Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WoodfordJnr

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by WoodfordJnr »

sutts07 wrote:
It is without doubt the worst part of the ground in terms of facilities for fans.

There has been absolutely zero thought or effort put into the section between the 'corporate wrist band only' area and the away fans.

Other areas have pop up bars, TV's, betting booths... we have absolutely nothing.
make you right, couldnt be further away from Stratford station either.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

HammerMan2004 wrote:
Doesn't the chorus of Bubbles give it away?
You honestly do not hear it from all the way back on the concourse. Come down to this section pre-game and experience it for yourself.

I am not kidding you and am sure it is hard to believe, but we are so tucked away down there that you do not know the game has started. The noise doesn't travel out the back of that section at all.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Nah fair enough, I believe you. It's not bad where we are. Pretty open over in 243. Normally I've heard Bubbles and downed the pint leaving my old man and wife still drinking :D
WoodfordJnr

Post by WoodfordJnr »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Nah fair enough, I believe you. It's not bad where we are. Pretty open over in 243. Normally I've heard Bubbles and downed the pint leaving my old man and wife still drinking :D
Think the reason we dont hear it is because the majority of the people are still drinking not realizing! haha
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

wildkard wrote: By far the worst bit of the whole new stadium experience is how Westfield treat us. Leaves a really bad taste in the mouth.
The absence of a family zone, the poor security, the distance between the pitch and the stands, the wanky moat around the pitch, the half-baked effort of a stadium, the sub stand standard stewarding, the displacements of fans sitting/standing in their appropriate areas, the mass open space surrounding the stadium, the endless broken promises, the lies n spin, fans being banned without justification, flawed migration policy, amateur look n feel, an athletics stadium being used for football … all this and more .. yet It’s the stewarding within the confines of the nearby shopping centre that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Each to their own I guess.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Believer wrote:So if we are playing midweek and you want to head towards Southend that's sure going to add to the journey home from the stadium with the best transport links in the country !
If you want to go to Southend it's easy, just jump on the C2C line instead. Wickford, Billericay etc, not so easy.
griff123

Post by griff123 »

Up the Junction wrote: If you want to go to Southend it's easy, just jump on the C2C line instead. Wickford, Billericay etc, not so easy.
C2C to Basildon, £10 cab or bus to either Wickford or Billericay
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 236 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

Just passing on some 2nd hand info and nothing too interesting.

We have an office down in Cardiff, colleague of mine has a mate who works at the Olympic Stadium. I asked if he was a steward there and said no he is an events co-ordinator (whatever that is) on match days.

He said after the last game, they were all giving a West Ham kit, and then were allowed to play on the pitch after. He said his mate got the away white kit and they all got to keep the kit they were given.

Anyway, the point is, it just shows you how far these guys are coming from to work at the stadium.
griff123

Post by griff123 »

sutts07 wrote:
Other areas have pop up bars, TV's, betting booths... we have absolutely nothing.
Where are the betting booths?
At half time i often walk round from 230 to 104(where a couple of friends sit) & not seen any betting booths apart from some things that look like they should have an ipad in it to bet but its just an empty shell of a box
The Boleyn Hound

Post by The Boleyn Hound »

sussexhammer74 wrote: We have an office down in Cardiff, colleague of mine has a mate who works at the Olympic Stadium.

Anyway, the point is, it just shows you how far these guys are coming from to work at the stadium.
Where does your colleague's mate live?
marshboy

Post by marshboy »

Other areas have pop up bars, TV's, betting booths... we have absolutely nothing.[/quote]

Agree with all the above . I sit in 112 and have given up with the catering as there is no chance of being served , I always find it funny that we are sponsored by a betting company and cant have a bet in the stadium
WoodfordJnr

Post by WoodfordJnr »

marshboy wrote:

Agree with all the above . I sit in 112 and have given up with the catering as there is no chance of being served , I always find it funny that we are sponsored by a betting company and cant have a bet in the stadium
Theres a free betting Betway thing tucked away in the corner but offers odds of 5000/1 and you have to guess the score the time of the goal and the scorer.

have to sign up and get bombarded with texts
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

marshboy wrote:Other areas have pop up bars, TV's, betting booths... we have absolutely nothing.

Agree with all the above . I sit in 112 and have given up with the catering as there is no chance of being served , I always find it funny that we are sponsored by a betting company and cant have a bet in the stadium[/quote]

There's a betting booth just inside C which serves 112 (I'm in 212)

dunno if it works mind
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 236 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

The Boleyn Hound wrote: Where does your colleague's mate live?
Sorry, should have made that clearer. He lives in Cardiff.
RM10

Post by RM10 »

make you right, couldnt be further away from Stratford station either.
you cant be serious?
marshboy

Post by marshboy »

There's a betting booth just inside C which serves 112 (I'm in 212)

dunno if it works mind[/quote]

i think its the betway booth with ipad that others have mentioned ,you predict the score and as pointed out ,you then get bombard with emails
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 97 likes

Post by danm79 »

RM10 wrote:make you right, couldnt be further away from Stratford station either.
you cant be serious?
Yep after the match we have to walk pretty much the whole way around the stadium or wait 25 mins until all the away fans have gone and be let through

Also coming from PML to 112/113 a simple thing like buying a programme is your first major challenge
njmacleod

Post by njmacleod »

I've never understood why they don't have programme sellers inside the stadium (if they do then I've never seen them!).

Also, I've also thought that the club could use the gazebo programme selling space near gate J as a mini club shop offering a limited selection of merchandise. It seems a waste of space to have that devoted to just one programme seller. Also, the could put a stall or mini-shop inside the stadium also - might help alleviate the queues at the store on match-days.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

amazed they don't have shirts at least for sale in the stadium, maybe because it's not ours and they would have to move them in and out each game day
mike1961
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by mike1961 »

They sometimes have a programme seller inside the stadium near entrance H. (It's a fairly random event, though.)