortium of individuals.
Seems strange to me that you would think that a public or private business would have any interest in owning a largely speaking loss making liability
Last edited by SBB on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SBB

Post by SBB »

sosc67 wrote:SBB it could be total bull dust but there is a very strong unverified rumour that we have been approached who by and how much nobody knows.
As was the case last October with the middle eastern approach and recently with the apparently fictional Red Bull approach.

How is this different? The only real anomaly this time was the speed of sullys denial which many industry analysts have suggested could be part of a large 'spin' behind t scenes.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Fishdo wrote:Surely what buggered up the original purchase of the OS was the court case that the spuds and Os took the deal to..

Originally we were going to be leaseholders and that was agreed but with the appeal by spuds and Os that agreement was torn up and forced us to become tenants ....
if Spurs and Orient hadn't taken that action what position would we be in now with the athletic stadium?
would it had been ours and the track removed? or ours still as it sits now but we just have a little more control over food and other bits but ultimately a bodge it miles from the pitch?
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Ben wrote: if Spurs and Orient hadn't taken that action what position would we be in now with the athletic stadium?
would it had been ours and the track removed? or ours still as it sits now but we just have a little more control over food and other bits but ultimately a bodge it miles from the pitch?
Yep

If you sit 10-15 rows back currently behind the goals and it rains, you will get wet. Retractable seating with our current roof would be a non-starter
onestuartslater
Total likes: 1 like

Post by onestuartslater »

So people are excited that we will get the soul of the club back with Japanese/Middle East owners? You really could not be further from the truth.
MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

onestuartslater wrote:So people are excited that we will get the soul of the club back with Japanese/Middle East owners? You really could not be further from the truth.
Soul... not sure how you would describe that, I mean we are never getting the Boleyn back and the memories that were.

Can we get our identity and spirit back.... Yes

Treating the fans with respect, investing in oppose to raping the club and stop the lies will go a long way

Man City, Chelsea and Leicester are all foreign owned but do more for their fans the our current lot

It's the self proclaimed "West Ham" fans that currently own us that try to get one over on us at every opportunity, try to get every last penny out of us with giving a little as possible back and do everything on the cheap

Ours pretty much won't do a thing for us if it costs them money and will try and worm any form of benefit away from us.

Owners investing in the team AND fans can bring much of the old West Ham spirit back

Ours treat us like customers asking for a refund on a used dildo not as football fans
Last edited by Up the Junction on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by moderator.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Well said HD.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

this treated like customers line is a bit off.

you have to treat customers well or they bugger off somewhere else.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Beavis Danzig wrote:this treated like customers line is a bit off.

Good point.

I guess they are more like a dealer who knows they are the only supplier so can offer an inferior bag of skag for the same price. Or a higher price.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

that's more apt.

they've sold the cosy little flat we all used to shoot up in and hired a bouncy castle in siberia.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

Beavis Danzig wrote:this treated like customers line is a bit off.

That's the point though

At the Boleyn they could get away with it as no matter what there would be 20k always renewing

I think they no longer have that luxury which means that the should be treating us better

They appear to be getting worse, more out of touch, and trying to almost steal every last penny out of us

It's going to come back and bite them on the arse sooner or later
onestuartslater

That's a good reply MD and I see your view.

I had a look at the first full season of the new Man City ownership, where money was spent on players such as Robinho (£32.5m) and Jo (£12m) - these were big numbers in 2008. You can then go on to the likes of Rodwell, Maicon and Natastic to name but a few. You could argue these are the Feghoulis and Nordveidts of our current crop. Perhaps Payet and Lanzini are our Agueros and Silvas for our level.

I guess my point is no one gets this wholly right, not first time, and not years later. There's a lot of criticism about our transfers but everyone, both the owners and manager are trying to get it right, does not mean they always will.

Leicester I think were a black swan, a freak event that probably won't be replicated in our generation. I'm also not comfortable of sacking the man who achieved it because of back room politics. Yes Shakespeare is enjoying the bounce, let's review that when things go wrong.

Spurs (you didn't cite them, but they are a good example at the moment) even up to the start of this season, fans hated Levy (some still do) and it's again taken a number of years to get to the level they are currently at, and they still have a long way to go, from a European perspective at least.

I don't know, there just seems to be a lot of anger towards the board and I don't think all of it is justified. My season ticket is a reasonable 500 quid and I don't pay for anything else at the stadium. I don't feel I'm being screwed for every penny at all. I loved the Boleyn like everyone else, but I can also see how the Olympic is the platform for success, if not the reason for it happening.

I'm not seeing how turning our stadium into the Emirates and pre season tours to the far east will exactly give us the feel good factor back...
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

onestuartslater wrote: I don't know, there just seems to be a lot of anger towards the board and I don't think all of it is justified. My season ticket is a reasonable 500 quid and I don't pay for anything else at the stadium. I don't feel I'm being screwed for every penny at all. I loved the Boleyn like everyone else, but I can also see how the Olympic is the platform for success, if not the reason for it happening.

I'm not seeing how turning our stadium into the Emirates and pre season tours to the far east will exactly give us the feel good factor back...
Well I had to upgrade to a 1966 seat to get anything like a comparable view as they messed up migration by not counting season ticket years and letting people bring along "plus 2's" so I am paying £1100 for my seat, more than at the Boleyn.

I paid £50 for my seat for a friendly and then they continued with these silly prices until people stopped buying them before bringing them down. (Having previously just had the same prices for all)

They were selling our plastic seats complete with bird **** in a box for £50

I think whole blades of grass were going for about £50 as well if memory serves me right

They didn't want to honour our 20% discount

Ticket exchange/club cash fiasco

£10 off a new shirt if you have a Payet one after selling our best player, then reduce them a couple of weeks later anyway

I think voting against cheap away tickets?

Spending of the away fans fund

I'm sure I must of missed a few more...

Meanwhile at other clubs...

Free away coaches

Cheap chartered trains for away games

Decent membership/season ticket packs... Not sure if it was this season but Spurs got season ticket in a box with a scarf and other bits.

Other free items given to fans at games... didn't Leicester's just give them a free pie and pint on his birthday or something like that?

I'm sure other posters know of more things happening at other clubs that don't happen with us... I've just reeled off the things that spring to mind here

It's about goodwill, respect and being treated like fans
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1790 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

^^^ I agree with what you say, but Brady is concerned purely with the bottom line. If she can sell out every game without giving away stuff, why would she 'waste' money on freebies for the customers, for that is how she sees us?
onestuartslater

I have my seat from the Boleyn too, there was no bird crap and considering the prices that things went for in the auction, it was a relative bargain.

My ticket at the Olympicis a few hundred cheaper than my Boleyn one. Not only that but I didn't secure until 6 months after I was first offered an appointment, i could have probably got a better one. I sympathise with you, but I guess some have lost and some have gained.

The cheap away tickets was by secret ballot so unless there is some ITK, I'm not sure that was the case, though can't obviously say either way.

No one was forced to exchange their Payet shirt, it was a promotion brought forward, i don't see how that is greedy?

Leicester did giveaway a free beer, not seen any other examples of this behaviour. It's a nice gesture, but again, I don't see NOT doing it as a sign they are greedy.

On the away trains stuff, yes, a fair point. I've not had to ticket trade, so not had experience of that.

I just think this utopia of a new board who will shower us with gifts, travel and Ronaldo is exactly that, a utopia.....
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:^^^ I agree with what you say, but Brady is concerned purely with the bottom line. If she can sell out every game without giving away stuff, why would she 'waste' money on freebies for the customers, for that is how she sees us?

Which is her job to a degree, however her bosses should be reigning her in for damaging their brand and investment
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

Since when has anyone ever supported West Ham for the "perks".

If anyone wants free swag go check out an hockey game in Canada... the only time the crowd get excited is when a guy dressed up in a funny costume catapults t shirts and ball caps into the audience.

They have good popcorn too.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

I think most would settle for a decent view and a club with a clear plan and something to be excited about.

As season ticket holder I had a free scarf once can't remember why