Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WoodfordJnr

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by WoodfordJnr »

mike1961 wrote:They sometimes have a programme seller inside the stadium near entrance H. (It's a fairly random event, though.)

Would be over that side... absolute 0 chance of having that in C.

Will be surprised if people renew for that side bar 112.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Ben wrote:amazed they don't have shirts at least for sale in the stadium, maybe because it's not ours and they would have to move them in and out each game day
A mate came for his first and probably last visit v Liverpool and was suprised there wasn't a WHU shop of some sorts inside the ground.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

They should convert some of the under used ladies loos into 'pop-up' shops to sell the club's tat from.

In fact. If the cretin on the SAB who had the TVs turned off is reading then suggest this please. Also, as you appear to be the only person who can get things done, can you ask them to try harder to be less **** with regards everything they do in future?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

It's probably been addressed in these 305 pages, but commentary on the Arsenal match the other night mentioned that the 'official' attendance figures didn't necessarily reflect how many people were in the ground for the match, being based on including season ticket sales etc. Made me wonder about WHU's 56k attendance reports at the OS (haven't been there yet - so kill me or something!). In 'dem old days' I used to assume the attendance figures given in the papers with the results were based on the number of times the turnstiles clicked over and may have been more accurate. Maybe they weren't. Looks like we've gone from max 35k to 56k. Have we really, regulars?
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Been no more than 45k for lots of games. Probably less
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Mega Ron wrote:They should convert some of the under used ladies loos into 'pop-up' shops to sell the club's tat from.
I've got a better idea, why not ban all the whining old women with dicks then there would be more toilet space left for the real men inside the stadium
leveller

Post by leveller »

vietnammer wrote:It's probably been addressed in these 305 pages, but commentary on the Arsenal match the other night mentioned that the 'official' attendance figures didn't necessarily reflect how many people were in the ground for the match, being based on including season ticket sales etc. Made me wonder about WHU's 56k attendance reports at the OS (haven't been there yet - so kill me or something!). In 'dem old days' I used to assume the attendance figures given in the papers with the results were based on the number of times the turnstiles clicked over and may have been more accurate. Maybe they weren't. Looks like we've gone from max 35k to 56k. Have we really, regulars?
The SAG minutes released under freedom of information show real attendance figures of between just under 50k to just over 50k, IIRC quite a few games were about 48k and the "official attendance" was given as 57k. The club have now got the council and other public authorities to refuse to release the real attendance figures on the grounds that it could harm the club's commercial interests if the truth was known. As you say Arsenal also have the problem of empty seats in an officially sold-out stadium but from memory the percentage of empties at the Emirates is a bit lower than at the OS on average.

The reason that the official "attendance" figures are different from the real attendance is that clubs used to report the real attendance, now they just report tickets sold.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

Kialos wrote:
I've got a better idea, why not ban all the whining old women with dicks then there would be more toilet space left for the real men inside the stadium
I was only joking but your idea seems much better
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Brady in her column repeating the point we've been "sold out all season", another one ignoring the weekly empty seats
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1143 likes

Post by Diogenes »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Brady in her column repeating the point we've been "sold out all season", another one ignoring the weekly empty seats
'Sold out' could very well be true. Whereas, 'attendance' figures are very often not.
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Brady in her column repeating the point we've been "sold out all season", another one ignoring the weekly empty seats
Can't disagree with Brady, West Ham have most definitely sold out this season...
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

I would bet that Brady sold out a long time ago.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

vietnammer wrote:It's probably been addressed in these 305 pages, but commentary on the Arsenal match the other night mentioned that the 'official' attendance figures didn't necessarily reflect how many people were in the ground for the match, being based on including season ticket sales etc. Made me wonder about WHU's 56k attendance reports at the OS (haven't been there yet - so kill me or something!). In 'dem old days' I used to assume the attendance figures given in the papers with the results were based on the number of times the turnstiles clicked over and may have been more accurate. Maybe they weren't. Looks like we've gone from max 35k to 56k. Have we really, regulars?
ATTENDANCE-'the persons or number of persons attending something'
something people running some football clubs don't seem to understand or another way of distorting actual numbers.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Mega Ron wrote:I would bet that Brady sold out a long time ago.
Geoff got something from her in the kitchen a while ago. :shock:
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

leveller wrote:
The reason that the official "attendance" figures are different from the real attendance is that clubs used to report the real attendance.
Don't think they did, lots of people used to get in without record due to 'friendly' turnstile operators or Liverpool style tactics & some clubs under reported for tax reasons, allegedly. The big difference is that the bias used to be negative & now is positive.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

f*** knows exactly how many 'attend' because the Club are too snide to release proper attendance figures but what I do know when I look around most matches there, is there is a f*** load in attendance. I really wouldn't be surprised if those that actually go is in the region of 50,000+.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Kialos wrote:I've got a better idea, why not ban all the whining old women with dicks then there would be more toilet space left for the real men inside the stadium
Presumably if the "whining old women" were replaced by "real men" there would be no more or no less space in the toilets.

I think this probably requires a bit more thought to make it work.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Don't forget in the column today

60,000 capacity next season
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Ahhhh can't believe we have to wait ages now to get back into our lush stadium

https://s11.postimg.org/3tsh7gqtf/image.png
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

After seeing what the Russians did with the Luzhniki stadium in Moscow I wished we could just buy the ground itself and do the same. Imagine going from this:

http://i.imgur.com/FHpd6Ri.jpg

To this:

http://i.imgur.com/b5yo6a0.jpg
Last edited by Up the Junction on Mon May 22, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image too large, changed to links.