West Ham Utd 0-4 Liverpool (14/05/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Liverpool: match thread

Post by Humbug »

The more video replays I see, the more angry I get. Just get the feeling that the players are not scared enough of the manager.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Hated it yesterday.

Plenty of Liverpool fans managed to find their way into the home end, plenty of stand up vs sit down rows between our own, rubbish performance from the team and terrible officiating.

Lovely way to sign off for the season. Now, where did I store that season ticket renewal link...
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:They came out looking to kill us off early in there second half and once they got that second goal the batteries fell out of our players - well most of them anyway.
i think the batteries fell off when the penalty wasn't given.
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

it was a good first half hour and not surprising things fell apart after the third.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

3 rd goal was an absolute disgrace .couldnt quite believe my eyes fernandes was literally jogging back just watching
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Is it worth noting that up until the second goal we had been pretty much OK, if not spectacular, and that the second goal came two minutes after Feghouli came on and we switched to a 4-2-3-1 - the formation that saw us take a shedload of tonkings earlier on in the season?
BonzosBoots
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by BonzosBoots »

Disgrace of a game. I am prepared to accept a number of injuries but the lack of effort and pride late in that game was unacceptable.

Nordvelt, Callieri, Snodgrass can all do one.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Bilic - “I don’t understand. I’m not talking about whether it was a penalty, but I don’t understand why the game wasn’t stopped. They are always telling us that, when it is a head injury, the game has to be stopped, and for me it was obvious that it was a head issue."
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Slightly off topic and may have already been mentioned, did anyone notice on the back of the programme the Liverpool squad was missing no. 7 Milner

What with the tannoy problems when they were reading out the teams before the start of the Spurs game and no one intervening until the very last name (Calleri) was announced.

It's all a bit embarrassing / amateurish
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 142 likes

Post by Jon »

Dead rubbers highlight the coaching staff's ability or not to get teams ready.

After 15 minutes the energy levels dropped. By the second half most players couldn't care less.

Nord and Fernandez should have been telling Slav they are the first choice midfield for next season. Instead they were happy to see Coutinho wander threw our defence.

63 goals conceded (1 more than Sunderland).

I hear alarm bells.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Colours never run wrote:Bilic - “I don’t understand. I’m not talking about whether it was a penalty, but I don’t understand why the game wasn’t stopped. They are always telling us that, when it is a head injury, the game has to be stopped, and for me it was obvious that it was a head issue."
Exactly what I said to my mate during the game , I thought head injuries meant it was mandatory for the ref to stop the game .
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Jon wrote: Nord and Fernandez should have been telling Slav they are the first choice midfield for next season. Instead they were happy to see Coutinho wander threw our defence.
That's the bit I don't get. A rare first team start for both, an opportunity to stake your claim for a place or put yourself in the shop window.

Not walking around the pitch like it's a sunday league game.

These are supposed to be professionals.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

the pink palermo wrote:
Exactly what I said to my mate during the game , I thought head injuries meant it was mandatory for the ref to stop the game .
At the time I was screaming with chagrin that Liverpool didn't put the ball out of play. I still think they should have done but, having watched it back, Winston defo made a meal of it. As I said, if it had happened on our box he would have jumped straight back up again. Gamesmanship from Winston that didn't work out
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

the pink palermo wrote:

Sadly not. There's a clause in the Laws of the game that most people are unaware of where it is clearly stated;

REFEREEING DECISIONS

All Officials must favour all so-called top Clubs when deciding incidents.

The following must be considered:
* Are the so-called top Clubs struggling to win a match outright on their own
* So-called lesser Clubs are doing far better than expected (or allowed)
* Critical to make sure that all Officials present used to loosely support Liverpool during their School years
* Make sure to add on an infinite amount of extra time till the desired result transpires (opposite applies if the so-called top Clubs are already winning
* If a so-called lesser Club player has been whacked in the face and instantaneously handballs it in the process, play must be allowed to continue until the so-called top Club benefits sufficiently
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Early in the game we kicked the ball out of play when they had a player down which was not a head injury.There were two subsequent occasions when we had players down injured and Liverpool did not put the ball out. They are one of the dirtiest teams we have played with not one ounce of sportsmanship anywhere, and certainly not by the media whore Klopp. I hope they get the **** kicked out of them in the CL by some dodgy Eastern European outfit next season

People claiming Reid was not injured and he was making a meal out of it are borderline trolling. Reid got a smack in the head, that is a fact. Only Reid knows how injured he was, the same as every other player that goes down unless it is something obvious like a broken leg or nose. The rule book is perfectly clear. If it is a head injury then the game should be stopped. How difficult is that to understand?
Colours never run

Because these ****y Teams don't play on an even playing field, I'd absolutely love to win a Cup hinging on a controversial decision. Long overdue a taste of their own medicine and fed up of the constant inconsistencies.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

Kialos wrote:Early in the game we kicked the ball out of play when they had a player down which was not a head injury.There were two subsequent occasions when we had players down injured and Liverpool did not put the ball out. They are one of the dirtiest teams we have played with not one ounce of sportsmanship anywhere, and certainly not by the media whore Klopp. I hope they get the **** kicked out of them in the CL by some dodgy Eastern European outfit next season
This.

Make no mistake, although the ref was rubbish, Liverpool wouldn't have stopped the game if our player had lost a leg, but the one time their player stayed down we put it out.

And some of our fans actually suggested we roll over to allow them to stop Arsenal getting in the CL. Liverpool will always be one of the moaniest and gamesmanship-playing teams, and I hope they crash and burn next season in every bloody competition.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

in the first half one of theirs went down and we knocked it out of play, one of ours went down and they immediately exploited the space down the left. adrian gave clyne a proper earful after it and got a bit of a chant.

that said, our players more than most seem to have bit of an issue playing to the whistle.
Colours never run

dodger wrote: . Liverpool will always be one of the moaniest and gamesmanship-playing teams, and I hope they crash and burn next season in every bloody competition.

Hear, hear.

It's almost as if it's drummed into their heads in training to maximise every moment, regardless of it's cheating or piss poor sportsmanship. They've never known how to play any different.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

As much as I agree that sportsmanship is important, maybe it's about time (for certain teams anyway) we simply play to the referees whistle.