Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by WHU_Del »

An artificially-engineered 'substitution' so that a player that's leaving the club gets a 'guard of honour'.
And even worse when it's all his idea.
Yes, John Terry, I'm looking at you! :thdn:
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

WHU_Del wrote:An artificially-engineered 'substitution' so that a player that's leaving the club gets a 'guard of honour'.
And even worse when it's all his idea.
Yes, John Terry, I'm looking at you! :thdn:
I haven't seen it yet, but it sounded absolutely cringeworthy. Even the pundits on BT sport this afternoon said how sickly it all looked!
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Hammers Dad wrote:Being 50 :(
the celestial insect wrote:
Happy Birthday. 50 sounds better than 49.
Thanks.
I'm too young to be 50.
Not fair.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

The amount of coverage Pippa Middleton's wedding is getting.

Jesus wept, what sort of person finds this interesting?
1875Hammer

Post by 1875Hammer »

The referee denying Middlesboro a stonewall penalty because he wanted to get out of Liverpool alive.

You know if it had been at the other end he'd have had the red card out before he'd blown for the foul.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Scummy litter louts who think its ok to leave a can or bottle balanced in a prominent position.
Makes my blood boil.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

White Goodman wrote:The amount of coverage Pippa Middleton's wedding is getting.

british people, mainly.

:D
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

White Goodman wrote:The amount of coverage Pippa Middleton's wedding is getting.

Bit harsh. She deserves it doesn't she? Worked bloody hard to get where she is today.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

1875Hammer wrote:The referee denying Middlesboro a stonewall penalty because he wanted to get out of Liverpool alive.

You know if it had been at the other end he'd have had the red card out before he'd blown for the foul.
Blatant dive by Bamford. I thought it was a foul from the far camera angle but replay showed very little contact on arm/shoulder
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Traffic wardens. Just f*** off. How bad must your life be that you make the decision to become one of these cutns?
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Traffic wardens. Just **** off. How bad must your life be that you make the decision to become one of these cutns?
Yeh but can you imagine the liberties some c**** would take if there weren't any??

Be cars just stacked up all over the place
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Traffic wardens. Just **** off. How bad must your life be that you make the decision to become one of these cutns?
Lost count of how many run in's I've had with these a-holes. Town & City centres need them for sure, but quiet residential streets? Nah.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

White Goodman wrote:Yeh but can you imagine the liberties some ***** would take if there weren't any??

Be cars just stacked up all over the place
I agree. My main beef is with the jumped up little shits who put a uniform on and think it gives them the right to act in a sneeky, underhanded way and the freedom to talk to people like dirt, with an attitude of complete contempt when they get called out for it.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Potentially losing my job just before my wife goes on maternity leave. But at least I can draw some comfort from the fact that the bloke making that decision is buying a new car.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

DasNutNock wrote:Potentially losing my job just before my wife goes on maternity leave. But at least I can draw some comfort from the fact that the bloke making that decision is buying a new car.
If you need some help finding something else, let me know.

Maybe time to go contracting? That's where the big bucks are in IT!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Dover KUMB fan wrote: Lost count of how many run in's I've had with these a-holes. Town & City centres need them for sure, but quiet residential streets? Nah.
They keep giving people tickets outside my house for having their wheels slightly over the white lines.

The vermin are everywhere and offering no discernable service. That sort of stuff just makes the public hate them.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Smonnie wrote:If you need some help finding something else, let me know.

Maybe time to go contracting? That's where the big bucks are in IT!
Cheers boss - will be straight over when I find out more. Wouldn't mind so much if people were at least being a bit more open/honest here, but that's what I get for working for a US firm :)
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Dover KUMB fan wrote: Lost count of how many run in's I've had with these a-holes. Town & City centres need them for sure, but quiet residential streets? Nah.
To balance things out a little. I used to live in a so called quiet residential street. White lines painted right up to the edge of my dropped kerb - but people in cars that couldn't park properly, people with big vans too long for the spaces frequently went over the line making it a proper ball ache to reverse in or out, and on more than one occasion, unable to get out at all. I wasn't the only one that had issues like this, some of my neighbours did too.

The council's parking wardens started patrolling the area, gave out a few tickets and it soon stopped.

From my work point of view where we have routes that have midi-buses (short single door single deckers), it's sometimes impossible to get one down some residential street because of poor and illegal parking- same applies to some of the bigger residential streets when full sized doubles have to go down them. It would be carnage if there were no wardens.

I know there are some dick-head parking wardens out there that are a bit too over enthusiastic - but like my views on speed cameras - if you don't give a reason to get a ticket - you won't get one, nor find yourself in the position of having to try and communicate with them. It's all very well pacing the blame on the warden/speed camera if you get hit - but if you hadn't parked where you shouldn't or sped, you wouldn't have got one - and for that, there is nobody else to blame but yourself - not the person or the machine issuing it.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

-DL- wrote:I know there are some dick-head parking wardens out there that are a bit too over enthusiastic - but like my views on speed cameras - if you don't give a reason to get a ticket - you won't get one, nor find yourself in the position of having to try and communicate with them. It's all very well pacing the blame on the warden/speed camera if you get hit - but if you hadn't parked where you shouldn't or sped, you wouldn't have got one - and for that, there is nobody else to blame but yourself - not the person or the machine issuing it.
It wasn’t me who got the ticket, it was my missus’ boy for having less that a quarter of his motor over a yellow line which was not causing any obstruction whatsoever. The traffic warden had clocked his number plate from down the street, wrote the ticket out and promptly marched up and slapped it straight on the car. All he had to do was walk up and say “move it” a bit further forward, and it would have been moved. He chose to be a sneaky ****hole instead, then get quite aggressive when my missus’ boy protested that he was just leaving (which he was). He also threatened us all with the police for intimidation (none of us had said anything to the bloke at this point) if we didn’t move away (we were standing outside my missus’ salon). When he said that, I actually felt sorry for the bloke as myy missus tore into him for telling her she couldn’t stand outside her own shop. He was a dick and deserved everything she called him (and more). Any sympathy rapidly vanished when he got on his radio and said he was being “verbally assaulted” by a member of the public and got his camera out and attempted to photograph us.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Smonnie wrote:Maybe time to go contracting? That's where the big bucks are in IT!
IMHO, it's a terrible time to go contracting - the tax environment is becoming so hostile to contractors that it's going to be very difficult to make more money than being a permie, with none of the advantages of being a permie. Expect to see HMRC go apeshit with IR35 next year, after mandating it in the public sector this year.