Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4378 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by bubbles1966 »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:You thought he'd be a speedy gonzales
No, that was Walter Lopez.

I got called racist. Image
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

That was you?!!

I always thought libero called Chuck the racist!

That was a GREAT day.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Front wheel drive cars with wide wheels on the back.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

As I logged into The Snug tonight I found the following;
"Where in the UK would you like to live?" followed by "Shadwell".
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

At the car mechanics earlier on today, bloke walks into the reception area and shouts out 'Come on You Irons'.
My number plate starts with WHU.
Fella was from Stratford, been here 18 years.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Had a really iffy Sunday night/Monday morning with the old bipolar nonsense...got myself through it, and made myself jump on a bus out to my favourite spot in the Purbecks near Chapman's Pool.

Sat myself down on the concrete bench overlooking Kimmeridge/Lulworth/Weymouth Bay/Portland Bill... the sun came out and I felt better simply through that.

Then as if by magic, one of these beauties appeared, and I watched it soaring around close to me for a good 10 minutes...

http://www.utahbirds.org/birdsofutah/Bi ... onKK17.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stunning, and a simple pleasure for free, save for the bus fare. :-)
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:Had a really iffy Sunday night/Monday morning with the old bipolar nonsense...got myself through it, and made myself jump on a bus out to my favourite spot in the Purbecks near Chapman's Pool.

Sat myself down on the concrete bench overlooking Kimmeridge/Lulworth/Weymouth Bay/Portland Bill... the sun came out and I felt better simply through that.

Then as if by magic, one of these beauties appeared, and I watched it soaring around close to me for a good 10 minutes...

http://www.utahbirds.org/birdsofutah/Bi ... onKK17.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wicked! Never seen one in the wild. That I'm aware of, at least. Back to France at the end of this month, which should mean a good few opportunities for spotting raptors.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Seeing Myron, Trifecta and Tross posting on the forum all within the space of a few days :)
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The Saniflo engineer telling me not to replace the entire unit, just to replace a couple bits, which he'll do for £100 cash instead of the £600 I thought I was going to have to shell out.

WOO!
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

Funnily enough, it's raining today. We've had at least 3-4 weeks of high temperatures n the mid 30's, so to have a proper break is actually quite refreshing - and the smell is wonderful, always makes me smile.

No doubt the locals will be moaning about it raining soon, as if it were my fault!
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

a guy i know from work went out wife his wife at the weekend and he put his phone in her handbag so he didnt have to carry it.
she goes to the toilet and places her bag in the sink as it was dry whilst she went to the loo.
what she didn't see was the sink had a motion sensor and whilst she was filling the toilet the tap was filling her bag up with both their phones in :lol:
her spending a penny cost just over £1000 in new phones
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

^^^ :lol: ^^^
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

DasNutNock wrote:
Wicked! Never seen one in the wild. That I'm aware of, at least. Back to France at the end of this month, which should mean a good few opportunities for spotting raptors.
I've been lucky enough to see one about 3 or 4 times down there now Dan, having never seen one before until a few years ago; around Kimmeridge is a real hotspot for them. Oddly enough, the last time I saw one was after leaving the ground after the Leicester game last season; possibly one being used by the stadium or another tall building nearby to stave off pigeons.

Always a thrill seeing one (especially framed in such a beautiful setting - the Purbecks rather than Stratford that is!), or any bird of prey for that matter... good luck with that in France. :-)
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:Had a really iffy Sunday night/Monday morning with the old bipolar nonsense...got myself through it, and made myself jump on a bus out to my favourite spot in the Purbecks near Chapman's Pool.

http://www.utahbirds.org/birdsofutah/Bi ... onKK17.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We get to see birds of prey quite often on our property, mainly hawks or a falcon. I'll try and take a photo next time I have an opportunity and will post on here.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Peregrines are often seen in central London, the high buildings and towers are good substitutes for cliffs and there's no shortage of pigeons.

If you want to see them in a more natural habitat, Symonds Yat is a good place and the RSPB provides telescopes for visitors to get a better view..
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:If you want to see them in a more natural habitat, Symonds Yat is a good place and the RSPB provides telescopes for visitors to get a better view..
Excellent advice JBB and some nice little pubs nearby as well :thup:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

That is a bloody great idea. Haven't been there in years. Will see if I can take the kids over one weekend for some canoeing & twitching.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1290 likes

Post by davids cross »

Finding out that...

A) ..Mary Hopkin is still very much alive.

&

B).. She is posting on twitter.

:)
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

My first true love

Those were the days :thup:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

screech wrote:a guy i know from work went out wife his wife at the weekend and he put his phone in her handbag so he didnt have to carry it.
she goes to the toilet and places her bag in the sink as it was dry whilst she went to the loo.
what she didn't see was the sink had a motion sensor and whilst she was filling the toilet the tap was filling her bag up with both their phones in
her spending a penny cost just over £1000 in new phones
Dumb bitch!
:lol: