West Ham Utd 0-4 Liverpool (14/05/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Lott Of Iron

Re: West Ham Utd vs Liverpool: match thread

Post by Lott Of Iron »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... m-10425605" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We've been on holiday all season !!!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

HA HA HA Wengers such a moronic prick. Funny how he never said we were on our holibobs against Spurs in the last game whilst his very own team were thinking of their holiday destinations at White Hart Lane just days before us. In fact his entire squad has been on holiday for most of the season themselves. He never likes to look closer to home and always digging out others for his own failures. Pitiful ****.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

The players did a lap of honour? Why did they bother, a simple applaud to what crowd was left would of sufficed.

Doing a lap of honour after that sh*t that was served is just plain embarrassing.

Ok, if they'd of put 100% effort in to it, fought for every 50/50 ball etc and really put in a decent shift but we lost 0-1 then yeah, a lap of honour would of been appreciated.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

I don't know, I don't think our business last summer was that bad on paper and at the time it looked reasonably good - Nordtveit was very good for Gladbach, Feghouli very good for Valencia, Ayew very good for Swansea, Zaza had a good goalscoring record. I actually think the first three have been perfectly fine when they've played for us - Nortdveit with the caveat of playing in his best position too (where I thought he was our best player on Sunday other than Lanzini, which doesn't necessarily say much but it is what it is).

Wouldn't really sack any of them off for next season, just work out our system. Feghouli offered a lot from the bench, Nordtveit can be a squad player in the centre of midfield, Ayew should almost certainly be out on the wing starting.

Hard to know where to start with the game - I thought we were right in it until their second and then crumbled afterwards.
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

Colours never run wrote:HA HA HA Wengers such a moronic prick. Funny how he never said we were on our holibobs against Spurs in the last game whilst his very own team were thinking of their holiday destinations at White Hart Lane just days before us. In fact his entire squad has been on holiday for most of the season themselves. He never likes to look closer to home and always digging out others for his own failures. Pitiful ****.
Quite! They were easily beaten by Spuds just a fe It's always someone elses fault with Whinger. The opposition were too physical, that team have nothing to play for therefore it's unfair that our rivals are playing them and not us etc etc. I never liked the bloke but the difference between him and Taggart is that the red nosed one learnt from his mistakes, changed things and ended up winning the lot repeatedly. Wenger has stuck to the same approach and wonders why his teams are rarely good enough to win at the very highest level.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Serves Arsenal right, they have been guilty of not showing up against relegation candidates over the years for us. Throwing it away against Leeds and Bolton in 2003, f*** em...it annoyed me reading how many were supporting West Ham and mentions of wearing scarfs yesterday...that was the only positive to getting battered 4-0 :D
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

Anyone know what happen 5 min's before the end in the lower East, TB end, looked like a right set to, fist were flying.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

The man is a bad loser and an even worse winner. Wenger and Mourinho could be ironically cut from the same cloth, despite their hatred towards each other.
You've got Jose spinning the whole "I don't care about the league" b*llocks a few weeks ago. The absolute arrogance of these men send my brain loopy. No class when it goes against them.
Really hope that United lose in the Europa final.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

The Gibbins wrote:Serves Arsenal right, they have been guilty of not showing up against relegation candidates over the years for us. Throwing it away against Leeds and Bolton in 2003, **** em...

Very good point. What goes around comes around. Only difference is, we as Club don't use it as an excuse.
Sir Trevor the Brewking

Post by Sir Trevor the Brewking »

And I suppose Stoke weren't in sun-loungers sipping pina coladas when the four Arsenal goals flew in Saturday evening? Wenger's a graceless pr1ck and one of the reasons why I approached yesterday's game with mixed feelings...

I know it's not fashionable on here but I'd actually prefer Liverpool over Arsenal to qualify for Europe and for Wenger to **** off.

Yesterday...we were clearly going to get beaten by a very motivated Liverpool side, and with our injury-hit, powder-puff midfield Klopp did a number on us playing Coutinho deeper. They weren't great but they didn't need to be.

We've had a difficult season but all things considered, a lower mid-table finish is about as much as we should have expected. Anyone who seriously thinks otherwise is deluded. We should look back on the season as 'bullet dodged, move on'. I don't actually think we're a million miles away from being a top ten side.

Any ire should be directed at our board, not Bilic.

They're systematic alienation of our hardcore support in favour of tourists who bring a higher 'yield' is scandalous. Why have a seat occupied by one person who buys one shirt a year when it could be occupied by multiple people who buy 10 shirts? The car park model...one space, many cars is more profitable than one car sitting in that space all day.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

the "on the beach" thing really ****'s me off

youre on £30-£120k per week, playing in front of 50-60000 people, the club have season tickets to sell...they need to be more professional

i can imagine the club are sceething at that performance and result...its not going to inspire anyone to want to renew....thats the 5th time we have conceded 4 or more at home this season...absolutely abysmal

as for blaming the board or the manager? everyones accountable...the board for not doing good business, the manager for not getting the players up for the match, and the players for putting in less of a shift than is expected
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

We had Nobke, Kouyate, Obiang, Antonio, Sakho, Carroll and Ogbonna out.

Equivalent of them having no Can, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Sturridge, Origi, Firmino, Matip.
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

Was Reid's head injury really serious?

He seemed to get up as soon as they had scored, and even if his injury hadn't happened he would never have got back to defend against their attack anyway.

Looking for excuses for an awful performance.
vind

Post by vind »

Wilko1304 wrote:We had Nobke, Kouyate, Obiang, Antonio, Sakho, Carroll and Ogbonna out.

Equivalent of them having no Can, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Sturridge, Origi, Firmino, Matip.
yep that was my feeling on the way out. Still when you review the season, too many home tonkings, although Slav has shown he can do the ugly 0-0 as well, If you look at message boards of clubs from West Brom downwards, not too many teams happy with their season
Lilyhammer

Post by Lilyhammer »

Inept performance, they weren't great, and we did not look interested, no passion or urgency to our game, up front we were very week, no hold up play, no one running beyond their defence, can't remember any of our lot making big tackles, and as for Nordvett for Courtinihos goal!!! Embarrassing!!!!
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

morganwhu wrote:Was Reid's head injury really serious?

He seemed to get up as soon as they had scored, and even if his injury hadn't happened he would never have got back to defend against their attack anyway.
It was pretty much just an outstretched hand into his mouth area and didn't warrant hitting the deck clutching his face. The issue comes from it being hand ball, still if Reid doesn't roll around maybe the players wouldn't have stopped playing.
sharphammer

Post by sharphammer »

regardless of how many players we had out, one of the basic requirements of a professional sportsperson or athlete is the desire the apply yourself and a will to compete and win, i'll forgive being **** but not being a bottle job, whether your 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice

There is no excuse for the shower they turned out yesterday, as spineless performance as I have ever seen

Seen more fight in kids teams

Adrian excused
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

vind wrote:If you look at message boards of clubs from West Brom downwards, not too many teams happy with their season
This is it. There's not much difference between rock bottom and 8th. And from 8th to 17th the points different is only, currently, seven. A right shower of **** from top to bottom.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 677 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

They came out looking to kill us off early in there second half and once they got that second goal the batteries fell out of our players - well most of them anyway. Prior to that we had matched them for most of the first half. Had we scored first it might have made it interesting, but in truth before their first goal Liverpool were playing well within themselves. As soon as they showed interest they blew us away.

A poor but perhaps fitting end to our first season in the new place.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

DDHammer wrote:
It was pretty much just an outstretched hand into his mouth area and didn't warrant hitting the deck clutching his face. The issue comes from it being hand ball, still if Reid doesn't roll around maybe the players wouldn't have stopped playing.
As i mentioned earlier, once he realised Liverpool were breaking he stayed down hoping it would prompt liverpool to kick it out. I am sure if he got that knock in the mouth in the other penalty area he would have been straight back on his feet