Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Nesticles

Re: Boxing thread

Post by Nesticles »

Chavez Jr trainer said he was worried to let his hands go, as everytime he looked to throw Canelo was tagging him with several punches at a time

GGG doesn't box similar to any of the fighters who have troubled Canelo (Lara, Trout, Mayweather). Will be fascinating to see them fight each other.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I honestly think GGG will have too much for Alvarez. I hope so too, Alvarez ditched a belt to avoid GGG, then went up to 164.5 to fight a forgotten man.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Whyte vs Wach is off, I'm guessing ticket sales as no one Whyte even does 5k at the 02, think Hearn totally miscalculated this one
twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Post by twixy »

fmgod wrote:Whyte vs Wach is off, I'm guessing ticket sales as no one Whyte even does 5k at the 02, think Hearn totally miscalculated this one
Chisora Helenius called off the same day. Rumor is Degale v Smith in july, Whyte Chisora rematch on the undercard. Perfect opportunity for yet another PPV....
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Really like Whyte, but there is probably only a handful of opponents he could headline a card against at the O2. Not surprised at all they pulled the plug on it.

Despite my hatred for Sky Boxing PPV's, getting together with mates next week for a few beers and the Brook v Spence fight. A really good 50/50 fight, and Groves v Chudinov on the undercard too will be a good watch.

The Frank Warren show on BT Sport/BoxNation on the weekend just gone came across really well, the fights failed to deliver but overall it seemed a lot better run than his previous shows. He has a good opportunity again this weekend with Gervonta Davis and Liam Walsh to deliver a good show.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I'd love Walsh to win and wipe the smug grins off of their faces.
twixy

Post by twixy »

Agree with that Nesty, good to see Dempsey back on the box, not afraid to ask the important questions. Although the scoring and commentary of the Warrington fight was poor, Kiko won it IMO. 116-112 are shocking cards. Selby will bash Warrington up quite badly if they fight,
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Floyd vs McGregor moves one step closer it seems as McGregor has signed the contract for the fight apparantely

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/8 ... ng+Feed%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Slacking student wrote:Floyd vs McGregor moves one step closer it seems as McGregor has signed the contract for the fight apparantely

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/8 ... ng+Feed%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This makes sense purely from a money point of view granted but is in danger of becoming a bit WWE isn't it?

As a contest, what is the point here?

I'd be genuinely surprised if McGregor can actually lay a glove on him.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Mcgregor is saying, Mayweather has said nothing, reckon it's just McGregor mouthing off as he is desperate for the fight as MMA pays a pittance to elite boxing
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Having seen YouTube videos of McGregor sparring boxers at Tony Jeffries gym in LA, it's an absolute farce if this goes ahead.

At a time in boxing when the right fights are getting made and the best seem to want the fight the best more, this fight getting made would be a step backwards for the sport
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I don't think the Lee Selby and Warrington fight will ever happen, the latter is a pussy who would only take the fight if it was in Leeds and a few years down the line, I don't like Warrington.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Nesticles wrote:Having seen YouTube videos of McGregor sparring boxers at Tony Jeffries gym in LA, it's an absolute farce if this goes ahead.

At a time in boxing when the right fights are getting made and the best seem to want the fight the best more, this fight getting made would be a step backwards for the sport
I saw Mikey Garcia say that if.Mayweather fight doesn't come off, he would happily fill Mcgrgors face in for him.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

White Goodman wrote:I saw Mikey Garcia say that if.Mayweather fight doesn't come off, he would happily fill Mcgrgors face in for him.
Garcia is a class act, 3 weight world champion

McGregor can obviously hype/sell an event, but the idea of people paying $50/£20 (the average US and UK PPV fees) to watch him fight a pro boxer has to be a joke
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Davis had too much for Walsh, that said Walsh didn't give a good account of himself. Sammy 'The Hammer' McNess won again, 7-0 now :)
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

Andre Dirrell was hit just after the bell and his opponent was disqualified, then Dirrell's uncle got in the ring and sucker punched Uzcategui and is now wanted by the police. For me the punch was not that far after the bell as he was already in the middle of a 3 punch combo and Dirrell was already hurt by the first 2 punches, he saw a way out and pretended he was hurt worse than he was.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Utter scum, just see it on Twitter, he took one for the team there has his uncle.
hudds town hammer

Post by hudds town hammer »

if McGregor and mayweather do fight it should be held in a circus big top because thats all it is ( a circus act ) how can someone who is not a professional boxer just expect to just decide he wants to fight aguably one of the best boxers in the world ?

what about all the boxers who have been wanting to fight mayweather for the last few years ?

what can McGregor do that hatton manny pacquiao carnelo and everyone else couldnt ?

lomachenko has said he will fight mcgreagor with anything goes, now that would be worth watching
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Shannon Briggs has failed a urine test for dramatically elevated levels of testosterone, #BriggsOquendo will likely be cancelled, per ESPN.

Not surprising
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

I liken the mayweather Situation to Man United challenging The Wasps to a football match. Absolutely no point. Everyone knows the result before the bell rings. Its a farce. I'm a mayweather fan but this just adds to the list of his easy no risk wins that he has been taking pretty much ever since he beat Canelo