Manchester Utd 4-0 West Ham Utd (13/08/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Manchester Utd 4-0 West Ham Utd (13/08/17)

Post by Vienna »

Manchester United vs West Ham United
Premier League 4:00pm Sunday 13th August Old Trafford

I pray Lanzini is back because no doubt him and Hernandez will cause problems. COYI :scarfer:
Last edited by Vienna on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Re: Manchester United vs West Ham United

Post by MD_HM »

Hoping for something like this....

--------------------- Hart---------------------
Zabaleta -- Reid -- Ogbonna -- Cresswell
-------------Noble -- -- Obiang -------
------------------- Lanzini -----------------
Ayew ------------------------------- Arnautovic
----------------- Hernandez --------------

Or a more defensive version if need be...

--------------------- Hart---------------------
Zabaleta -- Reid -- Ogbonna -- Cresswell
-------------------- Rice -------------------
-------------Noble -- -- Obiang -------
-------- Lanzini -------- Arnautovic -----
----------------- Hernandez --------------

Give Rice the Oxford role... worked last time :D
DDHammer

Re: Manchester United vs West Ham United match thread

Post by DDHammer »

Martial and Lukaku will punish us...bad night on the cards, squad isn't ready. 4-1.
belgohammer

Re: Manchester United vs West Ham United

Post by belgohammer »

Not just Lanzini, we need full strength ASAP.

Season hasn't started and we should certainly not be worried. Let's not start scaremongering.

That said, starting every season with so many injuries is an absolute piss-take.

I have my doubts regarding Gary Lewin. Not the best record out there.

We absolutely need Arnautovic, Lanzini, Antonio and Hernandez all ready, fit, and up for the battle.

It's an unpopular opinion but Ayew isn't good enough. At least hasn't been since he joined. Same goes for our old friend Snodders. Why is that? Yes, Ayew did produce goals, but they were merely tap-ins. He knows how to get in the right position, but every time he gets the ball at his feet, I expect very little from him. Expect nothing more from Snodgrass, quite the opposite. Squad players at best, but that's no real depth in my humble opinion. Again, I warned, unpopular opinion. But I'm sticking to it.

Midfield is still relatively weak, inconsistant, lacks creativity and speed. Obiang is good, but inconsistant. Noble I fear is not up to standards anymore, but I still love him merely because he's a great figure, a great captain, Mr West Ham through and through, and I bloody love that. I hate everything about modern football, the mercenaries, the Neymar of the pitch. And I'll take a faithful solider such as Noble every time. Yes, I said it. We need him, to lead, to motivate, to show the way, but at the same time, he can be an incredible liability. Fernandes is the one showing most promise I reckon. Confident on the ball, creative, great passing and dribbling skills. Young. Seems fearless. Kouyate. Well... I'm starting to wonder if he wouldn't make a better CB than he is a supposed midfielder. I'm not too sure if I'm honest with myself.

Defence. Ogbonna had a shocker today. Some claim he isn't up to standards. I always thought he looked best at CB paired with Reid. I'm not sure. Perhaps because he, also, is very inconsistant. Reid to me is another loyal servant but also our best CB. We need to pair him with someone as good as, if not better than, him. I also think Masuaku is our best left-back and will do wonders with Arnautovic up that left side. They're both skillful and smart. I like that. We need more of these guys. Skillful and smart. That lacks a lot in midfield.

GK, I won't dwell upon. Too early to say. I just think we need to hold on to Adrian just a bit longer.

Finally, I think it's time for the kids to step up. Let's give them a chance, or we never will, because "The premier league has become too competitive and it's difficult for youngsters to break into the first team. dg"... It ****ing is not. Declan Rice proved himself over this pre-season. Play him. Martinez should be amongst the first team squad. Give him a chance, at least he can find the back of the net.

But we need a full-strength squad ready as soon as possible. And not field Snodders, I'm sorry for the lad but he just doesn't cut it.

Hernandez got increasingly irritated today. With both him and Ayew. I saw it. And that's not good for him. We can't just launch into the season with our best centre forward being pissed off about his situation and the guys he has around who are supposed to feed him balls to score. We can't have a striker that's scared of making a pass to his teammate because he knows he'll just f*** it up anyway, much like today with Snoddy. I don't think he'll put up with that. Granted, he should've known when signing for West Ham, that he wasn't going to be surrounded with world class players. But not Snodders, not Ayew, I'm sorry. They're not up for it.

We lack depth. The full strength starting eleven, uninjured, hungry and winning-driven could beat teams in the top 6. I have no doubt. But should we bring in any one from the depth of our squad, and there's nothing exciting anymore.

Having said all this ****, which again is merely my humble opinion and not necessarily the most popular, I reckon that we can go up north and get something out of the Mancs. We should be fired up and willing to fight for those ****ing 3 points. 1 AT THE MINIMUM.

Expect Lukuntku to find the back of the net, that's a given. But I expect our boys to give them a response and for Hernandez to show them he's still got it.

Now that's up to Bilic...

Rant over. I'm not worried, season hasn't started. We should go there confident of being able to nick at least a point. Just, not everything is sunshine lollipops and rainbows. It never is. This is West Ham.

Anyways.
****ing press the ****ing c**** and go grab them points. COYFI.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1118 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

DDHammer wrote:Martial and Lukaku will punish us...bad night on the cards, squad isn't ready. 4-1.
I think you're playing it down DD, not ready, not fit, can see our midfield being walked through as has become all too common. Man Utd have pace in abundance in Martial, Rashford, Pogba etc, they have guile and craft in Mata and they now have our scourge in Lukaku. Tough start indeed :(
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

id like to see us line up

----------------------Hart

-----------Reid----Fonte--Ogbonna

Zabs------Obiang--Lanzini---Arthur

------Arnatavic-Hernandez---Ayew

Ferandez in for lanzini if not back

Lanzini to spray the ball round the park and carry it when ness

interchangeable attack
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Hart
Zabaleta Reid Fonte Ogbonna Masuaku
Obiang Lanzini
Ayew Chicharito Arnautovic

think we could get a draw if we line up like this
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Lostcoco wrote:Hart
Zabaleta Reid Fonte Ogbonna Masuaku
Obiang Lanzini
Ayew Chicharito Arnautovic

think we could get a draw if we line up like this

That defence wont hold them mate and neither will Obiang playing DM
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Puff Daddy wrote:

That defence wont hold them mate and neither will Obiang playing DM
Hart
Zabaleta Reid Fonte Collins Ogbonna Masuaku
Obiang Lanzini Rice
Chicharito

:lol:
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Suprised to see Masuaku in so many line ups after today's one footed display... I think Cresswell starts if fit

Again teams with just Lanzini and Obiang in the middle, Noble will play if fit.

Our chances (other than cutting out errors) rely Lanzini, Arnautovic and Hernandez all being fit and causing them problems

We need an outlet
IanBishopLegend7

Post by IanBishopLegend7 »

Going to be a tough game. Man Utd move the ball around a lot better then last year, some serious pace also. I can't even make a team from what I saw today...trying to choose between Ayew and Snodgrass just makes me want to cry.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Most people were creaming their pants over Masuaka at the end of last season, saying Cresswell should be replaced. It is indeed a funny old game. Lukaku will score, put your house on it. Still concerned by the centre backs and think these first few away games could see us well in the poo by September.

Still, try to keep positive.....we'll snatch a draw with Lukaku doing the inevitable and Chicharito coming back to haunt them. We'll win the next 5 and be top by October, Noble will get the England cap, Iron Mike will be back from injury and rattle in a hat trick on his return. We can but hope

belgohammer - I like your post, especially the bit where you put 'finally....' then go on for about 6 more paragraphs :lol: good words though
belgohammer

Post by belgohammer »

Hammersfaniow wrote: belgohammer - I like your post, especially the bit where you put 'finally....' then go on for about 6 more paragraphs :lol good words though
But really I just needed it off my chest, thanks for reading :lol:
Noble Man
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Noble Man »

God help us... that is all.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we certainly need antonio kouyate lanzini and reid back asap.

reid has only played half a match against the german pub team before being sent off. cant see him being ready.

Hart
zabaleta fonte ogbonna masuaka
byram obiang fernandez noble arnautovic
chico

subs adrian cresswell rice ayew martinez holland masaki

keep snodgrass away from the squad as he offers nothing.
bench looks thin
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

We need a cunning plan...
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

We can't play 2 CB has to be 3 ,with no midfield cover they will tear us apart.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

What I would play

Adrian
Zab Reid Fonte Cresswelll
Bryam Lanzini Kouyate Athur
Arnie Hernadez
What we'll get

Hart
Zab Ogbonna Fonte Arthur
Noble Obiang Lanzini
Ayew Arnie
Hernadez
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

we need rice doing the job oxford did against the goon, sitting behind obiang and lanzini with arnie, hernandez, ayew front three.

arthur, ogbonna, reid, zaba making up the back 4 with hart barking at them from behind.

fonte looks shot.
SullySpecial
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

Gulp.

I fear that Petits Pois could score a hat trick and we'd still lose by 2 or 3.