West Ham Utd 1-0 Tottenham (05/05/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Tottenham: match thread

Post by OFT »

Up the Junction wrote:West Ham 1-0 Spurs (And Other Ramblings) (@TheHList)
http://kumb.com/article.php?id=3961
Really enjoyed reading that, cracking stuff. :thup:
Le Rascal de Boleyn
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Le Rascal de Boleyn »

Post-match punditry

Thought the comments were pretty fair to be honest. Obviously Pards will always talk well of us but Redknapp was fair.

Also think Henry is always straight down the line and made a lot of good points. "One thing I have to say is you have to be on the lead to throw it way. They have never led. Not even last season.'

All three full of praise for us really, even if the hosts did try to lead them down the Tottenham trail.

Oh, and what a pair of absolute gimps on the Totts Fan TV clip. Get the feeling even their own fans are embarrassed by them.
Last edited by Le Rascal de Boleyn on Mon May 08, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

sutts07 wrote:
.. but the fans are just unbearable, dread to think what they would be like if they actually won anything.
i dont think we will ever find out - thankfully
only1post
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by only1post »

Was it our cup final?
Nothing like it is there, beating that North London mob.
Players and fans at the top of their games to achieve an unlikely win, as don’t forget they were challenging for the title, aiming for win ten in a row, and we started the game with arguably half our starting eleven injured.
Pleasing as Friday night was or Lasagne Gate or our draw with United to gift Blackburn Rovers the title (how times have changed for them), is this the best we can hope for. Not winning something ourselves but stopping big clubs from doing so.
If our aim is to be a big club do we not need a change in mentality?
Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

Up the Junction wrote:West Ham 1-0 Spurs (And Other Ramblings) (@TheHList)
http://kumb.com/article.php?id=3961
HHS...You should be writing professionally. Your pieces are always the highlight of the post-game atmosphere for me. Many thanks. :thup:
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

Upsetting the applecart for the "glory" seeking masses tied in with the occaisional cup run is all I've ever wanted. If we did actually win something I think we'd combust. Just look at how much sheer turd this season has thrown at us. It has been awful. Low after new lows. Then a performance like that on Friday from comes out of the dark. The pure joy on everyone's faces not seen for a year, our top flight status is preserved and against the chickens who we all know would be even worse as winners as they are nearly winners.

Proper West Ham way. Others don't get it.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

So much talk in this thread is very small minded .Yeah it's great to stop their title challenge .but st the end of the day Chelsea were never drop 4 pts so that's all a bit irrelevant .And to them we are really 3rd in the list of London rivals which actually makes all this fuss slightly embarrassing .The fact is with proper ownership there's no reason we can't be in the position they are .Our fan bases are comparable we now have a massive revenue stream and no loan for stadium to pay off .Financially we effectively have a a 5 year jump on them .The only difference between us and them right now is the ownership and running of the club .This summer we will learn a lot .if we don't spend £80-100m on players the move was pointless and with these owners Weill forever be the 4 th best club in London if we are lucky
Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

bubbles500 wrote:...we'll forever be the 4 th best club in London if we are lucky
Was it ever thus! Remember the Club's anthem is 'Bubbles', same as your username. My feet are planted firmly on terra firma and as long as we have these cheapskates in the boardroom, that is where they will stay!

@ Rio: Top post.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

It's hugely frustrating.we effectively have the whole of east London as a catchment fan base .with the right owners we could easily be challenging spurs and arsenal .but everything they do is on the cheap .
artlin

Post by artlin »

bubbles500 wrote:It's hugely frustrating.we effectively have the whole of east London as a catchment fan base .with the right owners we could easily be challenging spurs and arsenal .but everything they do is on the cheap .
There are no football fans in the east of london anymore.

Cricket, maybe but not football.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

only1post wrote: If our aim is to be a big club do we not need a change in mentality?
Just better players generally does the trick :)
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

listening back to the post game talksport spurs meltdown :D
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Tottenham TV....

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy
The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by The Green Man »

warp wrote:listening back to the post game talksport spurs meltdown
Don't usually like the bear baiting on talksport usually but this was class. :lol:
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:I am surprised by the very positive media reaction to our performance in truth

Don't get me wrong, it was a great result and we showed a lot of fight and desire but overall the 'quality' of our football was pretty average IMHO. I don't remember us putting together that many attacking moves of note, or making Lloris make that many saves from decent football from us

We battled hard, harassed and harried, cut out errors and and Bilic got our tactics right to contain and negate Spurs, but we have 'played' better this season from an attacking sense IMHO
Not really to do with our performance but..

There was one thing that p***ed me off though, while watching the game on one of the streams, I don´t know if anyone else heard it, but the commentator was slating our fans for going early around the 80th minute. But from what I could see on TV this wasn´t the case and after watching some of the Youtube clips, I still can´t see why he made that snide remark??

Anyone else catch that comment?
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

artlin wrote: There are no football fans in the east of london anymore.

That´s probably correct to a certain extent but everytime I travel to the UK, there always seem to be West Ham shirts in a majority both in the east of London and not only that but all the way to the east coast from London. Maybe my eyes just see what they want to see.... :crest:
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

warp wrote:listening back to the post game talksport spurs meltdown

If you have a spare couple of hours.... this is comedy gold, Goldstein presses the buttons, and they all bite on them :lol:
The Boleyn Hound

Post by The Boleyn Hound »

^^^ absolutely brilliant windup of Spurs fans, a joy to listen to.
Deepster
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Deepster »

Row X wrote:
If you have a spare couple of hours.... this is comedy gold, Goldstein presses the buttons, and they all bite on them :lol:
My favourite line was ... Anthony Joshua has won at Wembley more times than you have
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

artlin wrote:
There are no football fans in the east of london anymore.

Speak for yourself mate.

There are plenty of us. But I do agree if your point is more so about the young people of the area and growing number of first generation football fans that have no inclination to go with the local side when there are much 'better' sides available only a couple of miles further away.