Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

hope he stays

we look a different team with him between the sticks
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

I hope he stays too. Same with Randolph. Both are decent but can have dips in form, So long as this is recognised quicker and the other one bought in to freshen it up I think it can work.During the last switch I though Randolph was given too many chances before the trigger was pulled. We need all the money we can spent on other areas of the squad.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 848 likes
Total likes: 822 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

The return of Adrian along with Ginger Pele and the Maori Warrior since Everton game has resulted in 3 clean sheets. This is not a coincidence.

Adrian brings more to the table than just his goalkeeping - he is very vocal and knows how to organise those in front of him, he is so much better than Randolph and I am more than happy for him to be our first choice for the foreseeable - Randolph however, isn't even good enough as a back up and he needs replacing.
sutts07
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 538 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Surely he is the better keeper out of himself, Randolph and Pickford... we have to keep him...???
swash
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 190 likes

Post by swash »

Has signed a contract extension :scarfer:

Great news, relieved he hasn't thrown his toys out, over being left out for so long
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Forgive my ignorance but isn't us activating the extension clause a one sided thing, not so much HIM willingly signing another contract. Whether he wants to stay hear or not has no bearing on that?

It was the right thing to do, in any event.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

swash wrote:Has signed a contract extension :scarfer:
This is the best news ever, viva Adrián San Miguel del Castillo
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Hayden wrote:Forgive my ignorance but isn't us activating the extension clause a one sided thing, not so much HIM willingly signing another contract. Whether he wants to stay hear or not has no bearing on that?

It was the right thing to do, in any event.
Slightly concerned about this as well.... no quotes from Adrian about signing for another year (yet)

Could be activating it to ensure we get a fee... either way it's the right decision

Just hope he is staying to play...
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

swash wrote:Has signed a contract extension :scarfer:

Great news, relieved he hasn't thrown his toys out, over being left out for so long
Sounds more like the club have taken up the clause to extend his contract which they'd obviously do if they wanted him or not.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 743 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

great news and clearly our number one. made some great saves recently. couldnt be blamed against the scouse as he was the only one not on the beach !

Hopefully he starts well as the rest of the team next season and we upgrade his new contract .

rathjer have adrian than hart !

True hammer with passion and skill. great relationship with the fans.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

hammerman11 wrote:great news and clearly our number one. made some great saves recently. couldnt be blamed against the scouse as he was the only one not on the beach !

Hopefully he starts well as the rest of the team next season and we upgrade his new contract .

rathjer have adrian than hart !

True hammer with passion and skill. great relationship with the fans.
100% agree :thup:

Least that's one position sorted for next season. Randolph starts his new job with Uber at the beginning of July, so we need a decent no2 to keep Adrian on his toes.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1042 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

I can still see Randolph being on his way and a new keeper coming in as the top dog

This has hardly been played up by the club like a new signing...more like a bit of admin done

I like Adrian as a character and he can pull out amazing performances at times but I don't believe he is a good communicator with his backline and I just don't think people trust him
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

There are lots of good goalkeepers around at the moment - many of them capable of brilliant saves, good with their feet, good on crosses, good communicators/motivators, good team players and so on

But very few of them are 100% perfect, never make mistakes, never flap and all that

So I see Adrian in that way - he does plenty of things really well, but isn't 100% perfect.
But the thing is that anyone we replaced him with wouldn't be perfect anyway.

So - let's keep Adrian, with Randy as his back up and save the huge amount of money a Joe Hart or a Jordan Pickford would cost us to invest in some quality outfield players

That's what we need this summer
hammer1975
Has liked: 927 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Good that the contract has been extended but I can't shake the feeling that a bit of his West Ham fire has gone out - am I the only one? He seems to have been less showman on the pitch (which may be a positive), less instagram or twitter posts related to West Ham but loads of Spain related ones.

Much rather keep Adrian than Randolph and think a Randolph and Ruddy dream team at the end of our summer would be pretty worrying.
Everard
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Everard »

It's worrying that he appears to have been given another season as first choice keeper. I've no problem with him as second choice, but we need a better goalie. I'd break the bank for Pickford.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Adrian was good enough when we finished 7th, is better than Robles who finished 7th this season, and was named in the Spain squad earlier this season.

We do not NEED to spend big on a goalkeeper, we have much more pressing issues.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

thejackhammer wrote:Adrian was good enough when we finished 7th, is better than Robles who finished 7th this season, and was named in the Spain squad earlier this season.

We do not NEED to spend big on a goalkeeper, we have much more pressing issues.
We need a striker or two for sure. But providing Zabaleta is done, goalie is our next weakest position. Adrian was woeful at the beginning of last season and couldn't have been great in training considering how long Randy kept him out the side. It's definitely a position we could quite easily improve on and should be pretty high on our priority list imo
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1179 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Nobody spends big on keepers except the very elite.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Yea Why Not wrote:Adrian was woeful at the beginning of last season and couldn't have been great in training considering how long Randy kept him out the side.
i think (based on pretty much nothing) that he didn't want to sign a new contract, so he's been benched as a result, and his contract extended to get a fee in the summer. we wouldn't have seen him playing again for us had randy not been fuckingawful.

prediction: he'll be off, randy stays, we'll try hart, we'll try pickford, and end up with ruddy.

:raver:

i'd like begovic or vorm as new number one (not sure how feasible they are though) and adrian as back up.

if adrian stays, we should still replace randy with someone better.

and since we're at it, hart is worse than adrian and on four times the money probably, i haven't seen much of pickford but his price will suffer for englishness inflation no doubt.
rciron
Has liked: 295 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

F*ck Hart, Pickford, Ruddy Adrian is our No1 now we got Zaba, let's sort a striker, 'reinforce weak Areas with quality, sit back and enjoy the ride , simples :D