Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Yea Why Not wrote: Very good shot stopper but the way he makes a meal out of simple situations is my major gripe with him and always has been. For me a keeper should be a simple player, not a flair player. Ben Foster is an example of a solid keeper in my personal opinion
In best Maximus Decimus Meridius voice - ' Are You Not Entertained ??? ' .

Adrian has given the players around him confidence to play their own game , it's no coincidence that we're performing better since his return as Goalkeeper .
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

The team looks much more confident with him in goal.

He also makes saves that Randolph never could. At times it's incredibly unorthodox but it works. More commanding, more confident, a better distributor and communicator.

He's not perfect but he's a damm good keeper. Hes paid his dues for the early season errors, come back and grabbed his chance.

The difference he makes to the team is there for all to see
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
In best Maximus Decimus Meridius voice - ' Are You Not Entertained ??? ' .

Adrian has given the players around him confidence to play their own game , it's no coincidence that we're performing better since his return as Goalkeeper .
I guess we'll never actually know if Adrian's return has made a real difference as it coincided with us going 5 at the back. We're more solid since then for sure but are also less potent going forward. Personally I'm not sure that formation is a long term solution but should get us over the line this season. Same goes for Adrian

And yea, he is entertaining but again, is that a trait that should be associated with a goalie?! :D
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Sun May 07, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

He looks obsessed about trying to stop a goal going in and gets himself wound up when we do. It visibly bothers him. Whereas with Randolph who nonchalantly chews his gum gives off an air he's much less bothered. That might not be true but its the impression I get when I compare the two.
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

Rio wrote:The team looks much more confident with him in goal.

He also makes saves that Randolph never could. At times it's incredibly unorthodox but it works. More commanding, more confident, a better distributor and communicator.

He's not perfect but he's a damm good keeper. Hes paid his dues for the early season errors, come back and grabbed his chance.

Exactly.
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

You can't help but love the joker. :D
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I will never get. Bored of seeing that pose. He's definitely a West Ham piss taker. Seeing that flash up on the giant big screens at the time made me die laughing. :lol:
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

6 clean sheets in 14 league games. I tell you what, we've not done badly for clean sheets this season given our league position and how bad we've been at times, 10 in 36 games is pretty impressive, if we can add 5 more to that next season we're finishing 7th.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

A lot of West Ham fans understand how good he actually is, but some just underrate him so much. I wouldn't swap him for any keeper in the league, he is West Ham.
bowltorious
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Hopefully his contract issues or whatever it was can be resolved as if he stays it saves us 10-15 mil in not having to buy a new keeper. Always seen him as in the top 10 keepers in the league.
Jumby
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Only De Gea is better.

Cech, Foster, Robles, Bravo and Mignolet aren't as good.

Schmeichel, Heaton and Lloris are on par with El Matador.

:scarfer:
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1954 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

miles wrote:Image

You can't help but love the joker. :D
I'm pretty sure that every other keeper in the league would throw a paddy if they had to wear that shocking kit. Adrian though, you know he's all like "Si si si, a Tigger onesie, theees eees gonna be a fuuuuun party".
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

He's had more clean sheets than a virgin bride and her erectile dysfunctional groom on their honeymoon
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Rio wrote:The team looks much more confident with him in goal.

This in a nutshell
steveherts66

Post by steveherts66 »

A nutter who seems like a stand up guy who puts in some excellent performances in big games.... how West Ham is that!
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Have so much respect for Adrian, will a better offer tempt him or will he think its time to return home and end on a high! while we will look at who? no way does Randolph have the same control both with his defence and handling the goal mouth!
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

Love the bloke,really hope he stays for a long time, Slav's biggest mistake, leaving him out for so long
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Rio wrote:The difference he makes to the team is there for all to see
Can we be sure it's not down to Jonathan Calleri's introduction to the first XI?
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

bowltorious wrote:Hopefully his contract issues or whatever it was can be resolved as if he stays it saves us 10-15 mil in not having to buy a new keeper. Always seen him as in the top 10 keepers in the league.
Contract Issue? As I understood it, if we wanted to extend his contract we just had to say so. And we did.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

LeonRivers wrote: Can we be sure it's not down to Jonathan Calleri's introduction to the first XI?
He's certainly part of the equation , Leon - as is Adrian , as is the return of the Back 5 .

It would seem that we fell into using Jonathan by accident or the inevitability of Andy Carroll becoming injured once more , his selfless running and closing down of defenders is just one reason why we beat Tottenham - Ayew was equally as impressive in that department - also the deployment of 3 West Ham whenever a Tottenham player got the ball - it's how Barcelona work , they hunt in packs , play as a team while defending and going forward , it's simple but it does require a certain level of fitness .
The whole team were immense on Friday night - from Adrian to Calleri , each played their part magnificently .