Burnley 1-2 West Ham Utd (21/05/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Carlton'sGoal

Re: Burnley vs West Ham Utd: Match thread

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

libero wrote:he has proven himself to be a complete and utter scumbag

:eh: unless he's done something we don't know about, that's a bellend comment
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

libero wrote: Snodgrass is an absolute disgrace of a "player" so I wouldn't let him anywhere near the first team - I'd keep him out of the squad and sell him for a huge loss in the summer to get rid of his wage bill - 4m to Norwich, Brighton or Bournemouth would work. I thought he was a decent January signing but he has proven himself to be a complete and utter scumbag
Is he seeing your wife by any chance??
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Fotballer being not quite as good as you hoped = scumbag 8-)
BritneySpearsHammer

Post by BritneySpearsHammer »

As far as i'm concerned this game should be a mix of established players, youth and fringe players that we are unsure of selling.

Adrian; Cresswell; Rice; Collins; Byram; Feghoul; Kouyate; Lanzini; Snodgrass; Ayew; Calleri

Give Adrian, Feghouli, Snodgrass, Ayew and Calleri one more chance to show what they can do before shipping them out/releasing them

Have fernandes; makasi & fletcher come on
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

YorksHammer wrote:I think Lee's hit a formation I'd like to see us try, although I'd put Ayew on the left (in his natural position) and Lanzini central (in his natural position). I'm not sure if Fletcher's ready to lead the line on his own, but then again we've got naff all else, haven't we?
I had Lanzini left because I feel he links up pretty well with Cresswell, at least I think I'm noticing Cresswell get up there like he used to with Dimi when Lanzini is on the left. But to be fair those 3 I have behind the striker are all more central than just one in the middle and the other two wide so Lanzini is more like left-central, if that makes sense.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

We're going to give Adrian one more game to show what he can do? :lol: You've been on the Britney Spears at lunch.

I'm not sure we should be shipping Ayew out yet with 5 goals and 2 assists in 1300 minutes.
Last edited by DDHammer on Fri May 19, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

BritneySpearsHammer wrote: Give Adrian, Feghouli, Snodgrass, Ayew and Calleri one more chance to show what they can do before shipping them out/releasing them
Give Adrian one more chance? What?
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Post by mushy »

BritneySpearsHammer wrote:Give Adrian, Feghouli, Snodgrass, Ayew and Calleri one more chance to show what they can do before shipping them out/releasing them
Adrian signed a contract extension this morning, does he really need one more chance to see what he can do after 120 odd appearances?
JLCABA
Has liked: 202 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by JLCABA »

I am just so keen to see what Adrian can do ....should Bilic give him one more chance
BritneySpearsHammer

Post by BritneySpearsHammer »

Sorry guys, was unaware that he signed a contract extension this morn. I meant give him one more chance to earn that contract that it seemed he wasn't getting
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

Anyone else get the supporters guide to Burnley sent to them? Last away day I got was Bournemouth outside of London so just intrigued if it's a regular thing
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Yes and I thought it was a decent thing for Burnley to do. It is not a usual thing , but should be IMO.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

First time I've seen it

useful and a nice touch
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

YorksHammer wrote:
Son, Winks, N'Koudou, Sissoko, Dembele, Wimmer, and Davies would cover that lot and they'd be more than fine.

They really wouldn't. I'm with Hammerman on this. Not the thread to really go into it but them missing Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Rose, Alderweirdiled, Dier, Wanyama in particular for a significant amount of time and around the same out as each other would hurt them badly. We could only dream of having such good fortune for our best equivalent players. It really cannot be understated.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Bare bones for this one :arry: , the treatment room at Rush Green is like the first 25 minutes of Saving Private Ryan at the moment .

Let's not forget though there could be millions of pounds at stake in merit money from Sky and we could use that money to pay Karren her redundancy cheque, so let's see a huge effort from the lads to try and make my dream a reality .

-----------------------------------------Adrian----------------------------

----------------Fonte-------------Collins (C)--------Rice------------

Byram----------Nordtveit--------Fernandes-----------Cresswell

------------------Ayew--------------Fletcher-------Lanzini

Bench - Martinez, Feghoulli, Snodgrass plus 3 or 4 off the Hornchurch coach, random picks .
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Any danger of Masuaku being fit for this one?

Genuine question - has he actually missed more games through injury than anyone bar Sakho this season? Including Carroll.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

wouldnt have snodgrass in the squad as he has been awful. fill the bench with kids.

adrian
fonte collins rice
byram nordsvelt fernadez lanzini cresswell
ayew fletcher

subs randolph masuaka dobson quinna fegouli masaki callerei

1-1 Ayew
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Colours never run wrote:

They really wouldn't. I'm with Hammerman on this. Not the thread to really go into it but them missing Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Rose, Alderweirdiled, Dier, Wanyama in particular for a significant amount of time and around the same out as each other would hurt them badly. We could only dream of having such good fortune for our best equivalent players. It really cannot be understated.
It is not just good fortune tbf
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

[quote="libero"]

Snodgrass is an absolute disgrace of a "player" so I wouldn't let him anywhere near the first team - I'd keep him out of the squad and sell him for a huge loss in the summer to get rid of his wage bill - 4m to Norwich, Brighton or Bournemouth would work. I thought he was a decent January signing but he has proven himself to be a complete and utter scumbag (quote]
Bloke is stealing a living off us, signed partly for his set piece ability, of which has yet to be seen, his lack of interest and effort when he came on against the mickeys, was truly shocking, should have worn a DickTurpin mask when he came out last at the end for the lap of whatever? Complete and utter scumbag could be a tad harsh, but would deffo go with "lazy, disinterested robbing c*nt" :lol:
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I question the training and fitness coaches. we cant just be unlucky !
do we train hard enough - players this season have indicated not. Thats the problem the training regime.

needs to be sorted this summer.