Today i bumped into...

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Number9
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Number9 »

pablo jaye wrote:Went to see filming of Sky Portrait Artist Of The Year today at the Wallace Collection in London. It's done in a relatively small room so plenty of bumping into Joan Bakewell, Frank Skinner, Tai Schierenberg, Kate Bryan and Kathleen Soriano. However, the highlight for me was the huge smile that Rachel Hunter gave me, whilst she was sitting for the artists.
Can you just turn up or do you need invite/tickets?
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

Number9 wrote:Can you just turn up or do you need invite/tickets?
I don't know about this show but I went to a filming of Deal or no Deal (yes, really) when I was a student and we needed tickets, although they were free.
Number9

Post by Number9 »

I don't know about this show but I went to a filming of Deal or no Deal (yes, really) when I was a student and we needed tickets, although they were free.[/quote]

I used to go see Have I Got News for You, Father Ted & loads of other stuff for free.
Great fun most of them. I used to get the tickets from Private Eye if I remember right.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Some actor off the small and silver screen in a pub in Faversham earlier on today. I know his face but for the life of me I can't think of his bloody name.
Number9

Post by Number9 »

-DL- wrote:Some actor off the small and silver screen in a pub in Faversham earlier on today. I know his face but for the life of me I can't think of his bloody name.
Was it whatsisname ??/
Longneck'd Iron

Post by Longneck'd Iron »

-DL- wrote:Some actor off the small and silver screen in a pub in Faversham earlier on today. I know his face but for the life of me I can't think of his bloody name.
Thingymebob!
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Yes, Sky Portrait Artist is excellent. I had thought you just needed to turn up but it had been so popular this year that they had to introduce wristbands for 4 separate hour long sessions. Wristbands were free and people passed them on to those waiting when they came out of the gallery. A great atmosphere and artists, crew etc all happy to chat. Won't be aired until Jan next year.
Number9

Post by Number9 »

pablo jaye wrote:Yes, Sky Portrait Artist is excellent. I had thought you just needed to turn up but it had been so popular this year that they had to introduce wristbands for 4 separate hour long sessions. Wristbands were free and people passed them on to those waiting when they came out of the gallery. A great atmosphere and artists, crew etc all happy to chat. Won't be aired until Jan next year.
Thanks
How did you know it was being filmed there?
pablo jaye

Post by pablo jaye »

Funnily enough, I was watching the last series and noticed a few banners in the background of shots, inviting people to come and watch - however, I realised that the filming had well and truly finished. I then had a look on the Wallace Collection website and there was an item about this year's filming.
Number9

Post by Number9 »

pablo jaye wrote:Funnily enough, I was watching the last series and noticed a few banners in the background of shots, inviting people to come and watch - however, I realised that the filming had well and truly finished. I then had a look on the Wallace Collection website and there was an item about this year's filming.
Nice one, I'll keep a look out for the filming of the next series.
Thanks
Crouchend_Hammer
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Had a brief chat with Robert Huth backstage at the Kasabian gig last night
Dcscent bloke tbf
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Crossing the road outside the Tower of London, David Sullivan in his roller. Stood in the middle of the road and gave it cross hammers (much to the embarrassment of my niece and nephew).

Fair play to him though he gave it back.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Gnome on the Jubilee Line, post end of season boat, still coherent which was more than I can say for a few others I met who'd been on it :D
HighWycombeHammer

Post by HighWycombeHammer »

Met Andrew Buchan (Mark Latimer from Broadchurch) at Waitrose High Wycombe last week. Doing the shopping with his little one.
HighWycombeHammer

Post by HighWycombeHammer »

Martin Keown at Marylebone Station yesterday. Probably one of the 30k at the Emirates last night....
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Alita Pear 8-)
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I stood behind Steve Davis in the post office last week.

He appeared to be posting memorabilia. A lot of it.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I saw that bloke off that TV thing the other day. You know the one - wore that hat and was married to the bird off that ITV thing with the matey with the funny voice.
pablo jaye

Post by pablo jaye »

DasNutNock wrote:I saw that bloke off that TV thing the other day. You know the one - wore that hat and was married to the bird off that ITV thing with the matey with the funny voice.
Funny you mention that because I was in this place over the weekend and saw that blonde bird who used to knock around with matey. What a coincidence?!?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

RichieRiv wrote:Crossing the road outside the Tower of London, David Sullivan in his roller. Stood in the middle of the road and gave it cross hammers (much to the embarrassment of my niece and nephew).

Fair play to him though he gave it back.
Very disappointed Rich, Surely some coffee bean action was more appropriate? The kids would of understood.

I saw actor Steffan Rhodri. He's the guy that played Dave Coaches in Gavin and Stacey walking through Brixton.